“Great Mattresses, Everything Else Was Horrible”

Best Western of Lake George
Ranked #17 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 25 May 2009

This hotel appeared to be somewhat renovated. The rooms were clean, but pretty basic. The mattresses and bedding were really nice and seemed to be new. The continental breakfast was a joke. There wasn't nearly enough food or seating for the guests. We waited in line for at least 30 minutes to get a stale danish and had to take it back to the room to eat because the breakfast area was overflowing with people. The indoor pool and jacuzzi are small, but clean and there were plenty of pool towels. My major complaint with this hotel is the paper thin walls. We could hear everything going on in the rooms on either side of us. There were parties in several rooms on our floor - and they went on pretty much all night. I called the front desk at least 3 times during the night to complain. Each time they said they would take care of it. Each time the noise stopped for about 20 minutes. I decided to speak with them myself and when I opened my door to walk down the hall at 4am, I was nearly knocked over by a couple of drunk guys racing down the hallway with underwear on their heads. There were at least 20 people in the hallway cheering them on - at 4am in the morning. Again I called the front desk, again the party stopped for 20 minutes. I was so annoyed by morning that I just wanted to get the kids up, get everyone showered, and get out of this hotel. While my 13 year old was in the shower, the water just stopped. No water on our whole floor. The kid had shampoo in her hair which we had to rinse with bottled water. I loaded up the car, and we left. This was the worst hotel stay ever.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank motheroftheyear
franco8, Owner at Best Western of Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2009

Dear Motheroftheyear,

We thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the problems you encountered at our property. We use these comments to help us improve our operations.

Our Best Western contains a competent management team. They strive daily to provide our guests with quality guest rooms, professional service, and a courteous staff.

Lake George is often visited by a young generation on Memorial Weekend. For this reason, it is our normal practice to doubled our security measures. This insures our guests a quiet, comfortable stay. No incidents were reported on that weekend. Any issues of noise or disturbance would have been dealt with swiftly and compensation given back to our guests. When you encounter problems at any hotel, please report them to the front desk immediately.

Sam Luciano
Owner / Manager

We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. We hope the next time you're in the Lake George area you'll give our * another chance. We promise to make your next visit more enjoyable. The Fort William Henry Resorts values your patronage. We look forward to hosting you again.

Sam Luciano
Resorts Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2009

This facility repreesents a great value. The staff is friendly and efficient and the facility is great. The indoor pool along with the buffet breakfast room make this a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2009

I have stayed at the best western weekends for the last 2 years from january through febuary . The prices you can't beat them anywhere else. It's a great clean place to stay. The staff is GREAT!!!!! right down to the maintence and house keeping . Everyone is So FRIENDLY!!! .

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2009

We have jsut returned from a winter weekend snowmobiling in the Lake George, NY area. We have stayed at the Best Western of Lake George numerous times throught the years and are familiar with the surrondings and the available access to the snowmobile trails.

I had booked reservations via the Best Western.com website approx. 2 weeks prior to or travel date. The day before we were to travel I received a call that our accomondations had been switched, do to renovations, to the sister Hotel in a different location and did not have access to the snowmobile trails. Needless to say this infuriated me at the late date of notification.

Making a long story short I was able to speak to the Motel manager at our origianal location. He totally understood my dis-satisfaction with the situation and quickly remedied it for me. Not only did the Manager keep the original motel open for my party he went out of his way and upgraded all the rooms for everybody. My accomondations were the best they had to offer.

The Managers effort not only saved our weekend but helped make it one of the most enjoyable we have ever had at this location.

Thank you S.L.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 January 2009

This motel does not deserve all of the bad comments although I think it may have been updated recently
We paid so little to stay and everything was fine -the breakfast was adequate the room fine for a motel and the staff excellent and extremely friendly -perhaps they like the English -we stayed in 6 different motels while touring around New England and we were happy to stay here for the 2 nights -taking everything into consideration it was good value and I could happily recommend it -our room was clean , the beds comfortable -the internet connection was good and they have a swimming pool which we did not use but it seemed to be OK

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2009

The best thing about this hotel is the breakfast especially the make your own waffles! This hotel offers a variety of suites. Those in the main building offer a separate bedroom and bathroom which is great for a small family. Better yet are those called Ultra suites! My family of 6 fit into ours beautifully. The suite we had had a nice table for dining and game playing. Better yet was the suite around the corner from us that had two separate sitting rooms, full kitchen and dining room and upstairs had yet another place to sit and get away from it all. What an amazing find that was! Sleot 8 more than comfortably.
The cost was better than reasonable. It is only 30 minutes from Gore so it makes a convenient base for skiing. I have been here several times and it just keeps getting better!
I recommend calling the hotel directly as the main number does not seem to understand what is available.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2008

After reading the reviews for this hotel I was petrified to stay here, but I was not in charge of reserving the hotel for our trip. We arrived and checked into a classic hotel room. Nothing was overly fabulous but there was nothing bad either. The staff at the hotel was very friendly and nice, and housekeeping did a good job. The free breakfast was nice, my only complaint is that it ended so early. The hotel was pretty centrally located for the activities we were in Lake George to do. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family