“Great value. Clean room and a clean pool and walking distance to the strip.”
Review of Lake Haven Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
Lake Haven Motel
Ranked #33 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We needed a baby chair and the guy in charge got us a brand new one. We also asked for a soft mattress top and we got a new one. Overall excellent service and very nice people. The pool is also very clean and heated.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Mikeppppp

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Thank you Lake Haven Motel for a very relaxing and very clean place to stay. The staff couldn't have been nicer no matter what time of day or night it was. Also you can't beat the price. We will stay there again next time we are in Lake George. THANKS AGAIN.

2  Thank alimartin
Reviewed 26 July 2012

my stayed at lake haven was a wonderful time the staff was wonderful clean rooms the pool was great the people wee friendly the whole staff were great looking forword to going again i had the star room for a relaxing vacation go and enjoy visted kate ,laurie, jeff and the whole staff the best time

Room Tip: the star room and ajoing room was great
3  Thank luvrodstwrt21
Reviewed 23 July 2012

It was a very relaxing vacation the staff was wonderful also this motel is kept clean all the time we stayed 5 nights and it was wonderful this is going to be a yearly vacation spot for me and my wife . THANK YOU ALL AT THE HAVEN

4  Thank Joseph M
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is going to be a long review that will be honest and a pleasure to write.

First off, I very rarely give "Excellent" ratings because I use the same frame of reference for all establishments regardless of the "price point". However if I was rating only moderatelly priced Lake George motels the Lake Haven would garner an EXCELLENT+++ rating! This is not by mistake or luck. It is only by hard work, excellent management of staff, location and smart usage of resources that it becomes possible.

Rooms: Very Clean with daily maid service and plentiful towels. Newer bathrooms with good water pressure. Sure, it is not luxurious...Rather basic accomodations but sturdy and well maintained. No bad smells or mildue. AC was strong...just a little noisy at times with a trickle sound every so often. I found the pillows slightly too "puffy"...I am used to having my head sink into it and staying there.

Pool & grounds: Decent sized and well maintained concrete pool. "Noodles" supplied by motel. Warm and clean. Pool area could have used another table/umbrella or maybe just larger ones. I spent more time in the pool than normal because it was warm & inviting and the right size for the # of guests. Well watered & healthy hanging flower pots were everywhere. Somebody cared for them and it showed. Very good propane grill with sideburner allowed me to eat like a King. (I do not like to eat alone in restaurants). Parking, though clearly marked, was a little tight on Sat night. Overall a welcoming friendly feeling upon arrival that does not diminish during your stay.

Staff: By far...the best part of staying at the Lake Haven Motel!!! The front desk girls (Kate and Laurie) and my chambermaid (Gabriella...aka "Gabby") made this my favorite stay @ Lake George ever. No pretentious banter, just honest (almost self deprecating!!!) advice and help. I fed Laurie twice (Shrimp skewers and clams over rice and corn on the cob). She was kind and "kept it down". Kate was funny and "quirky"....but in a good way! I was happy to see her everyday. She also fixed the grill after I got frustrated and tried to start it for 15 minutes...she turned on the gas. I felt very at home here without being "over-helped" and smiled to death. Note to ownwer...You did a good job hiring them. I expect to see them when I return!!! Also to Gabriella-----Yaquiem!!!!!!!! (Thank You...in Slovakian)

Tips: Tony and Jacobs Meat market in Warrensburg has excellent steaks at a fair price. Three years I have used them (Porterhouse @ approx $10/lb) and have enjoyed steakhouse quality meat all while being served with a smile. The gentleman told me..."You are gonna' love this steak". He was not kidding. Lake George Bakery Company (43 Amhearst St) has fantastic Italian bread and rolls. "Brooklyn" good even. I am told the Italian pastries are great, but did not try them. The Cinnamon bread looked amazing and smelled great...next time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank cdefranco
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I cannot give enough positives about Lake Haven Motel...the room I stayed in was pristine...you can tell the owners take pride in their property; Inground pool was clear and clean and surrounded by gorgeous hanging baskets. Beds and pillows comfy; could not find a piece of lint anywhere. Will definitely be back and recommend this "Haven" to everyone when you are looking for motel in Lake George look no further!

Room Tip: Room #30 is the where I stayed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank marTroy_NewYork
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed here 3 nights because we were unable to cancel due to their "refund policy".

The hotel is a bit old but it was clean. We stayed on the second floor. The stairs are horrible so if you have any difficulty with stairs, do NOT stay on the second floor. My back would shoot up pain everytime I had to go up the stairs, They are real steep and a bit wobbly.

We do not smoke and requested a nonsmoking room, however the room next to us did smoke. They would sit out front of our door and smoke.

Beds are SUPER hard. And pillows were lumpy. The shower was AWFUL. You would get random hits of COLD and random hits of SUPER HOT.

The pool was the perfect temperature and was clean for the most part.

We were rushed out of our room by the cleaning lady the last day we were there. She came to the door at 9:30am. I told her we would be checking out at 11am and to come back then. She stated to me that we needed to hurry as they have room rented for next customers. I wasn't sure what the rush was as we were not able to check in until 4PM but she wanted us gone at 9:30 (although checkout was 11AM)
She actually put the vacuum at our front door and paced back and forth in front of the window until we left. (We were getting ready for a wedding)
All in all, it was a clean hotel, front desk was super nice. Ok for one night stay but I would not stay here for longer than that.
BEWARE: If you have to cancel reservations, they will not issue you a refund UNLESS they re-rent your room. We wanted to cancel but was told that we could not get a refund UNLESS the room was re-rented. We ended up going due to this because the room would not have been re-rented as they had TONS of rooms available.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family