“Great view of the Lake!”

Marine Village Resort
Ranked #18 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
South Jersey
“Great view of the Lake!”
Reviewed 31 July 2007

We stayed at the Marine Village Resort for four days in early June during the Americade motorcycle rally. We chose this motel because it seemed to be near the nightlife. We found it to be clean, but the rooms were small. As with most of the motels in the Lake George area, it is an older facility, but it is well kept. The staff is very accommodating. We had breakfast in the restaurant (which is only open for breakfast, and only accepts cash) and found it to be pretty good. The pool is nice, but not spectacular. Million Dollar Beach, several restaurants and plenty of things to do are well within walking distance. One of the best things about the Marine Village Resort is the view of the lake. It's gorgeous!

Overall, it's a nice place with a great view of the lake that's near plenty of activities. The only downside is that it's a bit pricey, considering the small rooms. Not outrageous, but a bit more than you would think to pay for a room of this size. Of course, we were there during a major event, the prices at most of the motels in the area are higher due to the demand.

I would stay there again.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Small rooms
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
long island ,new york
Reviewed 29 July 2007

my wife and i just returned from a 4 day vacation on lake george. our stay at the marine village was very relaxing. the beach on the lake is the best of the village resort beaches. the place was clean and the pool was well maintained. its location to the village is a big plus. very good family resort. room rates were on the high side but overall, worth it !

• Liked — clean , relaxing, very close to the village, walk to everthing
  • Disliked — a little pricey
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 27 July 2007

Last week my family stayed at Marine Village from Tuesday, July 17 to Saturday, July 21. We requested a suite and were assigned to Suite 1. We had never been to Lake George before and researched the hotel on the internet and talked to the staff over the phone before booking our reservation. We were very disappointed in out stay. For the price of $249 per night, we felt the accommodations and the condition of the room were unacceptable. Here are a few examples:

1. On check-in, we had to return to the office 3 times before our room keys would work.

2. As soon as we entered the room, it smelled musty and moldy.

3. I called the office two days before we arrived to inquired about row boats because it had stated on the website that row boats were free. I was informed that row boats were indeed free of charge to guests. When we went to the office to use a row boat, we were told that the boat was "broken" and that it was never a free service. I pointed out to the staff that the brochure right in front of her on the desk stated that rowboats were free as well as on page 8 in the book in the room. Also, upon speaking to other guests in the hotel who have stay with you in previous years, we were informed that the row boat has been unusable for the past few years. Also, only one row boat for all the guests??

4. On the website, the map of the property lists a game room behind the snack bar. My daughter was very excited for this, but when we arrived there was no game room.

5. On Tuesday night, we were getting ready to go to sleep and when I pulled back the bedspread, I saw the dirtiest blanket that I have ever seen on the bed. It was so soiled that I had to call housekeeping to bring us another blanket. This made me very concerned about the cleanliness of the rest of the linens.

6. On Wednesday morning, we stopped into the office to report that the refrigerator in our unit was running so loudly that it kept us up the previous night. In addition, the toilet flushed itself every 1/2 hour or so during the night which also kept us up. We were assured that someone would be down that day to fix both of these. Nobody ever fixed either one and we were inconvenienced with the noise all night. If there is one thing I look forward to on vacation, it is getting a good night's sleep. This was impossible at this "resort."

7. While trying to make a local phone call from our room, we noticed that the telephone in our bedroom was broken.

8. On Friday, my daughter and I decided to stay by the pool. We went out about 11am and returned to our room about 1:45. We realized that it was "Make Your Own Sundae" at the pool at 2pm, so we went back out to the patio at 2:10. There was no office staff or ice cream on the patio, so we waited about 15 minutes. We went back to our room and called the office and were told that it was over. How can it be over in 10 minutes? We never saw anyone setting up or breaking down any ice cream sundae bar. My daughter was very disappointed and I was very angry.

I feel that the room charge of $249 per night was outrageous due to the numerous problems we encountered at Marine Village. We paid in full by credit card, but I felt we are due a significant refund. For the price we paid, we expected a much higher level of service and accommodation as well as a more truthful description of what the establishment had to offer.

I spoke to the manager after we returned home and they refused to refund any of our money.

Stay away from this one!!!!!

• Liked — Porximity to town
  • Disliked — rooms, service
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank donna3880
ithaca
Reviewed 22 June 2007

The rooms are all new and the lake front is absolutely gorgeous. The staff was extremely outgoing, and they even set up a barbeque for our group. The wait for extra ammenities was hardly even a wait. I enjoyed my stay and will definetly return!

• Liked — The service was amazing.
  • Disliked — it was all great!
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank krazyA
Boston, MA
Reviewed 5 August 2006

we usually stay at a hotel called Nordicks located in Lake George when we come to the area. This year that hotel had new owners and no reservacations so we decited to try this place marine village. We SOMEHOW manged to get a suite! The suite we payed around $350.00 for it and what they "define" as a suite i wouldn't define it as that to the least bit. It did have a VERY nice living room, the kitchen was "enough room" it had a stove but the stove looked like it had beened used by my grandmother. The room was decent not really "too much" to complain about there. There was VERY little noise which was nice. The only thing that drove us CRAZY was the fact that they moved our room around so many times. My husband & I were staying at this hotel for 1 week and they moved us 3 different times to 3 different suites. That became a large pain in the behinde when you have a week's worth of stuff and ever 2 or 3 days your unpacking//repacking etc. The other thing that bothered me are the suites on the lower level because the first night we had to stay on the lower level were SMALLER then the suites on the top floor but consisted of more beds! In our one suite upstairs considering we were in 3 different suites the one suite upstairs had BUGS in our shower which also was a large turn off to us. There were two beds on the lower level rooms and one bed on the top level rooms! AND the rooms upstairs were MORE expensive then the rooms downstairs!! THEY WERE ALMOST THE EXACT SAME THING! The bech was VERY NICE no complaint there. The staff around the hotel were VERY VERY friendly but the people owning the place i hate to say it were complete [-]. They treated us like garbage as they did many other guests. Would i stay here again....not for 350.00 a night NO WAY! it's VERY overpriced! You could find a much better hotel i recomdend nordicks over this place any day much more friendly staff etc.

• Liked — i enjoyed the beach it was nice
  • Disliked — the owners of the hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — if you are coming to lake george, try nordicks or the new great escape lodge that is supposed to be amazing
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank Tbug287
nj
Reviewed 24 October 2005

you need to be careful when booking these family type motels in touristy towns - but you'll do okay here -
this is a gem in lake george - we booked 7 rooms for a family get-together and all were clean/fresh/recently updated/ no smells - people were nice - walk into town - nice location - on the beach, etc. -

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank joisey-joe
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 September 2005

We stayed at that old motel in September it was bad. When I made reservations over the phone for 2 nights I paid the deposit of $75.00
I was told that we will have room next to this pool and lake with two queen size beds. When we got there everything changed. We had our 8 month old son with us. We were supposed to have microwave in the room and 2 beds.

Instead they changed to 1 small bed and for microwave we hade to pay $15
a night. In order to get a different room we had to pay extra $40.00!!!!
It smelled bad in their rooms. I ended up cancleling the 2nd night and we stayed at Howard Johnson instead. What a difference there. We are never staying at the Marines again!!!! All the good reviews that this place got must of been written by their own stuff. Trust me on that one.

• Stayed September 2005