“Good Time and close to it all”

Marine Village Resort
Ranked #21 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
East Northport, New York
“Good Time and close to it all”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We having been going for years with about eight other families. The kids have a blast going back and forth from the beach to pool. The hotel serves free BBQ hot dogs & burgers on one night & also pizza & pasta on another night. It is so close to town so you don't have a far walk and don't have to worry about driving and looking for parking. I would recommend Marine Village for those who want to stay at a nice place and close to the town & also has beach front lake property.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
East Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 October 2013

There's something about being on Lake George that makes you forget about the every day routine of home. Marine Village shares that feeling of making your vacation peaceful and restful. From the helpful and friendly staff to the gorgeous views of the mountains and lake, Marine Village Resort is the best spot to stay in the Village. The pool, the extended patio and sandy beach are the perfect spots to be with your family and friends. With our extended family and friends, of up to 30 people, the convenience of be able to walk to restaurants is a plus after lounging on the beach all day. With a maintenance crew always available, if there are any guest concerns, they are there to help. I have been staying at Marine Village for 24 years. I have seen the many changes that were made to make this a comforting, pleasant resort. It's always a sad day when we say "good-bye".

Room Tip: If you prefer lake view, opt for second floor south side.
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 7 October 2013

My family has been staying in Marine Village for over 10 years. We stay there with a large group of families and always have a great time. The place is great! Clean rooms and property. Right on the lake with a beach, pool, swingset, dock. The kids run back and forth all day. We walk right into town in the evening for icecream and the arcades. It is a very relaxing vacation and we look forward to it every year. I highly recommend Marine Village!

Room Tip: We like the pool front rooms.
Salt Point, New York
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel was average. The location is perfect and the small beach, right on the lake, is nice. There is a dock where you can sit and enjoy your morning coffee, or sit around the pool. There are tables and chairs. The room was old-style, a typical hotel room, but overpriced for what you got.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leigh T
MarineVillageMgmt, Manager at Marine Village Resort, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Thank you for your review. We do appreciate your feedback.
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was a nice hotel, but left me wanting more. The panoramic lake view is a joke. Most of the rooms are perpendicular to the lake where if you stand at the far edge of the window you can see water, but the panoramic view is of the parking lot. It was nice that the hotel was directly on the lake and there was a nice sand beach and pool. Close to most things downtown Lake George which was nice for walking to dinner and there was a pub just a block down the road. On check-in I was told if I wanted one of the few 'Lake View' rooms I needed to call the hotel directly they were not available for online reservations. One of the online booking sites would not let me post this review on their site. Not sure if its because the hotel told me to call directly for the 'lake view' rooms. I copied and pasted directly. Overall it is a nice hotel just not many room with directly lake view

Room Tip: Call hotel directly for Lake View sites or cottages
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. As all of our buildings do run perpendicular to the lake, most rooms have a view of the lake from outside the rooms. Lakefront rooms have views of lake from inside room and are able to be booked with the hotel directly. We hope to see you again in the future.
Northwest connecticut
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Our family had a great time staying at the Marine village resort! We've been coming to Lake George for the car show for about Ten years, every year trying to book rooms at Marine Village,the best place to stay, I'm told. Last year at the end of the weekend we tried our luck and wow they had a room package that became available. I,we were not disappointed, arrived on Thursday,found everything as it should be,building and grounds looked great,well kept,staff at the front desk professional and friendly gladly answering all my crazy questions . Our rooms were clean,smelled nice and were comfortable with plenty of towels for eight of us. Two sinks were definitely a plus,wifi was also with the rain on saturday afternoon. Close to everything,you can walk to all the shops and stores we parked on Thursday and didn't use the car till we left on Sunday! Already rebooked for the car show in 2014. See you there!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank John2705
MarineVillageMgmt, Manager at Marine Village Resort, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so glad you have enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you next year.
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay at this particular motel. It was as my title states just ok the first room we were given #12 is set away from the lake and as soon as you walk in it smells moldy! I thought I was just be paranoid but me and my young daughter woke up the next morning with sinus infections! We decided to move our room so we stayed in 47 next to the pool much better it seems those rooms are more updated and don't come with a mold smell. The only good part about this place is the lake access, the pool, and the playground. the staff at the restaurant seems to all be young students from russia so there english is not so great and they are not very organized. the regular staff there seems to be not so friendly! When we got home I remembered I left my kindle tablet in the nightstand when I called the front desk they could care less! So I
Probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Elle3125
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry we were not able to find your Tablet and we appreciate your comments regarding the Restaurant. We will be addressing the concerns.