“So bad in so many ways.”
Review of Green Haven Resort

Green Haven Resort
Ranked #44 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I have traveled all around the world but this motel has the distinction of being the absolute worst I have ever had the displeasure of staying at. One star doesn't do it justice. It's so outdated, it should be criminal. Nothing has been changed or improved since the early 1970's with the exception of the hot tub. That was probably added in the 80's. Not that it's in working order. The heating element is shot and it hardly gets over body temperature.

The game room, pool area, windows, curtains, beds, air conditioners, even the in-room fly swatters were all well over 30 years old. There were more bugs inside the "cottage" than there were on the front porch. In fact, I even found fleas! I was so disgusted that I wrapped myself up like a mummy in a sheet, even going so far as to completely cover my head & face, because I was so terrified of the possibility of bed bugs. I hardly got a wink of sleep.

The next morning, I went to "breakfast" hoping the place had some redeeming quality. What a joke! You couldn't pay me to eat any of the stuff they laid out in the reeking of mildew basement that they call a "coffee room". You're lucky if mold is all you smell, though, because if the owner is around, you're liable to get a healthy whiff of his disgusting body odor to go along with your stale breakfast bread. Apparently he doesn't use deodorant ever because every single time I was near him during our 3 night stay, he was exuding the most vile scent one could imagine from his armpits.

Seriously. Don't walk away from this place RUN! There are plenty of other places to stay in Lake George and I'm pretty sure none could be any worse than Green Haven.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank World_Is_Ours1
There are newer reviews for Green Haven Resort

Reviewed 13 July 2011

I am from Glens Falls area and have not been home for a visit in 8 yrs, so my family and I went for 6 days. We did not want to impose on family, plus we had our dog so we looked into staying here. I never once regreted it at all. The best way to describe the place is rustic, it matched the atmosphere of out doorsy like. By all means it was very cozy and comfy and felt like home. We had a wonderful trip and enjoyed our stay so much, we will stay again with them. Thank you for the wonderful week.

The Boudreaux Family

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We had to change our plans last minute and called Green Haven to see if they had anything for Memorial Day weekend. We had 6 in our party with 3 dogs and other special issues. Doug was fantastic from the moment I called him to the minute I handed him the key after 3 nights. The facilities are a little dated but they don't look any more dated than anywhere else in the area. The 2 bedroom unit was clean, spacious enough for everyone to hang out in the rain and the furniture comfortable... My biggest issue had nothing to do with the facility. Rather the inconsiderate motorcycle's revving their motors at 1am. Also during the day you can hear the traffic on route 9 if the windows are open. This was an issue for us, but not people who weren't close to the road. Turning the air on resolved it.. It appears they are fixing the place up slowly but surely. I liked that the price was reasonable, included continential breakfast and while a 5 minute drive to center of town and certainly walkable, far enough away not to hear the noise etc... We plan on going back

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank lisa1063
Reviewed 13 July 2009

first time here owner Doug great guy did all to make us happy our dog was in her glory had porch to hang out on walked around found other dogs to friend with we love loved love this place cant wait to go back we deff will come back with our Maddy we know she cant wait !! along with visit to Lake George where so many were greeting us all!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank triptic23
Reviewed 16 June 2008

Very nice owners. Easy to deal with on phone. Very helpful and eager to please.

Rooms were clean, thanks to Wendy the housekeeper. Room cleaned, towels changed daily.

Working A/C, fridge, and color TV with cable.

Good location. 3 minutes to town, but far enough away to get a good night sleep.

Owners live right on property, we felt plenty safe there.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Paul_from_NYC
Reviewed 10 October 2006

We stayed two nights in one of their duplex cottages and had a very comfortable, relaxing stay. The duplex worked out great, since I had two dogs with me and my parents! This was the first place I've stayed at that had a doggie gate on the porch - a thoughtful touch. The rooms were clean, equipped with a frig, microwave, and TV. The motel/resort is very close to the Village, about a half mile, but you do have to drive. Route 9N is a busy road, but the location is great, go south and you're in the Village, go north and you can head up to Bolton Landing.

It's a family run place and it shows!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank dogzrule
Reviewed 26 September 2006

Stayed one night of our planned two night stay in August. Didn't know we would be sharing room with insects of all sizes and shapes...one had a mustache. Have stayed all over Lake George in the past 20 years, including camp ground in the village, and this is hands down the worst accomodations we've had to endure. Owner was nice enough although charged us for the 2 nights stay. Policy is you pre-pay for 2nd night of stay, not the first, which tells me others have fled the scene early as well so they need this odd policy. Pass on this place, you can do much better in the village or up and down the lake.

16  Thank kevin m