“AWESOME”

Ranked #18 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“AWESOME”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in the second floor poolside building and enjoyed a fantastic stay. The room was plenty big, had a great view of the lake, and overlooked the pool. The room was very clean, and the property was well-kempt. The beach is simply unbeatable for being directly in the village - its the largest private beach in the area and is completely sand on the bottom. Plenty of beach chairs for all the guests.

There is a large patio next to the pool area with big tables and umbrellas and a gorgeous view of the lake. We used the grills which are available as needed, but they also have a snack bar for lunch. There is a gazebo which overlooks the lake and is quite beautiful. The resort is very much a family oriented place but during our stay there were several other couples mixed in as well.

The location is simply perfect as they are directly in the village. You park your car, then you leave it parked. We walked to dinner in the evenings, then we'd go out for a few drinks afterward and walk home. Super easy! We loved Marine Village.. Most of the guests we met there were return customers and we can see why!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Feeding Hills, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 July 2012

After atempting camping with two toddlers, we took a ride and fell upon this hotel. Location, Rooms, Pool, Etc..was great. We will definitely return.

1 Thank smancini711
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 days with my family of four. Location can't be beat. We stayed in the standard rooms which were pretty nice. The only problem with those is that your view is of a parking lot and the back of another strip of rooms- but I guess that's why they're the cheapest. Still very convenient to the pool, lake, town. We had breakfast at the restaurant, which was not bad- and a bargain with the free kids entrees. Limited menu, but if you want a break from cereal it satisfies you. I would return again.

1 Thank ladibug1026
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Wife and I stayed for a week. Great Location as you can walk to anywhere in the town and the hotel has on site parking. Rooms were large ( we had one with two queen size) and location was quiet. Add in the pool, it is next the lake, where could be better? We certainly enjoyed it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank seavon1950
Upstate New York
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This hotel is centrally located to everything. It is an older hotel as are all the hotels on the lake. It has a great heated pool on the lake and a private beach. It seems that many people stay here in large groups and every room has a table and two chairs to sit outside of your room. Only complaint is maintenance staff should be walking the property, beach, playground, pool area to clean up after guests who are littering. Woke up at 7am to lots of trash throughout hotel grounds. Don't understand why people paying $224 a night can't put garbage in garbage cans. Will definitely return next year with family!!

Stratford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I really wanted to like this place. I was so hoping it could be somewhere I could bring my daughter back, year after year, and she could look back on it with fond memories. Unfortunately, that's not the case. The pros of the place: it's clean, the staff is friendly, and the pool and beach are nice. And the breakfast at The Morgan was a good meal; we all enjoyed it. The first, and one of the biggest missteps any hotel/motel/resort can make in my opinion, is to neglect guest privacy. When we vacation, especially on short 2 night trips like the one we were planning on taking here, we keep the "do not disturb" sign in the door the entire stay. We don't need service in the room for 2 nights. There are plenty of towels, soap, etc for that length of stay. This is the first place I've ever stayed at that completely disregarded the "do not disturb" sign and entered our room and cleaned while we were out getting lunch. When I got back and noticed the sign gone, I thought someone had walked by and taken it. When we opened the door, we saw the beds had been made, our pajamas laid out on one of the beds, and the "do not disturb" sign placed on the dresser by staff. I was livid. I called down to the front desk to explain that we had the sign in the door and do not wish to have our room serviced. They responded by saying they'd make a note of it so it would not be serviced again while we were staying. I wanted to scream, "But the sign was in the door! What if I had been taking a shower or getting dressed or something!" I was too shocked to really say anything. I wanted to go home right then and there, but my little girl was really looking forward to the fireworks display that night. I didn't want to disappoint her. We hit the pool, and then my husband took our girl down to the beach while I went back to the room to shower. They came back a while later, and my husband announced, "We will not be coming back to this place." Seems someone brought their pet WOLF onto the private resort beach. Never mind there's a no pets allowed policy at the resort (which we saw broken at least twice), but it was a WOLF. At first, my husband said it just had to be a husky. Had to be! But when the wolf walked between him and my daughter a mere 5 feet from him, there was no mistaking it. He gathered my daughter up and immediately came back to the room. At that point, I asked my daughter if she just wanted to go home, to which she replied "yes". And so we left. Besides these two incidences, my biggest concern was the lack of staff supervising what was actually going on at the resort. I know people don't need babysitters, but this is the first hotel I've ever been to where there isn't staff milling about to make sure rules and regulations are being followed. Yes, there's no lifeguard on duty at the pool and beach, but I saw countless children swimming without adult supervision. That drives me crazy. We saw the various dogs/wolves on the premises. There was underage drinking going on right on the beach. The list goes on and on. No staff at any of these places. And last but not least, while I love a firm bed, I cannot sleep on a plank of wood. Holy hard mattress, Batman! I saw that in another review, is disregarded it. DON'T! If you don't like a rock hard mattress, you will get almost no sleep while you stay here. I know my review may sound like I'm nitpicking, but it really is difficult for me to not like a hotel stay. I love hotels. Love them. As long as it's clean and I can keep to myself, I'm a happy girl. I don't need any frills. I'm so disappointed this trip didn't go better. Good news is we got a really good night's sleep last night in our own beds.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Alicia B
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We went here based on trip advisor's reviews. There were some not so good but you need to weed out the bad ones. We were directly on the lake on Canada St. - location can't be better.

Yes, the room we had was small and the bathroom very small and outdated but there were only two of us. If we had kids this room would not of worked. We were in room number 2 with the lake just about in front of us. We mostly sat on the balcony which had small table and two chairs. The rooms have a cabin feel to it.

You will not find a fancy hotel/motel directly on the lake. We checked them all out and they were all the same older style rooms/cabins. The people were great at the front desk along with the maids supplying us with pretty much anything we needed. We don't do housekeeping and one day we came back after being out all day and they left us a bag of towels, coffee, etc. on the table outside our room - that was great. We checked around and nobody else had the size of the private beach we had and the pool was a great size. Everything here was very clean inside and outside of the room. We checked later and they do have a couple of suites and the top balcony rooms on the side by the pool are bigger and more updated. We will request something different if we come back again.

They also have nice big patio next to the pool with gas grills to use. A pavillion next to the lake with a gas grill also with a nice size picnic table. Everything you could want or need is in walking distance of this hotel. Stores, restaurants, park, post office, grocery store, etc..
Have lots to do with kids with just a little driving to get to them.
Will not hesitate to come back here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple