“Very Basic but Clean”

Ranked #41 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Danbury, Connecticut
“Very Basic but Clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The desk staff was very friendly along with their dog Ellie. King size bed (very comfy), small fridge, hair dryer included along with shampoo and two small bars of soap, no conditioner and no coffee maker in the room. They had free coffee in the office in the morning but they opened at 8 a.m. - two hours after I wake up so my husband went to get me coffee. The room was very basic, older furniture but very clean and the rate was one of the lowest in town. So as far as rooms go, it was on par with most of the other motels we have stayed in. We took the trolley from right on the street and we also walked to the village - not too bad of a walk.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank k b

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kingston, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Wifi, while free is dreadful, with occasional intermittent service. Lots of energetic children and well behaved dogs on leashes. Strongly recommend a room upstairs - otherwise the sounds of children jumping will des turn your sleep. Clean, safe and handy for walk to the beach.

Stayed July 2014

Travellers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Melrose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got married a few days ago and decided to plan a "mini-moon" and get away for a few days. We stayed at the Lake George Inn for 4 nights and had a fantastic time! The location worked well for us...within walking distance to everything! The room was super clean and very nice to stay in and the owners are very friendly and go above and beyond to accommodate their guests! We are planning to make this a summer tradition and will be coming back to the Lake George Inn when we return!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank KrysCam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

This Inn is close to Lake George, within walking distance to all the cute shops. The Inn is in a corner that is between two intersections. Not the best location but duable. The Inn is clean and staff is very nice and helpful. Beds are hard, but if you can deal with that not a bad place to stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This a very nice motel. Room was clean and well appointed.
Staff very freindly.
My only con, if you will, is that the location is a bit awkward.
there isn't a lot of "grassy potty area" which only really matters if you have a fuss pot like my boy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank shrloc_pa
Burlington, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stay at this place about twice a year. Always during Americade and then usually once towards the end of summer for a final motorcycle road trip. I have always been very happy with the service and room.

The rooms are not anything special, but they are comfortable and clean. The cleaning ladies come around every morning and take care of the room. The owners of the place make the Lake George Inn what it is. They are friendly and make sure each guest gets what they need. The owners make sure to have morning coffee, make sure we've had enough blankets.

For motorcycle riders they offer plates to put under the kickstand and during Americade week they leave out rags for the riders to clean their bikes. I have never had an issue here. The owners try to make you feel comfy.

The pool is nice too when it is wicked hot! The location of the hotel is great. We can walk to all the main places in town. We liked that we could have dinner and drinks and not worry about driving anywhere because of the location.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1...It has a living room with a kitchen table, pull out couch, television and bath...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mary P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

When I went on vacation last year with my mom, we stayed at Lake George Inn. It was nothing short of spectacular. it was very clean, they kept up with it too. The prices were below what my mom and I expected, and well worth it. the pool is heated and kept crystal clear clean. The staff and owners were very friendly. The free coffee and Wi-Fi are also a nice bonus. It is quiet, and with plenty of parking, but I am sure that these guys get lots of business through out the summer. I truly was impressed and very much enjoyed my stay. My mom and I are planning on staying at the Lake George Inn again during our vacation this coming August.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family