“Americade 2013”
Review of Motel Montreal

Motel Montreal
Ranked #52 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

This was the fifth year that we stayed at the Motel Montreal for Americade and it was as good as ever. The hotel is very clean, has a pool, some basic amenities in the rooms and the other people are great. The rooms are well-kept and great for the price. I liked that they added flat screen televisions to the rooms this year. We met up with a group from Nova Scotia who barbecued and invited us to join in. Rob, the owner, makes it a very friendly and inviting environment and we couldn't imagine Americade anywhere else. We will be back for Americade next year and for years to come.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank corenerichards
Rob G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review and post some pictures. I can't believe that Americade 2014 is right around the corner. The year goes by very quickly and Americade is always a lot of fun for us as owners. Have a great spring and we will see you in a few weeks.

There are newer reviews for Motel Montreal

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My two kids and I visited Lake George this past summer and stayed at the Motel Montreal. We booked one of the packages and got five nights plus theme park tickets, water park tickets, rodeo tickets and meals for under $600 bucks. It was a great deal and we really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were clean and perfect for our needs. We had a mini-fridge and used the grills on the nights when we weren't eating out. The kids loved the pool and we will be back. As other reviews mention, the hotel is not a luxury resort but the rooms are comfortable and the value was great.

Room Tip: Book a package and save some money.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Nadia K
Rob G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Nadia,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for writing such a nice review. I am thrilled that you liked the package. The 5-nighter package that you purchased was our most popular package in 2013 and it is a great value. We have a similar package being rolled-out in 2014 and I hope that you will give it some thought when you are making vacation plans. Thanks for staying and we wish you a very happy new year.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Motel Montreal last summer and had a great time. Rob, the owner was very friendly and had all kinds of recommendations and discounts for us on the cruises and amusement parks. The rooms were small but clean and we had a nice little siting area facing the pool. They had free WiFi and a flat screen and coffee, so we were happy. The pool was great and you can't beat the location for the price. We loved our stay so much that we extended it by two days and we will be back in 2014.

Room Tip: You will save a lot of money if you call the hotel directly rather than booking over the internet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren K

Lauren,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review the Montreal. It was great hosting you and your boyfriend and I am very glad that you found value and comfort in our product. As you correctly note, I can always save you money if you book directly with me by phone. I hope that you had a great autumn and I wish you a very happy new year. See you in 2014!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for our Labor day vacation this year and we were very pleased with the place! room was clean and the owner Rob was very friendly. The bed was comfortable and we have a nice stay here overall.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian S

Brian,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found value in our Labor Day package. We offer lodging, dining and attraction package for most holiday weekends and we hope that you we keep us in mind for your next visit to Lake George.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

If you have read any road trip novels, watched the movies, or just used your imagination, this is your home grown all American Motel, 60s-70s décor but totally comfortable room at a good price for the area,no problems at all for a one night stop over in the Adriondacks. Easy walking distance into town, for food and drinks

1  Thank andyTyneAndWearUk

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to review the Motel Montreal. We do not receive a lot of comments regarding the nostalgia factor of our property and I think that you address a really cool and interesting angle. The Motel Montreal is a member of a dying breed of exterior corridor roadside motels constructed for the automotive age when mom and and dad packed the kids in the car, drove four hours and spent a summer's week by the lake. Guests were personally greeted by the owner and the staff knew your name. We try to recreate some of that nostalgia at the Motel Montreal while integrating the 21st century into our rooms (flat screen, microwaves, WiFi, coffee makers and fridges). It is a fun place to own and we greatly appreciate your business and you review. Drive safely and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My husband and I had a great stay at the Motel Montreal. Rob the owner and staff is very in tune to the needs of their patrons. Room was clean and kept that way on a daily basis. Even with a water main break close to the motel, it didn't put a damper on our trip. Rob made sure we were comfortable. Enjoyed the walk to the town. Great suggestions on where to were dine offered. Asked for more towels and they were brought immediately. We have stayed in other places in the village and this by far is the best as the hospitality offered was A-ONE! We look forward to staying next year!

1  Thank Maryann S

Maryann,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. Car Show 2013 was a lot of fun and, between the water main break at 3:00 am, a toddler and a 3 month old in the house, I didn't sleep much that weekend. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you again in 2014. Have a happy, healthy and safe new year.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I was given as a gift a trip to Lake George at this motel by my daughter and son-in-law. Although I have been to Lake George before, I never stayed at the Motel Montreal prior to this. Well, based on my experience I would definitely come back. To start, the staff here was extremely welcoming, courteous and helpful. They seemed to make it a priority that your stay is as enjoyable as possible. The property and rooms were very well maintained and clean. (really important to us!). As far as its location, you basically can walk to everything in the town of Lake George. We came up for the Car Show, (which I highly recommend to anyone for a great fun event), so it was fantastic that we could park our car at the motel and basically leave it there without having to fight with parking in town. The little things in the room such as a refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV were just another aspect of adding to our comfort. I highly recommend this Motel to anyone going to the Lake George area. You will be extremely satisfied with the hospitality and overall comfort. The Motel Montreal just stood out from all the other places that we have stayed at prior to this in Lake George. We will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms directly across from the pool was just convenient as well as spaced from other rooms across th...
2  Thank Bill I

Bill,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for writing such a nice review. We thoroughly enjoyed hosting you and we hope to see you again in 2014. Car show is always a fun weekend at the Montreal and guests such as yourself make the event. We hope that you had a great autumn and we wish you and your family a very happy new year.