“Nice price for the large, comfy 1 bedroom efficiency”

The Lake George Inn
Ranked #36 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Dumont, New Jersey
“Nice price for the large, comfy 1 bedroom efficiency”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My family of four stayed in the 1 bedroom efficiency which made for a very roomy experience that we enjoyed and at a good price. With a couple, a teenage son, and a young daughter, the arms and leg room is appreciated. It appears to be two single rooms combined & with just one entrance. It has two bathrooms which were very appreciated. And there were two TVs. The place is old, as many places in Lake George are, but clean. The heated pool is very nice. The village is in walking distance, and we were able to walk from the Inn to the dinner cruise, at the oppostie end of the town proper, in about 20 minutes. Owners and their dog very friendly. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: My review is based on the 1 bedroom efficiency only.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 August 2012

First the good! The location is great, right at the beginning of the village. The price is pretty good for the location. We did not use the pool but it looked nice and also appeared clean. The room was clean, beds comfy! Owner helpful and friendly. Pet friendly (for a fee). Check-in was a breeze. Walking distance to a small, nice beach.
Unfortunately, there were a few things we did not like. Pet friendly but the entire property is paved/tar (parking lot) with busy roads in the front and back of motel, you need to hike a bit for potty breaks! If you stay on the 1st floor you hear every step that is taken above you! Free coffee in the morning but the office does not open until 8:00 am, I am awake and ready for coffee long before that! Our room did not have a small table and chairs as shown on-line, we had a desk with 1 chair so take-out for meals would have been awkward.
Would we go back? Probably yes, but not with the dog and I would request 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Request a 2nd floor room
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol E
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 18 August 2012

What a nice surprise! We stayed for just one night, but found this to be a pleasant stay from arrival to departure. Friendly and helpful staff/owners. The room was clean and nicely done. Great to be within walking distance of Lake George Village. This will be my new place to stay in Lake George. This establishment is pet friendly, which is a plus for those of us who travel with our pets.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Reppoc0727
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed. What a dump. First night bed sheets were pulled over bed. No new soap, shampoo, cups or towels were left. We had to ask the front desk for them. A room meant for four people had one chair and again had to ask for another one. We stayed 3 nights and every day nothing new was left. Are we all suppose to use one little bar of soap? It was very noisy. Could hear everything above and beside us. If I had known on the weekendthe price went up $25, I would of never stayed here. I will never stay in this dump again.

Room Tip: Try to get top level.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
LakeGeorgeInn, Owner at The Lake George Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
To start off, there is only one chair and a desk in most rooms at our hotel. There are also 2 chairs and a small table outside each door. I was happy to give her a 4th chair as I do have a few extra for guests when they request it. This guest was on the first level and there are rooms above. When I travel I understand that there might be some noise above and beside my room because it is a hotel. As the owner I live on the property and if there are any issues with noise I respond 24/7 and take care of any problems that might arise. Not once did this guest mention the noise while she was on the property, if she did I would have been happy to talk to the room that was disturbing her. As for the soaps and towels. Each morning our maids will do rooms as stayovers. If the customer has a "do not disturb" on their door or if they are in the room they will not go in. Both mornings when my staff were going in to clean the rooms this one room had "Do not disturb" on their door and the girls skipped their room. When the guest came in the office for towels and soaps she was upset that her room wasn't made up and I told her that if they are in the room or if they have the "do not disturb" sign on they wont get service. My staff keep a record of what rooms got service, which ones did not want service and rooms they couldn't get into because guests were in the rooms. Both mornings on my staff's list were a "do not disturb." This guest booked online and knew the price was different for the weekend, the rates are not hidden and she was aware of the total cost of the room.
Swanzey, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I'm not sure why I've never written a review, but our family has been staying with Dan and Diane for years. We typically stay for 8 to 10 nights throughout the season and have never been dissatisfied. The rooms are always clean and the staff is friendly. The rooms fit a family budget nicely - we often travel with our 4 teens. I find the most important reason to stay here though is that the owners live on site and the Inn is a home that they share with all of their guests. In previous years we have stayed at several other motels on the strip and The Lake George Inn surpasses them all. If you've never stayed here before - try it. You will certainly stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank The_Gougers
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Looking to stay within our budget and remain within walking distance of most restaurants/shops in Lake George, we found the Lake George Inn. Basic but clean rooms. Free WI-FI, free morning coffee, functional TV and AC, and an outdoor heated pool which is cleaned every morning... can't really ask for more! Chairs and a small table are also set out on the porch for each of the guests just outside of their rooms, which we made use of as we sipped our AM coffee while the temperatures quickly climbed to the 90 mark by the time we were done. We also headed out and bought some Klondike bars at Price Chopper, but when we got back to the hotel, unfortunately the freezer section of our fridge wasn't working. Gratiously, Dan the owner apologized and offered to store my Klondike bars in his personal fridge (they live on the upper level). This was a nice gesture and was very much appreciated. Dan also gave us some really good tips for restaurants in the area. The only downside is that the hotel rooms are right across from the main road, and although it didn't bother me too much, I can see how traffic noise can be somewhat of an issue for light sleepers, as motocycles tend to pass through quite often. All in all a nice stay in Lake George, and a very good experience at the Lake George Inn. Thank you Dan for the restaurant tips, and for safeguarding our Klondikes! Hope to see you again on our next trip down to LG!

Room Tip: ROOM 8 is a nice room on the 1st floor, with good access to the WI_FI hot spot, and right next to th...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lupo1985
Lake Ronkonkoma, New York
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We stay here at least once a year, and would never stay anywhere else! The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and prices are very reasonable. Dan & Diane are the friendliest, nicest, most welcoming owners in Lake George!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple