“Very nice Hotel..”

Ranked #2 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Albany
“Very nice Hotel..”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Rooms are very clean, view is great. Fire Pit and pools are great too. Everything was perfect. Check in was fast and friendly. There is a nice bar area and restaurant on the property which makes it nice for late night snacks or if you just want to have a drink but dont want to leave the hotel.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms are nice..and you can still see the mountain view. I perfer the first floor with the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank RoadtripAlbany
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time for your review. Our fire pit has been well recieved since we put it in a few years back. Definately a great spot to relax.

Michael/GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I chaperoned a middle school strings group field trip and we stayed here. The kids rooms were booked through the school but I booked my own. When we got to the property, the front desk was very helpful checking the parents in. As I checked in I noticed that they discounted my room (without me asking) to the group rate which cut the price by almost half. I never even told them I was with a group (my mistake) but they did it on their own which was impressive. My room was very clean and spacious. The hotel grounds are very nice as well. There are basketball courts, fire pit, pool (indoor and outdoor) hot tub, lawn chess and more. I was also impressed with the bartender Bob. I had an urgent need for a glass of milk for my son who has type 1 diabetes and he gave it to me at no charge. The next morning, they had a continental breakfast set up for our group. Unfortunately for my son, there were mostly high carb items (bagels, cereal, juice, etc). I went into the restaurant to purchase a small plate of eggs for him and they provided me with a full kids breakfast for him free of charge because of his medical condition. I was impressed at the accommodations they made for his medical needs. The hotel is a short walk to the village near the water. I would definitely stay here again when visiting Lake George.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank justlookin2buy
Thank you for your nice review. I enjoyed reading about your stay, and was glad to read about our staff. We really have a genuine caring staff, and I am glad that you felt that way.
We always enjoy hosting that group.

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had a conference here for three days and two nights. Great place and has been recently renovated. Food in T.R.'s restaurant was great and the service was excellent. Staff is very helpfull and friendly. Housekeeping even remember that I am an early riser and left me additonal coffee each day.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kathy W
Thank you very much for your note. That conference did go well, and we enjoyed hosting that group.Thank you also for your nice food comment. Hopefully, we will see you again in 2015.

New York
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The rest of the Holiday Inn's should come here and take notes. I have had too many bad experiences with Holiday Inn's (and Holiday Inn Express) to keep giving them my business, however...this Holiday Inn in Lake George is absolutely awesome. The rooms are immaculate, the staff friendly, the location great, just everything about it is first class and well worth the money
"They" say the Holiday Inn Lake George is award winning...I don't know what award they may be talking about, but whatever it is, they total deserve it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Oceandiver95
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. We appreciate that very much. The IHG Torchbearer award is given out every year to Hotels and Resorts that reach a certain guest satisfaction score over the 12 month period. We hope to get it again this year. Thank you for staying with us.

Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights for Americade. This was close to all events. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and everything you needed right there.The bar had different happy hour specials each night There was even a kinda of keno game going on were you can win some money. We had a great dinner and breakfasts .The pool was was beautiful and the grounds were well kept. Great parking for our bikes and trailer . We had a great time and will return here again.

Room Tip: book early for an event. this place goes fast.2nd floor pool side for bike week.this is americade HQ...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Tommy O
Thank you for your review. We had a great week with the bikes, and look forward to next year.
See you in 2015.

Norwich
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Spent three nights at Holiday Inn Resort for an Elvisfest that I was going to in Lake George. Hotel was great, as the people are great. Restaurant was good with good selections. Very clean. Had a great time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank archambo7
Thank you very much for your review, and for staying with us.
Elvis weekend has become a great annual event. It is a fun crowd.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Two pools, shuffleboard, putting, great view, good restaurant, nice grounds and friendly staff. The price was very reasonable though that might be due to it being the offseason. The room was nice and the pool towels stacked nicely on the bed with a folded towel dog wearing crazy sunglasses.

Bathroom could have been cleaner, but nothing gross.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BumblechickFood
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us. Your comments were appreciated. The towels are a nice little thing that we do as a Holiday Inn Resort. We hope to see you again.