Decided on a little b'day getaway which falls a few days after July 4th. It's a tough time to book period between prices & almost everyone & their mothers are looking to do the same... Found this place through Trip Advisor while researching places to stay in Lake George. The location was great, the rooms affordable & they all came with fridge & micro. That's a big plus!
I originlly booked online through what I thought to be the motels own website. I didn't realize that I booked through a booking agency until my confirmation came thru. I ended up calling the motel directly & rebooked with the owner Rob. I would recommend doing this to save some money. Rob was very helpful right from the get go so I felt great about my choice of places to stay!
Then it got even better...
I originally requested a Queen bed in a quiet area (if possible)... something away from the action & noise. Rob told me he had a perfect room for me. Fast forward to about one week before my stay... Got a call from Rob asking if it would be ok if he moved me from the room to one of the 2 bedroom apts. He said it would be helpful to him because he had a past guest that called kinda last minute & was requesting the room he originally put me in. He said the only thing was that the rooms only had double beds not Queens. Other than that; full kitchen, dining room, living room & basically a brand new beautiful bathroom plus a partial view of the lake. Oh... and it was on the top floor... very out of the way... And I was doing him a favor! Gotta love it...
Anyway, the apartment was very sizeable & comfy! It could sleep 6-8 people. I was a party of 2! The only slight, very slight thing mildly on the downside is that the beds could probably use an upgrade. I think they may be a little on the old side. Kinda springy. But I still slept pretty good anyhow! Other than that, JACKPOT!
What I especially like a lot about this place is that it is a family business & you can really tell Rob is a hands on owner who will really go the extra mile to make his guests feel welcome! My impression was that if there was something you were in need of, just ask. That is a jackpot in itself... very rare to get that kind of feeling in a chain place where the staff is always changing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Motel Montreal is located in the heart of Lake George Village within walking distance of shopping/ restaurants and/ Lake George. The Motel Montreal offers clean/ comfortable lodging at affordable prices/ a 20 by 50 foot swimming pool/ a picnic area with barbecue grills/ free parking/ wireless high-speed internet/ discount tickets to Six Flags Great Escape/ Water Slide World and other Lake George attractions and the beauty and scenic splendor of the Adirondacks. All guestrooms include a refrigerator, microwave, free WiFi and coffeemaker. Bringing the whole family? Ask about our two-bedroom condo which sleeps up to seven! Stay with us and discover how relaxing and fun a Lake George vacation can be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Motel Montreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel Montreal Hotel Lake George
- Montreal Hotel Lake George