“Dont stay at this hotel, bugs in the bed”
Review of Tahoe Resort

Tahoe Resort
Ranked #71 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Beacon, New York
“Dont stay at this hotel, bugs in the bed”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We checked in to the hotel on Thursday July 18, 2013, we got to the room and it was very hot , the AC was not working, so we asked for a fan and never got on. Than as the night went on the AC started to work. The next morning I woke up to a bug biting my back side. The hotel has bugs in the bed. I called the front desk and asked for a manager to let them know that a bug was in the the bed and it bided my back side. She told me that she had to call the owner to let him know about this. For the bug bite they want to give me ten dollars for that. I said to her you cant be serious and they was. The room was never cleaned on time.The bathrooms smelled like a dirty bar. They had two fat housekeepers that looked like they could not even walk so how could they clean. No towels where ever left in the room. I have stayed at that hotel before maybe three years ago, boy I can say it has changed. In the pool nothing but bugs in it it needs a good cleaning out. The place also needs to be painted. the place is very run down. If you want a bugs in the bed with you stay at the Tahoe. The manager there is very very NASTY. That hotel is not fit or a pig to sleep in. I asked for my money back and they would not give it to me. I still have the mark on my back side form the bug bite. Read the reviews before you stay at this hotel, spend a little more money and go some place better. I wish I could add the picture of the bug in the bed that I took.

OMG

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this hotel, they need to close this place down and fix it
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sexy2013
TahoeLG, Owner at Tahoe Resort, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
When these issues were reported to the Front Desk, maintenance was immediately notified to investigate and correct any issues. Maintenance reported that the Air Conditioning was set to heat and the "bed bug" was a beetle that probably flew in because the balcony door was observed left open.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed 2 nights at Tahoe. Awesome location great view and clean. Outside of building a little run down but the rooms are nicer inside. Nice patios to sit outside and small beach area to soak up sun. Only negatives are AC sucks and the humidity makes the floors very wet. Overall we liked the resort.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Jennifer M
East Setauket, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Expedia noted this place as Tahoe Resort on Lake George so I was confused when I called to confirm my reservation when the staff person said Tahoe Beach Club. We stayed here in early June for three nights. I found the rates too high for no amenities. Very weak signal for Smart Phone users. View of Lake George was nice, though.

Room Tip: Do not choose a corner room by the ice maker - very noisy and the steps leading down to the patio al...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Writing this review as we r staying here. Overall highly recommeded we got the lake facing room and its wonderful. Though wifi signal is weak and only works well around the front window area. other than that great. Pool was nicely heated.

Room Tip: Chose lake facing rooms only.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sayadil
Lake George
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Rates too high for amenities offered.
Bugs and small spiders crawling thru gaps by door and a/c unit.
Bathroom shower head not working properly.
Door lock and key not working exposing all personal belongs for a day long
Paint work performed when gests are moving in and out in a busy hours
Desk personel smoking tabbaco at work
Unfortunately I have more to say...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank Jorge R

Travellers are raving about these Lake George hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Ammonia smell in room turned out to be dangerous mold. Family experienced worsening symptoms of illness that turned out to be reaction to black mold in room and dispersed by old air conditioner. When I was at my most ill from the mold and filth and no vacancy at other hotels, I had to sleep in my car. The front desk gave me a sheet and blanket so I could sleep in my car. They gave me the phone number of their then sister property Tiki also owned by Mr. Hanif. The Tiki thought the idea of sleeping in my car was funny and told me I could sleep on their lobby couch. Not only did Manager Deb Burdett respond negatively, but lied in writing to my credit card company during dispute.

Beware the Tahoe in Lake George.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
13 Thank Jokke S
Walden, New York
Reviewed 7 October 2012

My girlfriend and I booked online for a weekend getaway. We picked it since it said it was half mile from lake George village. When we pulled up that wasn't the case. We got the "nicest" beach front room, which as we walked in stunk of mold making both of our eyes tear. We thought we could manage, so we went for a walk outside to look at the views, which are nice. Coming back in to our hotel to change for dinner we looked at each other and said no way when we saw several spiders and bugs on the walls and floors,our rusted space heater and the rash on my neck after laying on a pillow to make a phone call. We called a near by hotel closer to the strip and left this place eating our 130 bucks. We travel a lot but do not consider ourselves high maintenance. I do not recommend this place and think it is a real rip off after the place we ended up staying at was much nicer for half the price.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple