“Great family getaway.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
Alpine Village Resort
Ranked #46 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We are going back this year with even more family in tow. We fly into Albany and rent a car and drive up. There was a lot to do. The kids had a great time. Not gonna lie...it is rustic and things are outdated. However, you are not going there to expect a Hilton. It has charm and character. Great views for your morning coffee. The t.v.'s in the rooms are not the best and there are no video games. The town is so cute and great places to eat! We are looking forward to our week in August coming up.

Room Tip: The rooms with a full kitchen are more expensive but worth it if you are going to be there for a whi...
4  Thank RobertReal

Reviewed 4 July 2012

This beautiful lodge is open to the public for breakfast and we loved it. Very reasonable and we sat on a small balcony where we had a beautiful view of Lake George. Peaceful and private. We liked it so much we also checked out a cabin and have planned a vacation there.

Room Tip: Near the lake unless you want to hike uphill.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gadsden390
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I usually stay with family when I am in the Lake George area but my cousins and I were looking for a cheap place to stay on the lake and close to the village for the weekend. This place was adorable, the main lodge has a beautiful wrap around porch that I sat and ate breakfast on every morning while I was there. They do offer breakfast at the lodge it is between $5-8, I never ate there since we brought small snacks for breakfast. The owner is super nice and easy going, our cabin was ready when we arrived. We were at the top of the hill, closer to the road. The cabin room was small, it had one double bed that my cousin and I shared. It was somewhat clean, dust bunnies in the windows and in the corners but its a cabin.. you can't expect the Hampton Inn. The bathroom was small but it was fine for what we needed. I absolutely loved the beach! They had these gigantic adirondack chairs, we tanned all day and used the canoe that the owner provides. They also have a small pool. It was very close to the village, I will be coming back to this place, made you feel like you were in the mountains.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sawright
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Very nice place to stay we rented the bigest lake front cabin they had but didn't realize cabins have no living rooms so you get bedrooms and a kitchen the view is great the beach is nice the pool was nice if you want to BBQ it is a hike to go from your place to the BBQ the recreation area was very dated and musty smelling but the main lodge was beautiful and the porch on the main lodge was awsome

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Lkubat
Reviewed 5 September 2011

First time at Alpine Village, after reading the prior reviews wanted to experience it for myself along with family members. We enjoyed Lake George very much, the property is large and has a lot of potential. All the cabins my family and I stayed at neither of them had a living room. Everyone had to hang out on someone's bed. The cleaning situation could have been better, so we were prepared with wipes and air fresheners. Ernie seems like he tries his best to make everyone happy. The rooms carpet seem as if it had not been vacuumed ever. I found empty bottles and debris under one of my kids bed. Which means they never vacuumed before we got there.. It is a very rustic place and although I will never stay there again, overall we had a great time and made the best of it. The pool needed repair and the mosquitos in the area needed immediate attention. The water pressure in the shower was so bad I almost got burned with the hot water not being balanced. We were there for Hurricane Irene, the main lodge had a generator but none of the cabins had electricity for 18 hours. They say no pets allowed but they have their own dog running around the property. The only good thing about this place is their main lodge breakfast it was awesome and reasonably priced.

7  Thank maria J
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I'll start on a positive note. The grounds and scenery are fantastic, but that is about where it stops.

We were fortunate to have caught Ernie (the owner) in the office when we arrived to check-in, otherwise we would have waited quite some time to be attended to. The "ring bell for service" sign didn't seem to be too effective the remainder of our stay. We were asked to pay in full upon arrival. I have never encountered that at a hotel and have traveled to many, many places all across the country and in other countries. We were allowed to use a credit card to pay (however it was only half our bill, the other half had been sent via check prior to our arrival to "secure our reservation"). And we were informed about how they get charged a $0.25 fee for every credit transaction, almost as if we were being scolded for asking use a debit card.

We received a standard key to enter the room (no swipe, no problem there), however without the help of the guest staying in the room next to us, we would never have been able to lock our cabin door.

The rooms (or at least ours) needed a serious facelift. Which I found ironic considering when we checked in, the owner told us that it was "one of the nicest rooms". The carpets were dirty looking and consistently damp. I refused to walk around the room without flip flops or slippers. The bedding was old in style (but that is to be expected for the log-cabin atmosphere). The sheets were clean, but the mattress was hard, creeky and the pillows were flat as could be. There is no actual closet, just a shelf with a hanging pole. The window treatments were stained in spots and yellowed (I imagine at one point they were off-white). The windows themselves were in desperate need of cleaning... there was actually a quite large, dead spider encrusted on the window. The towels in the bathroom were thin and occassionally stained, I ended up using an extra beach towel I had brought with me. The shower curtain needed to be washed and stuck to you when you showered (so gross)-- I couldn't wait to shower when I got home!!

The room rates were inexpensive for the area, now I understand why. I think if they replaced the carpets, window treatments and shower curtains and got a better cleaning staff; they could double their rates and be full year round. The concept of the "log cabin" style is perfect for the area and the location and scenery are wonderful, but more attention must be paid to the interior of the rooms!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kim D
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Check in at three...NO. The elderly woman owner kept putting us off saying it was being cleaned. Forty-five minutes after the check-in time I inquired again..this time with the cleaning ladies. They said it was ready. Went to get a key from office and again had the not-so-nice owner say she did not have a key..but finally found one. There were ants and sesame seeds/crumbs on the table in kitchen. Carpenter ants in bathroom as well. After a couple nights I SAW a mouse run across the room under the bed I was sleeping in. The next night a smaller baby mouse actually jumped out of my luggage bag. Mouse droppings were on my clothes and all over the kitchen upon waking up. I brought a shirt covered in mouse droppings into the office and asked if there were any mouse free rooms. I was yelled at and told by the woman "this is the Adirondacks and they are all over my house when I return from Florida". I also mentioned ants. She she, "what do you want Earnie to do, spray?" I said spray what, and was yelled at again. I said I have children and don't want toxins on top of everything else. I was actually blamed for "bringing food into the place" . Go figure, it has a kitchen. Next day, I noticed 3 rotten oranges left behind from previous people on top of a cabinet. Everyone I spoke to agreed that their place was dirty too.

Since we brought our boat, we were thankfully out on the lake all day and not so much in the room..At times, sitting on the deck of our building, we could smell sewage! They really need to get people in there to update and make this a more pleasant stay.

Towels actually ripped they were so paper thin. It does have potential for being a great resort since the location is excellent. Earnie was quite helpful, as he fixed a running faucet in the kitchen and a leaking pipe. Stay away if you want clean rooms that are rodent free!

5  Thank cheri m