“Third Time Even Better” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Hudson, New York
“Third Time Even Better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed at Park Lane 7/7 & 7/8/13. Some of their rooms have been upgraded and are wonderful. Beautiful bedding and the most comfortable mattress. They now have much bigger refrigerators which are wonderful. I have to eat gluten free and there is plenty of room for the GF food/snacks that I bring. Also a great sized freezer. The owners/workers are the most friendly and helpful. The motel is right on the lake and the pool is WARM, yeah!! Great friendly guests. It is very important to me that I feel safe at a motel, and I do at Park Lane. Will continue coming back . I traveled with a friend and we are already planning the next trip!

Room Tip: Most rooms are great and you can see the lake.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Brick, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

This was our second time staying at the Park Lane Motel in Lake George. Decided to go to Lake George as a last minute getaway and my first call was to the Park Lane.
The Park Lane is an older motel as pretty much all of the motels on Canada St are, but the owners are always doing work to improve and maintain the property, which after staying at another motel close by a few years back made me realize that isn't the case with all of the properties nearby.
The motel is clean and comfortable, but the real star of the show is the lake. There is a small beach with chairs to enjoy laying out, free kayaks, an elevated patio with high top tables to enjoy the view while grilling your food on the grills provided by the motel. I love having the option to grill our own food in a beautiful setting and just relax as the boats go by.
The location of Park Lane is ideal and allows us to leave the car parked and just walk to everything.
If you are expecting a Hilton, then this isn't your place, but if you are looking for good value and a great time, then I recommend trying the Park Lane Motel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan H
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

We just returned from a three night stay here. After pricing several differen places we decided to stay here. When we checked in we were pleasantly surprised with how clean and spacious the room was. We were in the lake view building which gave us a gorgeous view of the lake from our window or just outside the door. The pool was clean and there are several barbecues there that you may use. The patio overlooking the beach provided us a place to just sit and enjoy the lake. Since this hotel is in the heart if the village, everything you need is in walking distance. It's safe I say the owner cares very much for his property and is doing a great job keeping it up. We will definitely return soon!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
albany ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

room was very clean and comfortable with refrigerater in room. lots of clean towels with nice soap and shampoo. waterfront is beautiful and we enjoy wathing the boats. pool is very clea. the best part is the wonderful staff and Dave the owner. we walk to restaurants shops the the park. we hope to return severel times this summer and fall.

Room Tip: a room across from the pool if possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank maryfemia
Augusta ME
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

This is a very good motel, but for Lake George it is excellent. I have not been overly impressed with the lodging choices in Lake George but the Park Lane was clean, comfortable, and walking distance to the whole village. It is obvious the owner really takes pride in his property and the staff is very nice as well. Everyone from the receptionist to the room attendants were friendly and always asked if there was anything I wanted. Like most of the motels in this area it is old but very well maintained and spotless. The room was small but that was the way they were built. However it looked like it had been recently painted and was very comfortable. There were tables and chairs on the balcony so I could visit with my neighbors which is something that has been lost in the newer hotels. The price was reasonable for Americade motorcycle rally week so this may be my go to place for lodging whenever I visit Lake George.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms have a good view of the lake.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Yankee_Biker
bristol ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

Just want you to know my family and I spend a good part of our summer in Lake George and we stay at Park Lane Motel. We start Memorial Day and go thru Labor Day. Let me tell you I have seen many events and everything was great. Our stay at Park Lane was great as usual. The rooms were very clean the staff were very friendly and if you needed something, they got it. Which is really nice the owners live on the property. We go about 10 times in the summer and for the car show and the motor cycle show Dave and Erin have a barbecue for the entire motel. Its really a great place to stay. We love it and I think you would too. its family business.

-The Latko Family

Room Tip: any room you stay is fine
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank carol L
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2012

My Family and I had a delightful stay at the Park Lane Motel during the last week of August.
I had not been to Lake George for about thirty years and it was the first trip there for my wife and three children. When a few days for a midweek vacation opened up, we eagerly jumped at the chance to go to the Park Lane on the recommendation of friends.

We arrived late on a Tuesday night and were greeted by the cheerful owner who proceeded to answer all of our questions and offer helpful suggestions from check in through the time we left. We were happy to turn in and found our room could easily handle a Pack-n-Play for an eight month old and two children. We slept soundly in new beds and a clean comfortable room and were very pleased with how quiet the motel was at night.

We were pleased to find that there were many young families with children staying at the Park Lane while we were there. It seemed like most were repeat guests which helped to give the pool area a relaxed and neighborly feel. We all enjoyed the pool which was clean and warmer than I ever expected and the surrounding area was inviting and well kept. Our kids enjoyed the complimentary snow cones and popcorn, ok I guess we enjoyed them too, who can resist a snow cone on a hot afternoon? There were plenty of other kids around in the same age range and ours quickly had new friends with whom they could enjoy the pool, playground and beach area. We also took advantage of the grills that are available for guests at the pool and deck over the lake. We enjoyed cooking and eating outside and had a fun leisurely evening.

The area had a lot to offer. We were fortunate to take a tour of the lake by powerboat and were able to swim in a secluded cove and hike to a hidden waterfall. The kids enjoyed a day at the Great Escape in both the traditional ride section and water park areas. I was also pleased to find great running (biking) trails close to downtown that went for many miles through cool, shaded woods. We did not have time to take a trip in the kayaks (also complimentary), but that would be something I would look forward to on the next visit.

Overall I would say this trip was the highlight of our summer. We found the Park Lane to be a great value and were impressed with the friendly staff and relaxed atmosphere. I would recommend the Park Lane to anyone interested in staying in the Lake George area, especially with a family. We hope to enjoy another trip there next summer.

Room Tip: We stayed poolside which was great for our children. The lake view rooms also looked very nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family