“Expidia is NOT your FRIEND!”

Marine Village Resort
Ranked #18 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Lake City, Florida
“Expidia is NOT your FRIEND!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This Resort has alot to offer the tourist, great rooms, Mountain and lake front views and the whole of Lake George at your finger tips, Just DON'T book with Expedia, because their price to me was 105.00 A night and the Resort's actual price was 75.00 A night!
When I contacted Expedia about their LOW PRICE polices they just Blew me off! It seems they charge the places you stay at 25% over what the HOTELS would actually charge you !
So Your best bet is to direct book your stays at resorts and places you like to visit if your into
saving MONEY !

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are like a cabin directly facing the Lake!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Great hotel, fabulous location in walking distance of everywhere, and the beach provide a great place to relax, enjoy the fall colors, boats and fireworks. There were three couples traveling together and the hotel provided something for all of us, the guys enjoyed visiting in front of the rooms while we ladies enjoyed sitting on the beach enjoying the view. The rooms were all modern and had everything we needed to make our visit perfect and had enough room for us all to gather in one of the rooms at night to play cards. The hotel staff were all very pleasant and helpful giving us dinning advise, especially Sandy and Racheal. We all thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

Room Tip: Most rooms have wonderful views of the lake, a great view of the fireworks from the beach.
Lanesborough, MA
Reviewed 14 November 2013

My friends and I have stayed at this location many times and have never been disappointed. The staff are pleasant and accommodating; the rooms are clean and comfortable and the little restaurant on site has terrific food! Our group has been there several years in June on the same weekend of a firemen's convention; and let me tell you, it is a hell of a good time. We are on vacation and a little bit of revelry is a good thing. We're going back again next year in September. Unfortunately, we are going to miss the fireman!

Room Tip: We generally take five rooms in a row on the first floor next to the pool. Not a quiet spot, but we...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MariPar163
Brooklyn, New york
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I would like to take the opportunity to thank the staff at Marine Village Resort for a lovely stay. Our room was clean and smelled fresh. The view was lovely. Sandy at the front was very helpful and nice. The location is excellent and close to everything. We did not have to move our vehicle since everything was within walking distance. We enjoyed all the attractions and had a wonderful time. My husband and I will be back next year. Lake George is absolutely beautiful and Marine Village Resort is a very good choice to stay. Thank you for your hospitality. Best regards; Cindy and Carlos

New York
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My friends and I, three moms who get together once a year for two nights as part of a girls weekend, chose Marine Village because of it's promise and reputation that it was a luxury resort. I can only say a few positive things unfortunately. 1. Pool area, 2. Distance to village, 3. Waitress at breakfast, 4. Handy man.

I had booked this room back in February for an August trip. Mind you, paying well over $300 per night with the tax. This was such a HUGE letdown in so many ways. We arrived early and knew we couldn't check in, so left to get our nails done and have lunch. When we arrived back, the room was ready. Upon checking in, the room was nice, clean and spacious. Perfect for three moms seeking some relaxation. The only complaint at this time was that the air conditioner is so close to one of the beds, it blew right on it and didn't provide much circulation.

We headed down to the pool area right away and it was clean and not too crowded since it was late afternoon. After a couple hours we headed back to the room. Myself and another friend showered one after the other, noticing the handle was a bit loose, but had no issues turning water on or off. My other friend headed to the shower after us. She was having trouble getting the faucet to turn because it seemed that the knob was even looser than before and wouldn't catch in the mechanism to turn. We tried helping and were able to get the water on, but couldn't adjust it after that to the right temperature, it was only coming out cold. We tried for several minutes to tighten the handle, but to no avail. We finally attempted to call the front desk, only to find our phone in the room wasn't working. We could barely hear the person and we had to yell into the receiver. They sent out what I am assuming was a "handy-man". He came into the room and must have thought it was a meet market at a bar because he began flirting with us instead of trying to assess the problem. He makes his way into the bathroom and attempts to fix the faucet. After about a half hour or so, we are still at square one. All of a sudden we hear a loud bang and water starts shooting out of the wall. He had knocked the faucet completely off and the water was now coming out at full force. I'm not sure if he was hired as a handy man or what his position there was, but he certainly was not a plumber or anyone who should pretend to fix things. He kept joking and laughing and not taking the situation seriously. At this point, the water has been shooting out for about 30 minutes and is now beginning to flood the bathroom floor as well as get the carpet outside the bathroom wet since the impact to the wall is so great.
My friends and I head to the office. The young girl who greeted us was very nice. I asked to a speak to a manager. A woman comes out, Kathy, and we let her know our room is the one with the plumbing problem. She immediately gets on the defense and asks what she is supposed to do about it. I explain that the person in our room now does not seem to know what he is doing. She replies he is the only person on the premises that could handle this. We asked to be switched to a different room only to be told there were no other rooms available. We then ask for a refund for the night because we obviously don't want to stay in a room where water is shooting out and are unable to use the bathroom. We were hoping to find another hotel with vacancy. Kathy does not feel we are due a refund and very rudely says "Good luck finding a place. There is no vacancy in Lake George". Wow, very professional and understanding as a manager of a "luxury" resort. I explain that we are paying over $300 PER night and she should at least offer something for us. She refuses. My friends and I leave to go back to the room to see if any progress has been made. A new handy man has shown up. Very nice older man who actually listens to us and wants to help, instead of flirting with us and making the problem worse. He explains that NO ONE knows where the water shutoff valve is for the room, so they have to shut down the water for the entire hotel. Due to all the time that has past, the room below us now has a ceiling that's caving in.
Our bathroom is completely flooded and the carpet is sopping wet. Finally, about an hour to an hour and a half into the ordeal, the water stops shooting out of the wall. At this point, it is about 10 o'clock at night and our carefully planned night out has been ruined. The new handy man assures us the water won't come out anymore, he will put a fan in the room to dry up the carpet and he will be back first thing in the morning to fix it. I should mention, not ONE time did Kathy call us, come to our room or make any attempt to actually see the problem for herself, say "I'm sorry", try to help or offer any type of reimbursement. It was only when my friend went up to the office for a second time that she agreed to give us a partial refund and three breakfast vouchers.
When we got back to the room, there was an industrial fan blowing into the bathroom, the exact opposite way of where it should have been pointing - towards the WET carpet. Also, they used so much orange deodorizer that it was overwhelming to your senses and made everyone feel sick. I'm sure the intention was good, but it was overkill to say the least.
The next day, we went to breakfast on the resort. It was good and the waitress was very attentive and friendly. We ran into the older handy man, and as promised, he came and fixed our bathroom while we were at the pool.
I should also add that none of the soda machines worked and it looked like the outside of room hadn't been cleaned in months. There were cobwebs everywhere.
By that same night the room had begun to smell mildewy due to the wet carpet. There was no point in complaining anymore though. Even the next day and the day after when we checked out, Kathy didn't even attempt to come to see us, try to call us or leave us a note. She never once apologized. Needless to say, we would never stay here again or recommend it to anyone. I've been going to Lake George every year for 30 years. I've always admired this resort and thought how great it would be if I actually got to stay there one day and relax in the lap of luxury. Boy, was I wrong. I'd rather stay at the Econo Lodge for less than $100 per night. It's a damn shame. Kathy needs some type of sensitivity and customer service training if she is going to continue to "run" this resort. Perhaps my friend and I could help. She manages a Customer Service team and I have won awards for my Customer Service. I'm sure other people didn't have to experience her attitude and had a wonderful time at the resort, but anyone in this type of business should know that not everyone is always satisfied and word of mouth coupled with the power of the internet are very powerful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Snipsandsnails
MarineVillageMgmt, Manager at Marine Village Resort, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Unfortunately, there are times when something happens like a water valve break that causes a major customer service issue. We resolved these problems as quickly as possible and do our best to compensate for service issues. In this case, free breakfast each morning and an inconvenience credit was given. we apologize for your bad experience. just as an FYI, there was no Kathy working in the office that week.
Brightwaters, New York
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have been coming up to the Lake George area every Summer for over 50 years. For decades we stayed in private cabins up at Trout Lake until the properties were sold. We then tried out several other resorts from Bolton Landing to Lake George Village which were all quite nice, but for the past 23 years we have stayed only at Marine Village because it has by far the best beachfront and is so convenient to town. It is great to be able to enjoy the Village and Fort without having to worry about parking. The kids LOVE the freedom they feel running around the grounds and going from the lake to the pool. And we always plan our stay so as not to miss the fireworks and s'mores!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have visited Lake George many times and really enjoyed staying at the Marine Village Resort.
Upon check-in we were greeted by friendly staff! We enjoyed the two bedroom suite which was clean and very comfortable. Love this location for the great private beach on the lake, got to enjoy the fireworks display on the lake from the comfortable lounges. It was Columbus Day weekend and were able to walk to all the events for Octoberfest. I enjoy daily mile walks and it was great to be able to walk through the village and to the pier, loved not having to use our car all weekend! The restaurant on premises, The Morgan, offers great homemade breakfast and the help was very pleasant and tended to any special requests. We found all the staff very friendly. This is the place we will return to every year!