“Great Place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
Alpine Village Resort
Ranked #47 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 11 September 2012

nice family location, Ernie the owner is there to help you in anyway. Yes Cabins are a bit rustic but most are in Lake George. Clean rooms, great breakfast- best deal in Lake George. We have stayed here 3 or 4 times-whenever we do go to Lake George we stay here. Book early though as it is always full!

Room Tip: not a fancy place- its a Cabin-rustic place- get the Cabin by the water if its only a couple- beauti...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Kathy O

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Myself, my girlfriend and her daughter made the trip from Baltimore to get away from the city. We were absolutely blown away by this place..... Its beautiful, all the way around. The people are great and treat you like family, and do their best to help you however they can. As for the few negatives I have read about this place, let me tell you if you are the type that needs your shoes tied for you by a butler and need all the luxury this is not for you, however,....... If you just want to relax and enjoy every last second of your vacation in a refreshing getaway at a very good rate, I would suggest this place over and over again.

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Billyo15
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We visited Lake George and stayed at the Alpine Village the same time last year. You can see my previous review for specifics, but my review is basically the same this time around. We had a great time!

We had such a great time last year that we were looking forward to coming back as soon as we pulled out of the driveway! This year we added an extra night and stayed for 4 nights/5 days - we are already talking about making it a week next year.

This year we stayed in a 2 bed cabin with a front porch and back deck. I loved this room. It had an "updated" bathroom with great water pressure in the shower. Basic toiletries, but since you will likely bring your own it didn't matter.

Each morning i had coffee on our deck overlooking the lake and each evening we had cocktails there as well. We had a small fridge that we kept stocked with snacks. One night we used the BBQ down by the lake.

I am not sure what people are looking for when they get a room on lake george. Most of the "motels" there are similar in the fact that they are old and in need of updating. For the price we paid, in PEAK season, we couldnt have gotten better and we can't complain! We spent the days on a row boat on the lake and my 6 year old daughter could've fished for hours (and did!) on the dock.

It is the kind of place that is reminiscent of days gone by, if you want glitz and glamour - good luck finding it elsewhere (go to the Sagamore) - if you are looking for long lazy days on the lake then Alpine Village is great.

AV, is 1/2 mile from downtown LG and we took several trips there for dinner or walking around. It is close to all churches, markets and grocery stores too.

My only complaint is that there could be some more amusements onsite - the ping pong table is great, but perhaps some horseshoes and bocce.

The owners, Lillianne and Ernie, work their tail off. I respect them for their work ethic and honestly, although i know they have a reputation for being gruff, we've mostly only experienced their pleasant side.

Like I said, we are already planning on a week stay in August 2013.

Room Tip: Request a cabin near the lake and definately on the hill. Just not the ones behind the parking lot...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ShaneInDC
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Rooms were dirty, spiderwebs, insects, yellowed curtains, broken glass pane on window, dirty windows, bathroom door had no lock, toilet leaks and causes water all over floor, no locking screen door if you want to keep front door open and keep kids inside. Ernie actually chided us and said well you're going to have to watch your kids, they need to listen, their ages were 7, 2 and 1and they are well behaved but there were so many things wrong in the room my husband and I would've never been able to sleep making sure they didn't hurt themselves! We said we were leaving and Ernie said no I'm kicking you out try and find a more affordable cleanly hotel, well we did exactly just that and saved ourselves $300.00 in the process. Pinebrook Motel, great room, clean, nice pool, extremely friendly owners, very caring. You couldn't pay me to stay at Alpine!!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Gordonnappi
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I would have to say that my stay wasnt as welcoming as I imagined.
I made a reservation in advance and asked regarding a crib and when we arrived I was charged $5 a day.
Noone told me over the phone that a crib is going to be addition money. The owner is very unfriendly and not sympathic. The hotel seems like its 50 years old and since then never remodeled. The towels look old and it seems like they never been renewed.We left our bbq sticks at the rest area and when returned they were missing. Approached owner she said thats impossible and the next day came back saying its possible but didnt even apologize. I have been to Lake George over a dozen of times but this is so far the worst hotel I have stayed in. Would never recommend this to anyone. The lake is wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Gsl1991
Reviewed 12 July 2012

It's 830 in the morning,the Kids are still sleeping...You are sitting on a Adirondack Chair with your Significant Other,on the Main Lodge balcony,overlooking the Lake and the Beach...A Carafe of coffee brought to you by the Waitress...do I really need to continue??? Ok, I will...how about having your Boat at Alpine's
dock,or a Pavillion with Grills...Just fill your Coolers, Relax and Enjoy!!!
Can't wait for August

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Tony C
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We are going back this year with even more family in tow. We fly into Albany and rent a car and drive up. There was a lot to do. The kids had a great time. Not gonna lie...it is rustic and things are outdated. However, you are not going there to expect a Hilton. It has charm and character. Great views for your morning coffee. The t.v.'s in the rooms are not the best and there are no video games. The town is so cute and great places to eat! We are looking forward to our week in August coming up.

Room Tip: The rooms with a full kitchen are more expensive but worth it if you are going to be there for a whi...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family