“Hit the Jackpot!”
Review of Motel Montreal

Motel Montreal
Ranked #51 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Decided on a little b'day getaway which falls a few days after July 4th. It's a tough time to book period between prices & almost everyone & their mothers are looking to do the same... Found this place through Trip Advisor while researching places to stay in Lake George. The location was great, the rooms affordable & they all came with fridge & micro. That's a big plus!
I originlly booked online through what I thought to be the motels own website. I didn't realize that I booked through a booking agency until my confirmation came thru. I ended up calling the motel directly & rebooked with the owner Rob. I would recommend doing this to save some money. Rob was very helpful right from the get go so I felt great about my choice of places to stay!
Then it got even better...
I originally requested a Queen bed in a quiet area (if possible)... something away from the action & noise. Rob told me he had a perfect room for me. Fast forward to about one week before my stay... Got a call from Rob asking if it would be ok if he moved me from the room to one of the 2 bedroom apts. He said it would be helpful to him because he had a past guest that called kinda last minute & was requesting the room he originally put me in. He said the only thing was that the rooms only had double beds not Queens. Other than that; full kitchen, dining room, living room & basically a brand new beautiful bathroom plus a partial view of the lake. Oh... and it was on the top floor... very out of the way... And I was doing him a favor! Gotta love it...
Anyway, the apartment was very sizeable & comfy! It could sleep 6-8 people. I was a party of 2! The only slight, very slight thing mildly on the downside is that the beds could probably use an upgrade. I think they may be a little on the old side. Kinda springy. But I still slept pretty good anyhow! Other than that, JACKPOT!
What I especially like a lot about this place is that it is a family business & you can really tell Rob is a hands on owner who will really go the extra mile to make his guests feel welcome! My impression was that if there was something you were in need of, just ask. That is a jackpot in itself... very rare to get that kind of feeling in a chain place where the staff is always changing.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Helen_NuMetal
Rob G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2015

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am very glad that it all worked out and that you enjoyed your stay and time in Lake George. We take a lot of pride in the hotel and in the area and we are always happy to give insight into each. We hope that you had a great remainder of the summer and we hope to see you in 2015!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

What a nasty place. We booked online for 4th of July weekend not sure what to expect. We started planning late and our options were few. We learned our lesson. We arrived at night on July 3rd to find a room that had mud dragged through the room onto the carpeting (perhaps housekeeping did that?), hair on the sheets in both beds (did they even replace the sheets?), and a foul odor probalby from the carpet and the ancient mattresses/pillows. Within minutes I told my wife and kids let's go someowhere else. But, we could not get out of the room...not kidding...the door was STUCK. And there was NO PHONE in the room...how can we call the front desk? What if there is a fire? I'm a very athletic and mechanically-inclined guy and it took me a good 5-10 mintues to shimmy the door open so we could escape this rancid pit. Except for the bathroom, the whole room smelled mildewy and musty. The carpet and furniture were ancient. The front desk manager was very rude. I approached him and politely explained what we observed, and I asked if he could find us another room in better condition, otherwise we will not be staying. He very smugly and sarcstically said he can vacuum, replace the sheets and fix the door ("will take he half hour...no problem.."). I told him no thanks, the room had additional issues and I don't think the lock on the door can be acceptably fixed by turning a screwdrive for a half hour. Then he said he would have to charge us for the first night but could cancel the other two. I told him NO- he had to cancel all three. He aggressively and argumentativley told me he was charging us for the first night and that's how it works. I told him he has to cancel the charges on all three nights because the room is unfit and I know this because I am an attorney and in my work I am aware of how things like this work. He said that if I am an attorney then I must know he has a "right to cure"-- (must have been sued before....waht a shocker). I told him it is late at night and we don't have to wait for him to try to fix the room's problems...we are canceling. Then, I kid you not, he says "You know what...I changed my mind...I am going to charge your for all three nights...too bad." UNBELIEVABLE customer service. I told him thanks for the warning and that I willl contact my credit card company and block his charges. He smirked and said "You do that." Then as I left he said "Good luck" very sarcastically. The credit card company was on the phone within minutes and said they will block his charges. And a much nicer hotel was able to put us in a room that opened up. So our weekend was great. Stay away from Motel Montreal.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank L C
Reviewed 6 July 2014

When we travel on the motorcycle to Lake George from Montreal, we stay at his motel. Friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and a lovely, clean pool. You can also walk to town and several restaurants around.
Price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Noella T

Noella,

It is always great to host you and your friends. Thank you for writing a review and thank you for staying with us. We hope that you had a great rest of the summer and we hope to see you in 2015!

Rob

Reviewed 30 June 2014

we stayed at montreal Motel for one night during a motorcycle trip. We were 6 friends , staying in two rooms. Good location in lake george village, Fast check in, friendly staff, free wifi,clean rooms lots of parking. A/C work fine and it was really hot outside. The pool was refreshing and clean .

we had lot of fun!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank zazded
Rob G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2015

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Guests who ride in on Harleys are always the most fun. This is especially so when they originate from north of the United States boarder. We hope that you had a great summer and we hope that you will make the Motel Montreal a destination during summer 2015!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We rented 10 rooms for my father in-laws surprise 80th. Rob and his wife were very welcoming and happy to have such a large group. Our rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. It is in a great location in town and you can walk to most anything. Our in-laws have a home on the lake, but because we are such a large family, on weekends when it may get a little crowded, this will definitely be our go to place. You can't beat it for the price either.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Spagirl4162
Rob G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2015

Thank you for the wonderful review and for staying with us. It was great hosting your group and we hope that you will be back sometime during summer 2015!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I decided to do a Spiritual Retreat by myself for a few days in Lake George. LG was where our family did our summer vacations. I had stayed at Motel Montreal in years past. However, this trip was most memorable.
I was so impressed with the "new" owners and had pleasant and meaningful conversations with Rob, his wife, and even his mother-in-law!
Motel Montreal is ideally situated. A short walk to the end of the block for a swim and directly across the street from Tamarac Inn Restaurant. No need to use the car for a few days as it's only a short walk short to the "main drag".
Clean...courteous...convenient...Loved it!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank delucajacobino
Rob G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2015

Thank you for staying with us and thank you the kind words. My wife and I work very hard to make guests happy and take pride in our efforts. We hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your summer and we would love to see you in 2015!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I traveled to Lake George for Cinco de Mayo and a little getaway and stayed at the Motel Montreal. The location was great and the owners were very nice. It is a family owned hotel and we loved that it was very personalized for us. Rob and his wife made us feel very welcome and gave us a bunch of ideas on where to eat and how to save money. The location was perfect and the rooms were clean and just what we needed. This is a great family owned place and we are very happy to support it and recommend it to our friends.

Room Tip: Book directly and ask for Rob. He told me that his prices when you call directly are lower than the...