The Bad: Let me start off saying how tight the parking is. They can fit a ton of cars in there, but it is cramped. It was so busy that we were advised not to move our car so we wouldn't lose our parking spot. So if we wanted to go anywhere we had to walk. If you drive anywhere and it's a busy weekend, you may not have a place to park when you get back. Air conditioner was really loud. Woke us up almost every time compressor kicked on. The on-site Club Hamilton's breakfast buffet was way over priced at $12.99 a person for the quality of food that was there. Bacon was actually burnt black..all of it.
The Good: The bed was comfy and the room was nice. Nothing fancy, but you don't spend too much time in there anyways. Pool area and Cabana bar is nice. Great view of the lake. The 10% discounts to numerous restaurants was nice. We used one of them. The location is perfect right in the village. Staff were very nice and polite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family-friendly hotel in the heart of Lake George village. With a wide variety of rooms from a single bed to Suites overlooking the lake. The property is lakefront and has 233 feet of beach, a private heated pool, and numerous decks to relax on. We offer a wireless internet service around the entire property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Surfside On The Lake Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside On The Lake Hotel Lake George
- Surfside On The Lake George