“Older establishment”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
Gentleman Johnny's Motel
Ranked #64 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Gentleman Johnny's is an older motel on Route 9N (off the main stretch). The rooms are relatively clean, the photographs on their webpage are accurate, and the staff members were accommodating and friendly. They have a very nice outdoor pool and the motel is on a hill with excellent views of the lake. The furnishings are a little older than at some other places and the room decor is plain. But, if you need a safe and affordable place to sleep, Gentleman Johnny's may be for you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jibjub M
There are newer reviews for Gentleman Johnny's Motel

Reviewed 15 July 2012

We spent 3 nights during Americade, very reasonable price and excellent service. We certainly will go there again next year!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This place is very old.
But very well priced for that region.
The owners try to please us very hard.

Nice location and good place to stay on a budget for a family trip

Room Tip: The two bedroom apartment is very good
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We actually stayed at Gentleman Johnny's in Aug 2010. We were a group of about 20 with a lot of kids. We had stayed in a place in 2009 that said they were kid friendly and when we arrived they were anything but. They wanted us in bed and the property quiet by 10pm. I called Gentleman Johnnys and spoke to Nancy. In addition to finding a wonderful property, I found a kind considerate woman. This is not a 5 stay property but if you are looking for a safe, comfortable and affordable place to stay, this is it. The cottages have an air condition in the window so they will make noise but not so loud that you are kept up at night. Staff is accommodating and the grounds are clean and safe. Not crazy about the playground area for the kids, that needs a lot of work BUT we had so much to do on vacation the kids spent very little time in that area. The pool is well kept. So again, if you are looking to live in the lap of luxury this is not for you - if you are looking for an affordable vacation - this is it! hope to be back next year!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank jts413
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We have been staying at Gentleman Johnny's Motel the last 4 years going to Lake George.As usual we had a great time once again. It's not as noisy as the village and we love the scenic views.The service here is friendly and they do their best to accommodate any reasonable request. The grounds are family friendly and our boys always have a blast in the pool which is well maintained. Our room is always clean and comfortable and the bathroom is well stocked with everything we needed .They made some improvements to the room. The new carpeting and furniture really looked great . It is always great to have coffee and bagels waiting for us in the breakfast room in the mornings; it's great not ot have to rush out for breakfast specialy with kids.
For the price we pay , it's hard to beat the incredible value Gentleman Johnny's gives.
I would reccommend this motel to anyone who is looking for fun and relaxation. Can't wait to go back to Lake George.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank beachdog97
Reviewed 19 August 2009

We wanted to get away for a few days without dropping a load of money. There was no way I was going to spend hundreds of dollars on a crappy hotel room just because it is in Lake George. After doing some investigating on Tripadvisor, I called Gentleman Johnny's to see if they had availability for that weekend. They did, the price was right, and the lady seemed very nice on the phone so I went ahead and booked it.
When we arrived and checked in, we were satisfied with the accommodations for the price that we were paying. We weren't expecting much for $70 per night and were really just looking for a clean, comfortable place to sleep at night. That's almost what we got. We happened to be staying in the area during their one heatwave of the year. The air conditioner in the room was so old and loud that each time the compressor kicked on, the lights dimmed tremendously and when we tried to sleep, it woke us all up every ten minutes. After two nights of getting absolutely no sleep, we were too exhausted to stay any longer so we left without extending our stay even though we had been prepared to stay an additional couple of days.
The room had a tv, but most of the channels came in fuzzy and it was very hard to hear over the a/c. They advertise wifi, but it is only available at the office area which is not very convenient
The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. There were no towels in the room so I had to go and ask for them. I was handed two towels (for three people), no hand towels, no bathmat, and no washcloths. We had to dry off in the tiny shower so we wouldn't get the floor soaking wet. From the condition of the floor, others haven't been as considerate. Really, not providing a bathmat is a false economy as it must cost much more to replace the floor so often. Also, no soap. This was more of an inconvenience than anything else as I would have brought my own if I had known. Instead, I had to go to the store just to buy soap for us to wash our hands.
The rooms were not very secure. The doors had a deadbolt, but it could only be used from the inside as no key was provided. The key for the room was for the door knob button type lock on the door. The area seemed pretty safe and they were definitely keeping an eye on the place so I felt okay leaving our valuables in the room, really.
The pool was old but maintained pretty well, as was the rest of the property. It was pretty quiet when we were there, and if the a/c was newer and quieter, they provided just a couple of amenities like bathmats and soap and we didn't feel like we had to beg for towels, we would probably stay there again.
Next time, I'll pay more for a little extra comfort. Our vacation was definitely marred by our lack of a good night's sleep due to the extremely loud a/c.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2009

I have visited Lake George for over 20yrs and stayed at Hill of Happiness for 18yrs until the owners retired. I stayed at Gentleman Johnnys under the old management and found it pleasant and when the new owners took over and started renovating the rooms, I new my stay would leave a lasting empression. Nancy and her staff are friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and being a bit OCD with cleanliness, the bathroom was notably clean. The motel is surrounded by trees/woods, so it goes without saying that you will find some, not many, spiders, ants and those little critters, chipmunks. However in the two years that I have stayed at GJ I have never had spiders or ants in my room, but have seen the little outside critters. So it you have a phobia about spiders, ants and critters....then GJ is not for you. You will miss a wonderful experience. GJ is 1 mile from the Village and if you don't want to walk, then take the trolley, it passes by GJ. The kids would love that. Nancy see you in July 2009, my reservations are already made.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends