“Rude Manager”

Ranked #38 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Montreal
“Rude Manager”
Reviewed 24 August 2007

When I first arrived, the manager was on a personal call on her cell and barely even acknowledged me. When she got around to serving me, she never smiled once, or ask me how my trip was or anykind of small talk. She got right down to business, and was talking in a very arrogant tone. When she realized someone made a mistake with my reservation, she didn't even apologize on behalf of the motel, and kept talking over me, never smiling once. Unfortunately it started off my vacation on a bad foot. The rooms are Ok, try booking the 2 Queen Lake view rooms; all the others aren't that nice. I used to book with the big chains (Ramada, Travelodge, etc) but wanted to give the independants a chance. I think I'll go back to the chains.

• Stayed August 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Nectar_66
bigragu, owner at Nordick's Motel, responded to this review, 11 July 2008
The person described in this review is no longer employed by Nordick's Motel.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
connecticut
Reviewed 17 August 2007

Had a reservation for two nites, the first nite we had ants crawling all over the nitestand. The next morning the manager said"what would you do at your own house if you had ants", I was amazed at her comment and stated i wanted to cancel the next night. I was told by the owner and manager in a very rude way that i would get no refund unless they were able to rent the room.The next night i went back for my refund and was told the room was rented but I would be charged a 25$ cancellation fee. Since i had paid cash up front they kept my money and said" we already have your money, do what you have to do." The entire experience was a nightmare, the manager and owner were rude, arrogant and downrightt insulting. I would encourage anyone thinking of staying here to think twice.

t

4 Thank kallieConnecticut
bigragu, owner at Nordick's Motel, responded to this review, 15 July 2008
5 minutes after the couple left, the owner and a chambermaid went into the room, but could not find any ants. They must have packed up, also, and left with the couple!