“Had a great night!”

Ranked #23 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Oneonta, New York
“Had a great night!”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I only spent a night here on a quick get away a few weeks ago, but I found The Georgian to be friendly, clean and comfortable. My only complaint was the wifi was horrendous and there needs to be a few more outlets for those of us geeks who travel with laptops for work or school, but I managed to work around that. I loved that it was within walking distance of everything. It was so nice to just walk out and take a walk around the lake front park and really all the way to the super nice cruise boats of the Lake George Steamboat Co and Shoreline Cruises. Also found some nice shops and food on the main drag all within walking distance. It's also a short drive to access the road up Prospect if you're not into hiking up there.
I loved the updated tv and the tucked away fridge was also helpful. I would really stay here again on my next trip. Hoping to make it to Lake George again sometime in the spring. Thanks for everything. I really needed a quiet getaway by myself and it was just about perfect (more reliable wifi to work on would have been the only thing to make it even more perfect ;-) ). Give this place a try on your next trip to Lake George!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Georgian Lakesi... R, Public Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
TKDDusty,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay while here. I do apologize for the wifi issue that you had, and assure you that we are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. The view from the top of prospect is a must see. I am glad that you enjoyed your accommodations, and the village while you were in the area. We look forward to hosting your next get away.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Hebrew first
Toms River
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is our second time staying at the Georgian Resort and once again we were not disappointed! Our room was bright, super clean and spacious, the beds very comfortable, and there is ample parking. They provide a coffee area in the front office that offers some breafast treats. The charge for the room was very reasonable. I requested a poolside room with a view of the lake and our room filled that request. The view was breath taking. The employees are so pleasant from the time you register until the time you check out. They always asked if there was anything they could do to make our visit nicer. I would recommend the resort to anyone and we certaintly are planning our next stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor poolside, give great views of the lake and mountains.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rusty D
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Rusty D,
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us One of our main goals is that each and every customer is satisfied and enjoys their stay. The view is breathtaking anytime of the year. If you have not visited the top of Prospect Mountain maybe next time you could take a ride to the top. The view is for over 100 miles, and is absolutely breathtaking. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Pittsford, NY
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The property had been shut down for a few weeks since tourist season was over. They reopened for the weekend of 11-9-13. There was a high school running tournament in Queensbury with several thousand people attending.
The posted price was $49/room. The first room we were assigned was facing the parking lot which did not matter, but the beds were so soft we had to ask to for a room with firmer beds.
We were immediately accommodated and given a room with newer beds. It just happened to be lake front, but there was no change in price. The staff was great a gracious. They had a morning buffet for$10.99 which was very good. Hats off to Kimberly and the desk staff for handling our requests.

Room Tip: For basic rooms, request "Newly updated" ones.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hutch48
Hutch48,
I am very pleased to hear that your request to change rooms was so quickly accommodated. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction. I am glad that you gave Giovanna's a try while you were here as well. Our chef takes great pride in our food. I will be sure to praise Kimberly for meeting all of your requests. We look forward to hosting your overnight accommodations in the future.
Bayville
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is our second stay and I have to admit it was excellent experience. Rooms were large and well maintained, price for your stay is great. I have stayed at other motels and none are worth going to after you stay at the Georgian. I would recommend the Georgian to everyone, it is the place to stay when in Lake George. We stayed in a penthouse suite, for off season rate it can't be beat and the view from the room of Lake George is well WOW.

Room Tip: Rooms with Lake view the way to go
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Doug C
Doug C,
The penthouses are a spectacular view! I could not agree with you more. I am glad to hear that everything met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in customer service and greatly appreciate your feedback. Come visit us again!
Montreal
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have stayed one night on my way to NY. On October 30th, 2013. It was clearly off the season – entire village was rather deserted.
But the price was great, it was just $50 for a night. In Albany at mediocre motel with, according to many reviews, possible bed bugs or here. By the lake with fresh air and… all alone…
I got an upgrade for lake view room witch is great, but I was all alone on a lake view line of rooms and this is quite sad and slightly scary.
Internet was uber slow, even thought there was just a few rooms taken. I cant even imagine what kind of internet service one will receive during peak season days.
The service was very friendly and patient.
I did run early in the morning by the lake and it was a true joy. Quiet and peaceful. Before heading to NY I stopped by café Vero, just a half miles away. Very good coffee place. Good for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
IliaNc,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the internet being rather slow. We do have someone working on it and it will be fixed shortly. October does being off season for the village and there are not many visitors that come through. I am pleased to hear you had a nice stay on property. We hope to see you again in the future.
Ronkonkoma
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I booked this room without truly knowing its worth. I would recommend this place to anyone. I stayed in a courtyard room for a last minute weekend getaway with my fiancee and we were pleasantly surprised. We come to lake George often, and have decided this location will be our "go to" spot. The location was nice, room was clean and spacious, and the staff was sweet. we are already booking our family trip for the winter and we are coming to the Georgian.

• Stayed October 2013
jav7104,
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and could enjoy our newly renovated rooms. I am pleased that our service has lived up to your expectations. We look forward to hosting your family in the future.
Holden, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed at the Georgian for 2 nights just before Columbus Day weekend and booked a penthouse suite. The rate was very good (off season and AAA discount) for a large, comfortable room overlooking the pool area and lake. About half the rooms face into the parking lot so spring for one of the end rooms or suites if you want to see the lake. The room had a living area down 3 or 4 steps from the bedroom area with a couch, club chair, coffee table, refrigerator and TV, along with another TV in the bedroom area. My only complaint was the lighting was very poor. I understand they are doing the right thing with low wattage fluorescent bulbs but put in ones with more lumens. I could barely see to read even with the lamp right over my shoulder.

Since it was off season we didn't utilize any resort services but the pool was still open and some young teenagers did go swimming on a chilly morning. The hotel does have a restaurant where we had breakfast and dinner one night. For dinner I had clams casino and caesar salad. Both were excellent and the caesar salad was very unusual and very tasty. My husband has linguine and meatballs and said the meatballs and sauce were excellent. Breakfasts were quite nice.

The Georgian was popular with bus tours and they do buffet breakfasts if there are a large number of guests so breakfast service was fine and we were later risers than the tours. The hotel is an older one than the chains but the chains are not on the lake or even within walking distance to the lake. This is a good spot if you want to see Lake George and have easy access to the shops and restaurants and park along the lake.

Room Tip: Ask for an end room by the lake or a suite if you want to see the lake.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
HoldenKathy,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Penthouse suites. They do have a great view of the lake and mountains. I am pleased you gave Giovanna's a try while you were on property as well. Our chef has great pride in his food. It is also a nice convenience being within walking distance of the village shops for all of our guests. I appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again in the future.