“Definetly recommended”

Comfort Suites Lake George
Ranked #13 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I have just returned from my stay at the Comfort Suites and am already planning to return again. The staff was more than friendly, rooms spotless and hotel accomidations (pool, hot breakfast, price,services) were all excellent. I will definetly recommend this place to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank wolfetra
COMFORTSUITES284, Manager at Comfort Suites Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thankyou for your comments about the Comfort Suites Lake George, I'm glad you had a great stay! We look forward to having you with us again.
Sincerely

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

This was easily one of the best choice hotels I've stayed in....and I've stayed in many. Nice, clean facility. Nice pool. Nice rooms with comfy beds. Friendly staff and better than average breakfast with very attentive ladies stocking everything as it ran out. An absolute pleasure. If I were back in the area, I'd absolutely return.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank djjr
COMFORTSUITES284, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

So glad to hear you had a great stay. Hope to have you back with us in 2014.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Love staying at Comfort Suites Lake George. Been going there for almost 10 years now, and always so happy to be there. George and Mike Stark, and the crew, are amazing. Will continue to do business with them for the years to come. Hotel is super clean, pool is amazing. Very comfortable rooms. Close to outlets, malls, and my favorite Olive Garden. Thanks guys for this amazing hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Emmanuel F
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The hotel is very clean and rooms are spacious. You could not hear the neighbor next door, which is real nice. The morning free breakfast was good, but like the Hampton breakfast the selections are starting to get limited.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter B
COMFORTSUITES284, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Peter,
Glad to hear you had a nice stay at the Comfort Suites. We appreciate the good word.
Hopefully we will see you again when skiing at Gore!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This was the worst stay I have ever had! The owner/manager, George Stark saw me walking my dog on the perimeter of the property and immediately drove up to me and said "Pack your bags and leave!" I was totally shocked and could not understand his aggressive behavior. He said that this hotel was "not pet friendly" and that I was breaking the rules by having my lab there. I told him I had NO idea that he could not be walked anywhere on the property -- of course, I knew animals were not welcome in the hotel and that is why he slept in his dog bed in my subaru. I had promised my son a trip to swim on the way to Grandma's. Mr. Stark called me a liar and said I was sneaking around with my dog to break the rules. He told me to pack up and leave immediately. It was 8 pm and it was snowing and icing (day before Thanksgiving). I told him I booked the reservation online and was not made aware that "NO DOGS WERE EVEN ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY". He called me a liar again and again told me I had to leave. I just couldn't believe it. I explained to him that I am a 1st grade teacher and my husband is a soldier serving in Afghanistan right now - we are rule followers…I simply was unaware of this rule. I then explained to him that I had a 9 year old disabled son in the hotel room who was asleep with my mom and that I couldn't move him. He said he didn't care and that he had kids of his own but, none of that mattered. I told him that I was NOT going to wake up my little boy and move him in a snow storm to an unknown hotel. I went straight to my room and got my computer and printed out my confirmation email and the webpage I reserved through and neither said anything about pets! I had no idea! In fact, I had fed my lab in front of the hotel and my mom had already taken him for a walk around the perimeter once. We were hardly sneaking around! It was a horrible experience. I was called a liar and would have been kicked out if I had not stood my ground for my sleeping son with Down Syndrome. I am appalled and will never stay in a choice hotel again if this is not dealt with in some manner that shows me this manager was completely out of bounds with me. I read the bad reviews that night (on choice hotels.com) and they mentioned over and over how George Stark and his twin brother, Michael Stark, are overly aggressive and completely out of line with customers. I would never have believed these reviews had I not experienced this myself! Some of those reviews are several years old so, since it is still happening I am led to believe that the upper management at choice hotels do not care how their hotel name is being represented. Please contact me to show me differently.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
37  Thank Lstpierre2012
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I am a Platinum Member for Choice Hotels, staying over 40 nights a year . This hotel is the nicest Comfort Suites property I stayed in.

I would recommend this for business in the offseason or summer vacation

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
COMFORTSUITES284, General Manager at Comfort Suites Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Jim,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Suites of Lake George. I appreciate the good word. We look forward to having you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I stayed in a very spacious King suite. The room was super clean, extremely quiet and the the bed was so comfortable, I didn't want to get out of it! In the morning I made myself a fresh hot cinnamon waffle with bacon. I especially enjoyed the beautifully decorated lobby, especially in the evening with it all lit up. It was an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: upper floor for quiet