“Don't waste your money or time.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
Alpine Village Resort
Ranked #53 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Selden, New York
“Don't waste your money or time.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

What a dump. Place smells musty. Beds are uncomfortable and small. I'm 5'11" and my feet were hanging off the end. Pool is very small. Lake view is nice but you can get that from the hotel next door which had so much more happening. We winded up going to a different hotel and leaving a day early. It's funny they have a sign that says no refund for early departure, probably because many people leave as soon as they get there. If the person in the next room decides to take an early morning or late night shower the walls shake and vibrate when water is running. Rooms are small and old. Owners are very old school and a bit rude. If your going with family find a different hotel pay a little more and be more comfortable. Parking lot is extremely small. As far as good things go breakfast was nice and reasonably priced. I say AVOID this place like the plague!!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Loui C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Smyrna, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

hubby and i went to lake george for our 2 year anniversary, it was a last minute decision to go. hubby called all over 2 nights before we went up. most places only would do 2 nights minimum when he called the owner said they did 2 nights but decided he'd let us just do the 1 night. it was beautful view and everyone was very friendly. loved the cabin yes it was a little small but hey what do you expect? your in half a cabin but it was so cozy and very romantic for us. loved the fireplace and the best part was the night we were there, there was a fireworks show so we grabbed one of our blankets out of the car and sat down by the lake to watch them best view of fireworks ive ever seen. all in all i would totally go back there if we ever make it back to lake george.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank redcat86
Agawam, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

Stayed here towards the end of August with a group of people. First off, the location and restaurant are great and I have absolutely no qualms about either. The room we had was disgusting, and filled with very large spiders, but as it was a log cabin I dealt with it. What I wasn't expecting was to have to deal with bed bugs acquired from staying here. Do yourself a favor and either stay elsewhere in Lake George or check your mattresses before sleeping in them. Not worth the bed bugs!

• Stayed August 2012
12 Thank Inreverie

Travellers are raving about these Lake George hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

There were bed bugs in our room. I brought them home in my suitcase, and I had to deal with the long process of getting rid of them. It ruined my summer. We had one of the duplex style log cabins. Be VERY careful and check your beds.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Lilac216
Sepultra, Manager at Alpine Village Resort, responded to this review, 26 July 2015
Hello, Alpine Village does not have bedbugs. Every bed in every room is inspected by the health department multiple times each year, and we have never had an inspection in which evidence of bedbugs have been found. Unfortunately, the Metropolitan NY area has had many problems with bedbugs in recent years, so it is very possible that you have picked them up in your personal belongings on another trip. If you would like to see our health inspection report, I would be happy to provide you with the most recent one. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to discuss this situation further. All the best, Carolyn Harrington, general manager
Avon, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

After reading some of the negative reviews, I was a little concerned about what we might find at the Alpine Village. I was very relieved when I walked in and found our cabin to be clean, and especially important to me, had a nice updated bathroom. The bath towels were very thin, so I was glad I heeded the advice of another reviewer and brought some from home. I also brought pillows and blankets. The "galley kitchen" had a mini refrigerator, a microwave, a sink and a coffee maker - nothing else so bring coffee cups, utensils, paper towels, and paper plates. There is a sign on the door that warns NO COOKING in the cabin. (There were no smoke detectors in the cabin which might explain that rule.) I found the bed to be quite comfortable and slept very well the two nights we were there. I wanted a nice rustic cabin and that is exactly what I got. I was disappointed breakfast wasn't being served as so many wrote good things about it. They still had the sign out stating breakfast was served and open to the public. As far as the price, we spoke to another guest as we were checking out and found he paid $20 less per night than we did. And he had a lake-front cabin while our cabin was next to the road. He had talked to Ernest and negotiated a lower rate since it was off-season. Wish I had thought of that. Also worth mentioning is that they installed a new septic system and are still working on finishing up the project.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Frankkaye
Tully, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

I booked a room here in June 2012 for a 3 day stay in September for a friend's wedding. I had read reviews (good and bad) and thought I would try the place out for myself. The owner asked me to send a check for half the total as a deposit. A little strange but ok. When we arrived to the motel on Friday afternoon at 3:15 pm there was a sign on the office door that said "be back at 4pm" and a phone number at the bottom of the sign. Since we had to be at the rehearsal dinner at 5 on the other side of the lake, I called the number and told the man that answered who I was and I wanted to check in. He said, " Well I guess that sign didn't mean anything." I said, "Well you left a number to call and I need to check in. We have a dinner to attend at 5pm and need to freshen up." He said," Take a deep breath and go look at the lake." I replied, " I don't want to look at the lake. I want to check in." He said, "Fine, I'll be there in 10 minutes."
After looking around at the dark, dingy, musty smelling lobby I began to think I had made a terrible mistake.
The gentleman arrived about 10 minutes later, telling us he had an emergency to attend to. I gave him my name again and he couldn't find my reservation. He asked if i received a confirmation and I said that I had and that it was at home. He replied sarcastically," That's a good place for it." I was so shocked I couldn't believe this man was chastising me for something I have NEVER had to do at any other hotel or motel I've stayed at. I have never been asked for a reservation/confirmation receipt! I explained that I had sent my check in June and even showed him the record in my check register. He even asked me how did I know his wife received the deposit check and I said that I knew because I had gotten the confirmation receipt in the mail! He said that his wife must have made a mistake and he didn't have a room for us. He asked me if I knew what room we were supposed to be in and I said, "15 or 16" He kept asking me to spell my last name which I did 4 or 5 times and kept looking at a chart on a desk stating we were not on the chart. He told us they were completely booked for the car show that weekend and there wasn't anything available. Another guest for the wedding walked into the lobby and heard my conversation and whispered to me, "They said the same thing to me." Apparently their reservation system leaves much to be desired. I was beginning to feel panicky as this was an important wedding for us to attend and now were being told they didn't have a room that I reserved in June! I was not happy! I felt like he kept looking for ways to blame me for him not keeping good records. After our insisting we did have a reservation, he finally said that he did have a room! So out of the blue a room appears?? He looked into a rusty file cabinet in the office and finally found the carbon copy of the our reservation. He said," I have a room with a queen bed available. It's room 16." And I said, " Yeah that's my room." He offered an apology but the damage was done!
The room was something out of a youth summer camp and not a good one. Indoor/ outdoor in carpeting in the bedroom, white wash clothes stuffed into the crevices at the ceilings in the bathroom and bedroom, a door between our bedroom and another room that was so thin you could hear everything that was going on, a coffee maker and microwave that looked like they were from 1985, and no coffee for the coffee maker! The towels were slightly larger than a hand towel and worn so thin I would have used them for rags. There was only one very tiny trash can and that was in the bathroom. A cloth shower curtain hung in the bath with a note on the wall asking to keep the curtain inside the tub! There wasn't even a plastic curtain to keep the water in! The windows were dirty and filled with spider webs and dead insects as was the light in the bedroom. I expect the Adirondacks to be rustic but not disgusting.
As for the service...we asked for someone to look at our TV since the picture went fuzzy. The woman in the office, I'm going to assume this was Lillian, said that it was because of the storm that went through but we told her it was like that before the storm. She said that she would have it looked at. When we returned to the motel later that day at 8 pm, the TV was still fuzzy, so bad that you couldn't see numbers on the football players' jerseys. So, back to the office my fiance went. He came back with the man who almost didn't check us in, after looking at the connection in the adjoining room, he determined the cable booster had been unplugged by the previous guests. The room hadn't been cleaned yet after the guests left. The owner said we could watch TV in that room if we wanted to! I wasn't about to occupy a room that hadn't been cleaned from its previous guests and reeked of cigarette smoke, even though the motel supposedly has a no smoking policy for all its rooms. By the way, our room had an ashtray on the table! The wedding was the highlight of the weekend but this poorly managed, archaic motel with rude, uncaring owners was just unacceptable! Please do yourself a favor and try another establishment. This place needs Hotel Impossible!!

Room Tip: Stay at another motel!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
9 Thank sweetyl63
Farmingdale, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

nice family location, Ernie the owner is there to help you in anyway. Yes Cabins are a bit rustic but most are in Lake George. Clean rooms, great breakfast- best deal in Lake George. We have stayed here 3 or 4 times-whenever we do go to Lake George we stay here. Book early though as it is always full!

Room Tip: not a fancy place- its a Cabin-rustic place- get the Cabin by the water if its only a couple- beauti...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family