“Another Great Stay!”

Holiday Inn Resort Lake George
Ranked #3 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel in the summer of 2012 and returned this July again. Excellent hotel in the Lake George area. Very clean, we found the entire staff very courteous and professional. Location is close to everything and the views are great! A lot to do on the property, and the restaurant is very good with reasonable prices.Will book here again on our next Lake George trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for coming back to see us again. I appreciated your comments about our staff and about our restaurant.
We hope that you will join us again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Resort Lake George

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My husband and I have been to Lake George for the last 6 summers or so. This was the 4th hotel we've tried and I am happy to say I think we've found the one we will return to. The other hotels we stayed at, albeit cheaper, had various issues ranging from no one ever being around in the office, to extreme noise into all hours of the night from other hotel guests which prevented us from sleeping. The Holiday Inn had none of that. Yes, it costs more, but the phrase "you get what you pay for" seems to apply. The rooms seem to be basically sound-proof, although kids yelling in the hallway did wake us up the first morning we were there - however on subsequent mornings we found that the sound of the air conditioner/fan could easily drown out hallway noise. Everything was very clean. Staff was very helpful and professional. The only thing I can complain about is that we found several long, black hairs on some of our bath towels. We stayed 3 nights and I found at least 1 each night. The last night I believe that I found 3 of them between the 2 towels that I used. Neither me nor my husband has hair like this. I'm assuming this is from whomever folds the towels, or possibly the housekeeping staff. I realize stuff like this can happen from time to time, but honestly it would have been perfect had it not been for this. This is minor, of course, compared to what we've dealt with at other hotels. All in all, though, it was a very pleasant experience staying here; exceeded our expectations. We'll be back next summer. :)

Room Tip: We had a King-size bed with a pool view. We didn't use the pool but wanted the king-size bed si...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for giving us a try. I am glad that you enjoyed our facility. I was also sorry to hear about the hair/Towels. We will address that. We enjoyed reading your review.

I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is super clean. The staff is very responsive and friendly. They make you feel at home with all the extra things they provide. This hotel is also relaxing, modern and close to everything!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words. We really try to be friendly every day. I am always happy to read that it is working.
We hope that you will join us in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel is always clean and friendly. All the little extra things you don't always get anywhere else. Kid activities everyday. Free ice cream at the pool, specials each day, like movie night at pool or snacks and drinks .they have a big indoor pool , hot tub , mini golf, putting green, huge chess board, basketball, playground, and great outdoor pool and lounge area; it has something for everyone. Not to mention their restaurant on site T R 's restaurant has a friendly staff and good food. We especially like seeing the same faces each year, from their managers to staff in the restaurant. Our family , ages 10- 54 all enjoy our stay every year.

2  Thank Francebau93

Thank you for your nice review. Having the veteran staff is always a plus. We also enjoy seeing so many return guests. The ice cream has been a HUGE hit with our families.

We appreciate you visiting again, and hope to see you next year.

Michael/GM.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Have been staying in LG since 1994. And consistently every year with my children for the last 10 years. We have stayed at many places but this place knocks it out of the park. Returning from a trip to Canada we stayed for two nights on our way home. We love LG but have not always loved the accommodations. This has everything. My children loved it. The manager's reception was lovely and the staff goes above and beyond. Those few who gave this property poor reviews obviously don't know anything about the area or should be sure to sort out their cc details ahead of time, because this is by the far the best spot in Lake George!! Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: We loved having a room facing the pool. Great unexpected view of the lake too.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am sorry to have taken too long to respond.
The manager receptions on Monday's & Thursday's continue to be fun. Our guests love them and tell us that they look forward to them. It sounds like you may be joining us again so thank you.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I want to tell you that this is my 10year coming to this hotel. My family loves the place. The hotel is clean, fun, and Family friendly. The staff goes out of their way to make your stay magnificent. I want to thank Micheal for all his hard work! And all the staff the are so friendly and professional, my 7yr old and 10yr old had the best time. We eat TR's at the hotel and always enjoy and love our meal. See you next year!!!

Room Tip: The rooms with a balcony offer great views of the Lake George!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Michael S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Lake George, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for joining us again. We appreciate your continued support. Thank you also for your mention of TR's. We are a pretty friendly staff, and we work hard at maintaining that every day.

Hopefully, we will see you again.

Michael

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I don't know where to begin. Very clean rooms all with something to look at. For the most part very quiet when the patio door was closed at night. Our room was ground level with patio, walk out to the pool. The view from my pillow was that of the beautiful mountains and lake. Gorgeous. Excellent service at the pool, thank you Richard. Very good and extremely reasonable breakfast buffet. Second pool, indoor no less, was a great surprise. Can't say enough good things about the hotel. Definitely recommend it.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for your nice review. Thank you also for your mentioning Richard from our food & beverage team. The patio rooms are great in the summer time.

I look forward to your return.