“excellent family resport and good management”

Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
Ranked #2 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed here for thanksgiving and had a great stay. Excellent room for families with small kids. Great pool,Free breakfast. Clean.

The specific issue is that I left valuables in the room. management went above and beyond to assure that they got back to me. Extremely professional.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for the kind words, and for staying with us last year. We understand how important it can be if guests leave valuable items behind. I would very much enjoy having you join us again, the next time you come to our area.

Michael/GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,030)

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is the first time the family has gone in February and we are so happy we did. It is carnival month . Except for some outlet shopping and the kids skiing at Gore Mountain we stayed in the hotel for 3 days. Friday there was an awesome Italien buffet and Saturday there was roast beef. Each morning we went for the breakfast buffet. Saturday there were awesome fireworks over the lake. We went to the bar to watch some hockey and socialize with our local Lake George friends. We have been coming to this hotel for 50 years and will continue to as long as we can. Shirley took care of our room and was very attentive to our needs. Dana and Wendy were super in the restaurant. Agnes and Bob we thank you again. Thank you Michael for having such a great staff who make all your guests feel like family. We will be back with our New York family to celebrate Easter at our favorite hotel. If you are ever in Lake George we highly recommend this hotel if you want to be spoiled.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor on the side of the lake.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you very much. Your review is appreciated, and I am grateful that you mentioned many of our staff. We look forward to seeing you in the spring.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

My husaband and I (two kids in tow) stayed this past Friday at the Holiday Inn Lake George. We came for the winter carnival. The weather was not great (raining), but the hotel was was! We had a fantastic room over-looking the lake. It was clean and spacious. We had drinks at the bar and enjoyed their complementary appetizers. The kids loved the pool, outdoor hot tub and sauna. The breakfast the next day was great (we took advantge of the buffet and the kids ate free:). The only down-fall was that we were woken up at 7:15 am to kids running and screaming down the hall for over an hour:( Overall, great night - we will be back!

1  Thank Karen A

Thank you very much for staying with us, and for taking the time to write about your stay. I am glad that you had an enjoyable time with us. Kids are a big part of our success as a Holiday Inn Resort. I do appreciate your mention of the noise in the hall. We really had alot of kids here over the President's week, and try our best to keep things quiet. Sometimes, that can be a challenge.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I cant say enough about the staff.. especially Bianca.. she worked until late hours in the dinning area and was bright eyed and cheerful for the morning breakfast.. that was a lot of the staff.. if their was an issue they tried to accommodate as best as possible.. only issues were that the dinning area gets PACKED so make reservations, it seemed to lack more staff in the dining area during peak time.. but they really worked together to get people taken care of....we wanted to order room service on saturday night and the phone just rang in the dinning area.. also the outside hot tube is a huge hit, i wish it was larger and there were limitation to how long adults with a coolers can actual stay in the hot tub on a weekend.. cookies are amazing i must say... overall; i would go again and again and again...

Room Tip: if your sleeping on the pull out bed.. get ready for a rough mattress.. regular single bed have a gr...
1  Thank gloria v
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you very much for your nice comments, and for mentioning Bianca, and our staff.
President's week is one of the more active weeks of the year, and our staff puts in many hours during that timeframe. Our dining room and our lounge are both in high demand for that week as well. The outdoor hot tub is a huge feature, and we could use about three of them during the February break. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

As a patron and a "local" I am in TR's Lounge almost daily. I must compliment General Manager Michael Spilman as well as his entire staff for a job well done. Every time I enter TR'S Lounge I am greeted, many times my drink awaits me.The view of the southern end of Lake George is truly magnificent winter or summer. The team of Bob and the lovely Dana is a pure joy. They do a truly outstanding job at the bar. I must mention Agnes too, she is a true pleasure and a whirlwind at the bar. Agnes is quite entertaining especially during NASCAR and Football season.
The bar staff at TR'S Lounge makes a point of introducing guests to the "locals" at the bar to make the guests feel more at home. This is a practice that should be followed in more businesses..These are some of the many reasons TR'S Lounge in The Holiday Inn Lake George is such a truly popular "local spot"

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JDCaddys

Thank you very much for your kind words, and for your mention of our talented staff in TR's. Bob , Agnes, and Dana are fun to be with, and they know how to make our guests feel right at home. We are lucky to have them on our team, and the Lounge is a great place to visit because of them. It has become an awesome place for all of our guests.

See you soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My family and I just stayed for the winter carnival (Fri-Mon). Wow what a great time! The hotel was "PERFECT" The only thing that surpasted the hotel was its STAFF! From check-in to check-out. Very clean from rooms to pool ! Warm cookies waiting for you in the lobby, nice touch! A fire pit at nite to talk about days events or to make new friends! For a traveler such as my self who can stay where ever i choose, i most asured will stay only at the HOLIDAY INN LAKE GEORGE. When ever i am there!even saw the mgr. making omlettes for guest to help out staff.Thats team effort! location perfect for lake and snow machines!! You would be a fool if you spent $$$ any where else!

Room Tip: not a bad room in the place
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your nice review. We had a good President's week with all of our familes. It was nice to see some warmer temps out at the firepit for a change. Thank you also for talking about our staff. We are very fortunate to have such a friendly team. Also, I do like to keep my omlette making skills sharp from time to time.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I’ve seen TripAdvisor use the phrase “every experience counts” related to their reviews. This Holiday Inn property is the quintessential example of making every experience count. My check in was seamless and my greeting was very hospitable. I was also offered a rum punch which really made me feel like I was checking into a resort in a tropical region when I was just in Lake George on business. My room was very spacious and was filled with a nice amount of soft fluffy towels. The room was also meticulously clean. The furnishings looked very new. The mattress on the bed was just right. I prefer a flatter softer pillow but of the four provided on the bed I found one that was close to what I use at home. The high speed internet connection was quick and effective. The TV had a nice sized flat screen and an excellent assortment of channels. The Kuerig Coffee brewer was a nice touch as that is how I make my coffee at home. I’d also prefer a slightly larger bar of soap but again this is a minor complaint. The rate was also extremely low but that is probably because my stay was in February. I would highly recommend this property for business, couples and family. This is a first rate hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad that you liked the beverage at check in, and that you found our Hotel to be clean. The Kurig coffee makers have gone over well with our guests. We are glad that we did that. Hopefully we will see you again.