“Nice Rooms but bad customer service”

Best Western of Lake George
Ranked #21 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
New York
“Nice Rooms but bad customer service”
Reviewed 3 April 2007

When I called to make reservation I was quoted one price and paid another. Then when we called front desk for an extra pillow we were told with a sigh that they would have to check the whole hotel, that guests don't usually ask for an extra pillow at 10:30 at night. A half a hour later we called asking where our pillow was and they said I haven't gotten to it. It will be a while. We were upset because we wanted to go to bed then not a hour later. Then when the pillow arrived they didn't even stay long enough for us to give them a tip even though we shouldn't have. Rude and inconsiderate.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the rudeness.
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank lovely12998

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 9 July 2006

I stayed at the hotel for a couple of days for the forth of July.The room was clean.The continental breakfast was fine if you just want to grab coffee, juice,and pastries so you can go off to see Lake George before it gets too crowded.Also,you can sleep a little later knowing that they`re not going to run out of food since the coffee and juice is available 24hrs a day. The game room is tiny and basic. You if must spend your money on games,the village has an arcade. We had no problems with noise at the hotel. The cable was fine,except it had no HBO.The bathroom was small and clean. I had a nice time and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 31 May 2006

This is one of the most expensive hotels that I have booked on hotwire, and it was the worst. We called to let the motel staff know we would be arriving late and wanted a king non-smoking. We were told that a room was set aside for us and it was neither non-smoking and had 2 double beds. When we pushed for non-smoking we were told that they had no other rooms. With this response we had Hotwire intervene and we got a non-smoking room ( albeit a double). I guess they had other rooms. In fact when we arrived we were the only car in the lot. We were put in the room closest to the main hall, and it was quite apparent that all other rooms around us were vacant.
The room was dark, dirty, the floor was so flithy that one did not want to walk barefooted. The shower cold water handle was broken. The halls were cobwebbed, with litter on floor, the indoor pool was extremely small, but had about 25 kids swimming, the water looked brown. The hot tub also had more than capacity, and one couple had a baby with diapers in the hot tub...and we chose no to use that. We wandered out to the outdoor pool, and this was also unkept with debris everywhere and scum on the surface.
The soundproofing was non-existent, a couple arrived very late that night and we could hear every creak in the floor, every bounce of their toddler.
We felt incredibly ripped off.

• Stayed May 2006
10 Thank yayum
new york
Reviewed 30 May 2006

All I have to say is that the walls must be paper thin at this hotel. I constantly heard the floor creaking from people walking upstairs in the room directly above me. Not to mention the people in that room starting making a ruckus at 4 AM, but there is no way you would be able to hear that much noise from a normal room. At night, I heard the man next door from my room SNORING, and in the morning I was awakened by his kid's conversations. Not a place, if you want a good night's sleep or PRIVACY for that matter.The breakfast is a joke. I agree with the other reviews that the hotel does not look as good as it does on the internet. Price-definitely not worth it. However, staff was friendly and they did have free internet access available in my room.

Stayed May 2006
5 Thank oli b
Reviewed 14 April 2006

We had car trouble on our way to Montreal. The Best Western staff helped us get the parts and service we needed on a Sunday. Very professional and courteous.
Thank you. Made our destination on time.

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2006

On a recent trip to New York and Canada we stayed in several motels and were more than happy until we reached the Best Western at Lake George. Disgusting is the only word I can use to describe the room we were given. The smell was horrendous and the cleanliness of the room and communal areas disgraceful. Needless to say we checked straight out (which didn't seem to surprise the gentleman on reception!). Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed February 2006
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Saratoga Springs NY
Reviewed 19 February 2006

I just came back from a 2-night stay at the LG Best Western. The purpose of my visit was a 3-day power-outage in my hometown. Much of LG was out of power as well when we arrived, but the Best Western was not. Desk staff was very helpful with giving us menus/phone numbers of restaurants that were open & delivering to the hotel. That was VERY helpful. They were also keeping informed of updates on the power-outages in the Lake George area, and readily sharing that information when asked. They also were very helpful with local directions. Our room was standard, simple, but very clean. The next night we were moved to a suite and they graciously gave us a discount due to our predicament (power outage, changing rooms). The suite was very nice, also very clean. They cleaned the indoor pool both mornings, and continuously refreshed the supply of "pool towels" throughout the day. The free continental breakfast had a nice assortment of muffins, danish, and donuts, and some fruit. The complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa, and juice was available ALL DAY, which was VERY much appreciated. The hotel was full to capacity while we were there, including many families with children, a boy scout troop, and a few guests with quad-runners parked outside. So there was a little noise but not unbearable. The staff was friendly, helpful, and competent. The check-in/out went seamlessly. All in all a very nice, clean, friendly, affordable place. My family and I were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed February 2006