“A Really Nice Find!”

Ranked #25 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Wexford, Pennsylvania
“A Really Nice Find!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We booked a room for two nights during a skiing weekend. We have stayed at several other properties in the area and were taking a chance at someplace new to us that seemed to have potential as a good value. We were pleasantly surprised to find a recently & very nicely remodeled room & bath. The room was spacious & comfortable and tastefully decorated. It included a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker along with a new flat screen TV. Continental breakfast in the lobby was also included. The only mild negative was the learning curve encountered in attempting to control the heating.
We will definitely stay again - it is a real value that will keep us coming back! We have already made a reservation for later in the 2013-14 ski season!

Room Tip: Request a remodeled room with amenities. ( I would ask for softer pillows ) . The bed was firm, but...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Wm,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and the newly remodeled rooms met your expectations. We look forward to hosting your future accommodations. Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Hebrew first
Johnstown, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2013

If you are traveling in the Adirondacks of New York State any time of the year. The Georgian is a must stay. Newly renovated rooms, spectacular view of the lake especially in the spring, summer and fall and friendly service at the front desk. The restaurant is also great with a view of the lake and the food is spot on. My wife and I have stayed there three times this year and enjoyed our stay. The restaurant closes in late October so get there in the summer or early fall. Looking forward to our next stay at The Georgian

Room Tip: Would recommend their rooms on the lake
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Georgian Lakesi... R, Public Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Tom K,
Thank you for the kind words. We are glad that you liked the upgraded rooms. Here at the Georgian customer satisfaction is one of our main goals. Thank you for visiting and we hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,
Public Relations Manager
Oneonta, New York
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I only spent a night here on a quick get away a few weeks ago, but I found The Georgian to be friendly, clean and comfortable. My only complaint was the wifi was horrendous and there needs to be a few more outlets for those of us geeks who travel with laptops for work or school, but I managed to work around that. I loved that it was within walking distance of everything. It was so nice to just walk out and take a walk around the lake front park and really all the way to the super nice cruise boats of the Lake George Steamboat Co and Shoreline Cruises. Also found some nice shops and food on the main drag all within walking distance. It's also a short drive to access the road up Prospect if you're not into hiking up there.
I loved the updated tv and the tucked away fridge was also helpful. I would really stay here again on my next trip. Hoping to make it to Lake George again sometime in the spring. Thanks for everything. I really needed a quiet getaway by myself and it was just about perfect (more reliable wifi to work on would have been the only thing to make it even more perfect ;-) ). Give this place a try on your next trip to Lake George!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
TKDDusty,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay while here. I do apologize for the wifi issue that you had, and assure you that we are working to get it resolved as quickly as possible. The view from the top of prospect is a must see. I am glad that you enjoyed your accommodations, and the village while you were in the area. We look forward to hosting your next get away.
Toms River
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is our second time staying at the Georgian Resort and once again we were not disappointed! Our room was bright, super clean and spacious, the beds very comfortable, and there is ample parking. They provide a coffee area in the front office that offers some breafast treats. The charge for the room was very reasonable. I requested a poolside room with a view of the lake and our room filled that request. The view was breath taking. The employees are so pleasant from the time you register until the time you check out. They always asked if there was anything they could do to make our visit nicer. I would recommend the resort to anyone and we certaintly are planning our next stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor poolside, give great views of the lake and mountains.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rusty D
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Rusty D,
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us One of our main goals is that each and every customer is satisfied and enjoys their stay. The view is breathtaking anytime of the year. If you have not visited the top of Prospect Mountain maybe next time you could take a ride to the top. The view is for over 100 miles, and is absolutely breathtaking. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Pittsford, NY
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The property had been shut down for a few weeks since tourist season was over. They reopened for the weekend of 11-9-13. There was a high school running tournament in Queensbury with several thousand people attending.
The posted price was $49/room. The first room we were assigned was facing the parking lot which did not matter, but the beds were so soft we had to ask to for a room with firmer beds.
We were immediately accommodated and given a room with newer beds. It just happened to be lake front, but there was no change in price. The staff was great a gracious. They had a morning buffet for$10.99 which was very good. Hats off to Kimberly and the desk staff for handling our requests.

Room Tip: For basic rooms, request "Newly updated" ones.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hutch48
Hutch48,
I am very pleased to hear that your request to change rooms was so quickly accommodated. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction. I am glad that you gave Giovanna's a try while you were here as well. Our chef takes great pride in our food. I will be sure to praise Kimberly for meeting all of your requests. We look forward to hosting your overnight accommodations in the future.
Bayville
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is our second stay and I have to admit it was excellent experience. Rooms were large and well maintained, price for your stay is great. I have stayed at other motels and none are worth going to after you stay at the Georgian. I would recommend the Georgian to everyone, it is the place to stay when in Lake George. We stayed in a penthouse suite, for off season rate it can't be beat and the view from the room of Lake George is well WOW.

Room Tip: Rooms with Lake view the way to go
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Doug C
Doug C,
The penthouses are a spectacular view! I could not agree with you more. I am glad to hear that everything met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in customer service and greatly appreciate your feedback. Come visit us again!
Montreal
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I have stayed one night on my way to NY. On October 30th, 2013. It was clearly off the season – entire village was rather deserted.
But the price was great, it was just $50 for a night. In Albany at mediocre motel with, according to many reviews, possible bed bugs or here. By the lake with fresh air and… all alone…
I got an upgrade for lake view room witch is great, but I was all alone on a lake view line of rooms and this is quite sad and slightly scary.
Internet was uber slow, even thought there was just a few rooms taken. I cant even imagine what kind of internet service one will receive during peak season days.
The service was very friendly and patient.
I did run early in the morning by the lake and it was a true joy. Quiet and peaceful. Before heading to NY I stopped by café Vero, just a half miles away. Very good coffee place. Good for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
IliaNc,
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the internet being rather slow. We do have someone working on it and it will be fixed shortly. October does being off season for the village and there are not many visitors that come through. I am pleased to hear you had a nice stay on property. We hope to see you again in the future.