“Exceeded Expectations”
Review of Twin Birches

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake George
Twin Birches
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I agree with all the positive reviews below. We were first timers but most people we met (friendly people by the way) had been going for 15 years or more. We signed up already for next year and can't wait. I read the "negative reviews" below in advance so of course I had some apprehensions. Since you know enough to use Trip Advisor as a great resource, you too probably spend some time picking out just the right place while on vacation. Having the right expectations is very important to any trip but particularly when you are in this type of location - housekeeping cottages. I was very clear from the website about the location relative to the lake (we drove most of the time but it was not a huge deal to walk); I was fully aware that it was a two burner stove and everything I wanted to know about how it was equipped I asked in advance. There are enough dishes and glasses. There aren't a lot of cooking utensils but we made do. Next year I will bring bbq tongs and my Pampered Chef spatula that I use everyday but I made do without both. They provided kitchen towels that you can exchange everyday and I brought my own sponge. No problem. Not a lot of pots and pans but again - made do. We did not have any temperature problems, no problems with rowdy guests and the staff was friendly and helpful. We had a new tv and so did all of our friends. We thought the lake area was beautiful with plenty of spots to get comfortable. There are a lot of big family groups and if you are on your own with just your family unit, you might feel a bit that they take over but I have had that experience in many other types of accomodations as well. The trolley stops right out front and it's very easy to get to the village. Also, they will take you on their Pontoon boat every day at noon and pick you up at 4. We enjoyed this a lot! Yes, you have to pay for the minature golf but I consider that an extra anyway. Yes, the game room is not state of the art but also an extra in my book. I hope that you try it and like it - we sure did!

Room Tip: Liked having our own cottages versue being in the suites. A good option if you don't want to sta...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank E M

Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is our 3rd year at twin birches and another great week. We were three families children ranging from 20 months to 20 years. All had a great time. Love our nightly fires with a variety of smore's. Boys love the freedom to be able to go out around the property to the arcade play ping pong, mini golf and choose between 2 great pools. Lake George is a great vacation spot for all ages. Twin birches is always improving, the grounds are kept beautiful the only down side is the lake is a bit of a trek..but it has not made US go elsewhere.....see you in 2014

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mommyto3loves
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Linda and the staff at twin birches are great. The rooms are very clean and whatever you need they are there with just one phone call. They have a laundry facility on the grounds. Two built in pools and the landscaping is beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank catooch
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Lake George is a great place for a family vacation and Twin Birches is a the place to stay. We've been going to Twin Birches for the last 14 years and my two sons have grown up there. One of the best things about the place is the people you meet. We go every year the week of the fourth of July and all the same families are there. You develop friendships over the years. The grounds are well kept and include 2 tennis courts, three basketball courts, children's playground, game room with ping pong and pool tables, two pools, and Lake Front swimming with sandy bottom. There is plenty to do in historic Lake George. The fishing is terrific, there are two amusement parks, and you can even catch a baseball game at nearby Glens Falls. I whole heartedly recommend a vacation in Lake George and staying at Twin Birches.

Room Tip: Twin Birches is pet friendly and I recommend a pet cabin.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2012

We have been going to Lake George and have stayed at Twin Birches for one week every August for almost 25 years. Our family can total over 35 people for a reunion but we are all comfortably accomodated there at the cottages. I personally have loved Lake George since we first began the reunions there. The lake, the town, the surrounding area of Adirondack park, the rivers and other towns; with the Twin Birches as my "home base", I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.

Room Tip: We always get cottage #13 (a lucky number for us). My family and I have always enjoyed it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2012 via mobile

We went in August with 3 families. The grounds are just awesome. We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom cottage. It was as nice as a house! We had a huge kitchen, living room, brand new stove, full refrigerator, large table, Flat screen TV, the works!!! All for 1400 for a week can't beat that!
There is no maid service, so cleaning is up to you. It really Was not a problem.
The grounds are beautiful. They have 2 pools, basketball courts, mini golf, game room, plenty of fire pits.
There are picnic tables everywhere, and every cabin has a full deck table with chairs/
We love the ambiance of the whole place. Very relaxing close to nature!
They have a spot across the street with the lake, plenty of chairs, Lakeside. The kids had a blast jumping from their pier into the water. They have paddle boats at no cost and row boats which we used. They even have their own pontoon boat that takes you into town each day at noon if you choose.
The only negatives I can see was the firewood was $$. You could easily drop 20-30 for a fire for a night. My advice bring your own or have it delivered to you at the site!
They charge money for the kids to play mini golf on the grounds. Really that should be free, it's part of their grounds. The towel situation was another negative. If you don't get your towels each day by noon you are out of luck. This posed a problem as we needed to give our kids showers after being in the lake all day and they would not give us clean ones NO EXCEPTIONS!
The game room was a money pit as any game room is....
All the positives are so much more
We are pretty picky about where we go
And we are going back next year!
Can't wait!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank dspacc
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We go on several vacations each year but this is my family's favorite. This is the 4th year staying at Twin Birches. The location is wonderful, the cabins are very clean, and the staff is wonderful. Plenty of activities are close by. We will be going back next July!

Room Tip: We always stay in a cabin with a view of the lake!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family