“Priced right.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake George
Gentleman Johnny's Motel
Ranked #64 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Norton, Massachusetts
“Priced right.”
Reviewed 26 July 2008

We just returned home from our trip to Lake George, NY. I wanted to write the review while the info is fresh. We booked Gentleman Johnnys Motel due to the trip advisor recommendations and the price. For 75 dollars a night, you really cant go wrong. This was our first trip to the area so we had nothing to gage our decision with. We stayed in room 17, which is in a building with 1 other room next door. There are maybe 4 buildings with only 2 units in each, then there is a longer building more like a motel. I believe in those units there are 2 double beds. In ours....we had 1 queen...which we requested. We were glad to be in our little building. Much less activity going in and out. The continental breakfast was bagels, toast, cream cheese and coffee. Fine with us.(remember...the price was 75 dollars.)
The people behind the desk were helpful and the room was simple, but clean. I looked hard to find something bad about the bathroom and there was nothing. Very clean and thats what I needed to see. There is a trolley stop at the end of the
driveway. Trust me...take the trolley. We attempted to park in the down town area and recieved a 75 dollar ticket for apparently parking in a handicapped spot(unmarked.) Lake George apparantely hires walk a cops to write as many tickets as they can and believe me they do. After seeing all the hotels in the actual downtown area, I was glad to be staying slighly off the beaten path as it looked like way too much going on there.
I would not say you could walk downtown from this location.
It might be 1 mile...but not a really good walk. Take the trolley.
The only thing that we might have liked is if the hotel was on the lake side. This is on the other side of the road. Other than that, for the money, we were happy to have this little place to come back to. The pool, which I never usually go into but did, was clean.

• Liked — The price.
  • Disliked — Wished it was on the lake side.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank kellydnorton

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
ithaca, ny
Reviewed 6 June 2008

Excellent motel. Low price, clean and a short walk to downtown. My friend and I enjoyed our stay at this family-owned motel. The rooms were clean and the staff very helpful. I'd stay at Gentleman Johnny's again anytime.

• Liked — Clean rooms and helpful staff. wireless internet in the room.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
sprinfield, ma
Reviewed 3 October 2007

I recently attended the Adirondack Balloon Festival and chose this location specifically for its low price; although it was 13 miles from the Festival. I was traveling alone and just needed 'a place to sleep'. I was very pleasently surprised to find the accomodations were in excellent condition. I found the motel to be older but very well maintained. It is certainly on a par or better than say, a red roof inn or a motel 6; basic but pleasant and more reasonably priced. I have spent over 30 years as a "road warrior" and have stayed in all sorts of places at all sorts of prices from the east coast to the west coast. Gentleman Johnny's is a rare find. A decent room at a good price with very pleasent owners.
I attend the Balloon Festival annually and now plan to stay here annually.

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank ghall57
southwest
Reviewed 21 September 2007

We were excited to see this hotel was #2 in the the reviews @ tripadvisor and felt comfortable booking it. First of all, it is not just a short walk to the village,. In our case impossible with little ones. Our room was full of spider webs, (and spiders!) missing tv remote controls, bathrooms were dirty (human hair on the walls, etc) and we were told by a lady in another room there was a sign in her bathroom "not to flush toilet paper". (yuck!) ... breakfast was coffee and creamer - NO milk, NO orange juice, just toast and bagels/cream cheese and jellies. I know this hotel is VERY affordable, but next time we will pay more.

• Liked — it was quiet!
  • Disliked — old hotel, needs update
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank mangggia

Travellers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 28 August 2007

My wife and I stayed at Gentleman Johnny's for two nights, and had an excellent experience, particularly for the reasonable price. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool area was clean as well, and was just the right size for the amount of people staying in the motel. The breakfast (bagels, cream cheese, coffee) was simple but excellent, and the staff was very kind and friendly. The location is also excellent -- you can take the trolley or a very inexpensive cab ride right into Lake George Village. We'll definitely stay at Gentleman Johnny's again.

• Liked — value, clean, location
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BrooklynB
New York
Reviewed 9 August 2007

We had arrived at Gentleman Johnny's for a 3 night stay and rented 2 rooms, one with a kitchen. I did not have such high hopes before arriving since the price was so low, BUT we were unexpectedly very impressed with the cleanliness of both rooms! We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We were able to bbq, the grill was right outside our door. The staff extremely accomodating, courteous and helpful!

Looking forward to going back again before the season is over. Thank you!

• Liked — extremely clean, and friendly staff
  • Disliked — no dislikes
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank NYlegalsecretary
New York City
Reviewed 16 July 2007

I was looking to spend a nice and relaxing weekend at Lake George with friends and family, and Gentleman Johnny's was the perfect place to stay. It's location is great if your looking for a little peace and quiet, but still want to be close to shops and restaurants. The motel is only a few hundred feet away from the lake and a little over a mile from the busy area of town.

What initally attracted me to Gentleman Johnny's was the price. During the peak season, we were able to book 4 rooms for 2 nights at $70 a night. What more can you ask for? We arrived late at night and were still able to check-in in minutes. The rooms were a little small, but very clean. All of our rooms had 2 double beds. In the morning, we enjoyed a complimentary breakfast. The hospitality was unbeatable.

I would definitely stay at Gentleman Johnny's again, and I highly recommend it.

• Liked — Hospitality
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family