“Excellent! Gem so close to Lake George!!”

Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
Ranked #2 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
“Excellent! Gem so close to Lake George!!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed 6 nights with my family (wife and two teenagers)! Room was great! Clean, everything was new and well maintained. Had a pool view room with a patio steps from the pool. Richard kept us well stocked with sangria, mojitos, and plenty of water to hydrate. Restaurant had good food and inexpensive. Basketball, outdoor chess, shuffle board, mini golf, putting green, indoor pool and outdoor jacuzzi kept us busy onsite. Minutes from the village and minutes from all the attractions. Definitely recommended!! We will return.

Room Tip: Choose a pool view room on the ground floor in the high numbers (we stayed in 141). Less hall way tr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us for 6 days, and for your nice words. We try hard to keep our grounds maintained, and our property clean. We also try to keep Richard busy, so I am glad that you were able to help us with that. He does an awesome job taking care of our guests.
We look forward to your joining us again.

Michael/GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
New York, NY
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I am a very frequent traveler and I have not experienced a hotel like this in ages. If you are traveling with family/children, look no further. It is worth every penny. They have activities for children starting at 2 running until 8. The resort is very well kept. Every time you look around, you see the manager tending to everything. The restaurant, one night we had a few hiccups, but we were comp'ed, without a complaint from us first. One tip, book the kid suites, with 2 queen beds, the kids had their own room, with bunk beds and stocked with games and toys. I have never seen anything like it before.

All other hotels should stay here and learn how to service customers the right way.

I will be back and will tell everyone to stay here!

Room Tip: Kids Suite room 245. Double balcony and kids have their own room, what a joy!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us. Our 2 kids suites are great, and they are extremely popular for that reason. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed being with us. I am also happy to hear that our dining room took care of you. Feel free to come back anytime. We are here and open all year. Thanks also for telling your friends.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had a fantastic view of the lake and staff was helpful and polite. My only complaints were the mold on grout lines in shower that most people would not notice but I am a stickler for mold in bathrooms and the joke of a ventilation fan. My only other complaint was the size of the trash/recycle bins which were way too small. Our room slept 6, only 4 of us stayed and both over flowed everyday. We stayed 6/2014. I can not compare this to other Holiday Inn hotels since I have not stayed at one that I can recall.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 327 and I felt it was the 2nd best room in the whole hotel. Amazing since I booke...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us, and for writting a review. I appreciate your comments regarding the bathtub and the recycle bins. Definately not enough room in the bins for 4-6 people.
We hope that you will consider joining us again.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

If you want to stay in the town of Lake George this is the best accommodations possible. (As a point of disclosure, I am a spoiled New York yoga wife.) this hotel is not located on the lake but there are many other niceties.
The hotel's restaurant has the best food that you can find for the area. Good salads, nice main courses and decent wine.
The hotel was recently renovated and they did a good job. The floor layout is from the 1960's so the bathrooms are tiny and the rooms narrow. The terrace makes up for this, however. And if you are traveling with small kids the baby pool and playground are essential. This hotel has a great view of the 4th of July fireworks. You can sit on the lawn and have a fantastic view. If you get a lake facing terrace you don't even have to leave your room.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your nice review. I really like the title.
We appreciate your mentioning our food. It is hard to believe that we were built in 1966. But the bathrooms are a little cramped on the 1st & 2nd floors, and are definately reflective of that time period. Our playground comes in handy for many of our families with smaller kids.

We hope that you will consider joining us again.

Norwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort during April vacation week. This hotel is far superior to the average Holiday Inn. We stayed on the third floor (newer section) in a one bedroom suite which was extremely comfortable and quite large. The suite is perfect for a family with a nice sized living area with pull out sofa and a mini kitchen with wet bar, microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator. I liked the fact that the bathroom was located between the living area and the bedroom. The bedroom was also quite spacious with a comfortable king sized bed. The view of the lake from the balcony was quite lovely, but because it was April we were not able to stay outside for very long. The walls unfortunately seemed rather thin since there were times in the morning where we were awakened by our neighbors.

We ordered room service in the evening which was promptly delivered and it is nice to note that kid's meals are always free. We also ate lunch in the lounge the next day. The food is decent but of course it is not gourmet. I did also notice that the bartender/server was also delivering the room service meals. She was amazing and deserves a special mention. I wish that I had asked her name. Free hot appetizers are also available in the lounge in the evenings.

There were also delicious cookies available at the front desk along with lemonade and fruit punch. I was not however, offered a welcome cocktail like other reviewers have mentioned.

The indoor pool was very nice and quite warm and we loved the hot tub which was located just outside and is open all year. Unfortunately, on the second evening we were there, three adults appeared with approximately eight to ten kids of various ages. I have children myself and I honestly don't mind the fact that they can be noisy and very active. They are children after all. However, this situation was clearly over the top. There was a child of perhaps 4 years old that was performing some rather daring moves such as jumping in a twisting fashion into the pool. I kept looking directly at the chaperones waiting for them to take some type of action, but they never did. I know that having a lifeguard on duty isn't always an option. However, perhaps the hotel could do some type of video monitoring or routine checks at the pool.

Overall, we had a very nice time. The property is amazing for families, particularly in the warmer months when the large outdoor pool can be utilized and there are so many things for the kids to do. (amazing play area, large chess board, mini golf) etc.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carol R
Thank you for the time that you took for this review. I enjoyed reading it. I am sorry to say, that the fruit punch may have been an adult beverage. We offer one of each, but may have failed to offer that to you. Agnes is amazing, and one of our many stars here on our team.
The suites are very popular all year long, for many of the reasons that you had mentioned.
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This a nice Holiday Inn but hardly a resort quality property. Maybe back in the day but not now. Small property with an average size pool. HI is my preferred hotel and maybe I am being overly critical but the price doesnt fit the property. Let me emphasize the staff was great and the hotel clean so nothing negative there. I would typically associate resorts as on the water or beach or even a golf course. This property you still have to drive to everything, the property was kid friendly though I will give them that. Pricey in my opinion. Did not eat or utilize bar on this stay.

Room Tip: There are lake view rooms that offer a fairly decent view of fhd lake in the distance.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your candid comments, and for staying with us. We definately cater to families/kids in the summer. I wish that we had 18 holes out our front door.
I appreciated your thoughts, and enjoyed reading your review.

Saco, Maine
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I really enjoyed our stay at this place. Great amenities, low noise, and great cleaning staff. We will be back. The food is some of the best. Short walk into downtown. Pool was perfect temperature and not over chlorinated. We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for the third floor for the best view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for your note, and for staying with us. We feel that our food is very good as well. Thank you for mentioning that.