All reviews within walking distance family owned restaurant shared balcony nice view of the lake walking distance to lake george village room was clean would definitely stay here again small refrigerator quiet at night stayed here for nights excellent location two queen beds new owners enjoyed our stay motel pool trolley
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Out of many available choices with comparable prices, we chose this motel because of a key statement in their ad. "5 minute walk to the beach". While it is true that it's 5 minutes walk to the beach, they failed to mention that such "beach" is the private beach of another beachside hotel which is 5 minutes walk from Nordicks. So their key seller went out the window. After that it was one disappointment after another. Tiny room with wet rugs that smelled of mildew. Tiny bathroom with a toilet that clogged with every flush. Lousy Wi-fi , so weak it was completely useless. The pool was ok although small. Staff didn't enforce any rules. Try clearly stated no glass and no alcohol in the pool. And pool closes at 9pm. All 3 nights we stayed there we saw (and heard) some unruly guests being loud in the pool until well past 11pm. One night we even had to leave the pool early (to my child's disappointment) because guys were drinking and being obnoxious. Not one staff member around.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank SantyDlv
Diane P, Owner at Nordick's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

The public beach is 100 yards south on Route 9. You take a left on Lake Ave, walk to the end of the street and there is the beach. There is a sign that says "Public Beach." This man walked across the street to Scotty's Motel, a privately owned beachside resort that says "Scotty's Motel." It does not say "Public Beach."
As far as the rooms being too small this customer could have rented a larger room with 2 queen beds. He chose to rent the smaller, less expensive room-his choice. This guest made a couple of points regarding wet rugs, mildew and a toilet that was always clogged. As far as the wet rugs and mildew are concerned, there were people in that room before he arrived and right after he left. We had no complaints from either of those parties. The same is true for the so called clogged toilet. No Complaints. Maybe the problem was not the toilet.
We have upgraded our WiFi system twice in the last three years and the improvement is very noticeable. Here again, very few if any complaints.
The pool is open from 10am to 10pm. I have no idea where he got 9pm from. We have signs at the pool which say "No Glass." There is no sign that says "No Alcohol." Here again, this customer is either making it up as he goes along or is delusional.
Most people that come are here to enjoy themselves. That means that they are here to laugh, joke around, let loose a little bit and just have a good time in general. This customer complained about unruly people. I guess he considers laughing and having a good time as unruly.
I am in the office at least 5 nights a week until 10pm. I neither saw nor heard any people being unruly. Maybe on his next vacation he should go to a monastery and meditate. That might be more to his liking.
My wife and I have been in the motel and restaurant industry for over 30 years. We have always addressed complaints. This person to my knowledge never came to the office to voice his issues.
With that being said, I can tell you that some of his complaints are lies and the rest I find hard to believe because as I wrote earlier the guests in that room before and after his stay had no complaints or problems.
There is hardly a day that goes by that either my wife or I do not get a compliment about Nordick’s Motel. Most of the compliments are about cleanliness and how helpful the staff is. We also get compliments about the pool and how well kept the property is.
Lastly, this negative review is the result of this guest’s inability to find the public beach. After going to the privately owned beach he never came to the office and asked directions. He just assumed that we were misleading the public to get business. This is totally untrue. The blame does not belong to Nordick’s Motel, it belongs to this guest and he should take responsibility to his actions.

Carmen Porreca
Owner
Nordicks Motel

Reviewed 19 August 2016

Wife and I took a spur of the moment trip to Lake Geo for just one night and fould this room vacant on short notice. Paid $128 for a Thursday King room. Old-ish room. Old TV. Old decorations. Very clean, smelled good, good condition. Located at the very North end of Lake George Village.
For us we were right at the limit as to how far we wanted to walk into town.

For the price I thought it was a good experience and would do it again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2016

i thought the room was great and the view was so pretty, the salt water pool was so relaxing .I would return in a minute .great staff. the motel is just far enough from the bustle of the village .we had a lot of fun relaxing on the porch at night

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Nordick Motel for 2 nights. The room was very clean and the staff very nice. We had breakfast at the restaurant and the food was very good. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Nice location close to the village but not as hectic and nosy. Staff is attentive and friendly. Rooms were clean and fresh coffee was available in the morning. Lake views were available with some rooms. Not a lot of children so it was quiet and relaxing. Just what we were looking for! We definitely will be back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple