Last year we stayed at The Lake Motel but wanted a little upgrade. After finding Surfside website I thought this would be a little nicer. I called and asked what was their standard room like. The girl said "oh it's just a basic room, full size bed. Stand in shower, the regular!" Well we get there and my boyfriend couldn't fit in the too
Without ducking. It was beyond filthy and you couldn't even fit our luggage in the room. You had to like go sideways to go around the bed. So we asked if we could upgrade. THANK GOD then had another room available because we would not make it for 4 nights in that shoebox! So we upgraded to a 2 queen size bed room. It was still filthy and something from the 70s. Long story short, I wish we just stayed with The Lake Motel. It was clean and simple. The pictures of The Surfside looks nothing like it does in person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family-friendly hotel in the heart of Lake George village. With a wide variety of rooms from a single bed to Suites overlooking the lake. The property is lakefront and has 233 feet of beach, a private heated pool, and numerous decks to relax on. We offer a wireless internet service around the entire property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Surfside On The Lake Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside On The Lake Hotel Lake George
- Surfside On The Lake George