“Not Good”
Review of Boulders Resort

Boulders Resort
Ranked #49 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in the cabins across the street from the lake. They weren't good. The cabins themselves were run down and looked like they haven't been kept-up w/. Our cabin STUNK of mildew. The bathroom was clean, but the knobs on the sink were broken. The tennis/basketball court was not maintained at all. You couldn't even play on it. We left a day early b/c we just wanted to get home. The only reason I'm giving this review even a 2 is b/c of the proximity to the lake and center of town.

Room Tip: Don't stay in cabin 41.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank travelgirl610

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My husband, two children and I have been lucky enough to vacation at the BOULDERS RESORT every July for the past 10 years. The staff is friendly and warm and treats you like family. The lakeside accommodations are excellent. There's something for everyone. For example, kayaks, paddle boats, canoes and so much more. The pool and hot tub are great. The rooms are cozy and feel like home. You can relax with a bonfire by the lake at night. If you want to make family memories that will last a lifetime, visit Lake George and definitely stay at the BOULDERS RESORT!! It's the greatest place!!

Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Jmboos
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We recently were recommended this place by a relative who has stayed here every July for about 10 years...Totally worth the money if you have a group going up to split the cost. We stayed here 3 times(a week long each time) just this year! Great location, staff is amazing, very family friendly resort. Hot tub is awesome, and pool is heated. We stayed in both the private houses and the regular lodge rooms(which sleeps 10). The set ups of each place has a very homey feel, which is really good if you get a yucky rainy day. Sitting outside by the water at night is so peaceful!! Already booked our trips for next year.

May Stay-quiet and peaceful, only people there the whole time! Great fishing time!

Beware: Summer is extremely packed here, tons of kids running around!

September stay- Very quiet and peaceful, only people there! Seasons changing made it a little chilly!

Room Tip: amazing foam beds in every room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Christine U
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Our first time staying at this resort and we loved everything about it. From all the activities,great location,friendly staff,clean rooms etc. Me and my husband took our 2 married kids and their spouses plus my 2 grandsons and we had a blast. Already planning next years stay at the Boulders resort, And i will definely recommended this resort to all our friends and family.

1  Thank Nancy W
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed there for 4 days & 3 nights last week of August 2013, in their motel rooms across the street. The motel rooms are uphill (not recommended for elderly people) and if you want peace, quiet & privacy, then stay here. They have an outdoor swimming pool but had a lot of bugs floating on it. Our 2 double bed room is just good for sleeping & the bathroom was small. There were flying bugs inside the bedroom. There are some appliances like, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker & a purple colored picture boxed television. Their website is not updated & does not specify everything that you need.

Room Tip: If you want to be closer to the lake & water activities then stay in their lodges & townhous...
4  Thank Faith A
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I was in lake George at the beginning if the summer with my family and stayed near by.. We paces this place a few times and loved the location so we went back a few weeks later with couples and rented the town house. If you want a little privacy this is not for you. The town house is very big but dose not have that cabin out outdoor feeling. You have to walk by all the other family's to get to the stairs to go out to your car. You all shear the same baloney so it's as if you are having dinner with strangers . They never came to give us clean towels or even make our beds,
As for the resort its well kept cute fire pit and lots of water things to do. I was very disappointed with the views from the town house since it was not cheap at all. Not sure if I would ever stay hear again . We like a little privacy and the town houses do not have that. If you get the small little houses your on top of the next family and on the parking lot.. Not the nicest view.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fernanda M
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This was the most horrible Hotel experience I have ever had.
Room #42 should be closed and never get rented.
The room smells moldy. I could not breath inside the room. The AC was a window unit that sounded like an old airplane engine on top of my head. The ceiling was a suspended type ceiling that has water leaks all over. One of bed legs was broken and replaced by a piece of wood to support it, which could move any time and you will be on the floor. I couldn't wait until 5.30 am to get my family out of this unsanitary room. I paid $200 to stay 7 hours in that room. I have no idea how they can call it a resort.

Room Tip: I would not stay at this Hotel even if they pay me.
6  Thank David S
Golden Sands Resort on Lake George
Scotty's Lakeside Resort
Scotty's Lakeside Resort
#9 of 89 in Lake George

Been to Boulders Resort? Share your experiences!