“Privately owned hotel with a few issues but enough charm to make up for it....”
Review of Tahoe Resort

Tahoe Resort
Ranked #71 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Our experience at the Tahoe was very good. The rooms are acceptable and clean. The staff is very courteous and helpful. Could the place use a little updating? Absolutley. Could there be a few more amenities? Sure. But this isn't a hilton, marriot, or Disney. Its a modest motel on a breathtaking lake. The only things that really bothered me was the parking situation...when we returned late at night, it was almost impossible to find a spot....and yes, our ground floor room did have a slightly moldy odor. It wasn't overpowering...a few minutes with the door open and the room was aired out just fine. Honestly...we would return...no hesitation.

2 Thank thetravelkitten

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Let me start with the positive. The motel is located right on the lake which from any standpoint is a beautiful sight. The bed linen and mattresses appear to be fairly new, but that's about it for the positive. The picture of the facility looks good on line, but it is in terrible disrepair. The paint on the outside is faded and peeling and very dirty. The walkways to the rooms are even worse. The towels are old and a dingy color and the wash cloths looked like the were used to clean the floor. At first appearance the room looks okay, with tile floors, but when you start to look around you will find dust and grime in both the sleeping area and in the bathroom. The AC worked the first night, but on the second night it fizzed out. The motel was so bad that they don't even have the common sense to replace the sheet of paper the notice for the "Guests Info" is printed on. It was wrinkled with finger smudges on it along with (what looked like) food spilling's. I didn't bother to taste what was on it. I wasn't hungry. This is not a place where you want to even admit that you stayed at. Oh ...one other thing ... we were two adults and a 12 and 14 year old girl and on day two the maid only left us 2 washcloths and a couple of soaps with the 4 towels. What was she thinking.
Parking is limited especially if you return late at nigt that my husband had to park at the top of the hill and walk the distance to our room which was located at the bottom of hill. Run, don't walk away from this place. Save your money and your dignity.
Annie

Room Tip: Read all reviews. If there are more negative than positive skip the place and move on to another.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Annie F

Travellers are raving about these Lake George hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

We went here for a Saturday through Monday stay. This motel is very cute. It's off the main road which is nice because it's quieter. There is a lovely pool which is open until 10pm. And they have a private beach which was surprisingly not crowded. There are friendly little ducks who come visit you on the beach. They have outdoor grills so you can make your own BBQ. The room was clean and quiet.

The only thing that wasn't so great was the breakfast. Free continental breakfast was advertised. It is literally a pot of coffee and a plate of mini muffins. But breakfast in lake George village is excellent.

You can walk to the village in under 15 minutes. Overall, we had a good time. For the price you can't beat it. And the fact that you don't have to drive or walk to the beach was a huge plus for me. I would return.

We stayed in room 205. The front patio gets sun in the morning but not the afternoon. As I'm not a morning person, next time I will ask for a room on the 206-210 side. They get the afternoon sun.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights in July 2013. The website is deceptive because it looks better on the pics than in reality...but the worst thing is that we got STOLEN by the staff that cleanwd the room the next day. We
purchased a shirt from Polo and sandals from Kenneth Cole and left the bags in the room... We noticed the bags were mussing the next morning!!! Went to see the manager and all she could do was telling us to filled a police report !!! We left angry and disapointed ... Will never go back and we DON'T recommand this place to anyone ;(

3 Thank Marie-Josee T
Lebanon, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I have not stayed in this hotel but was hoping to. On July 27 I attempted to call for information and to make reservations. On my first call I was placed on hold and never returned to so I hung up and called back. The phone was picked up and hung up. I called again, the phone rang forever, then was picked up and the female said what do you want? No hello, no identifying the hotel name, nothing. I explained what had just happened, she said I need to put you on hold. I said no and asked her why I would want to stay at this hotel after that and she hung up the phone. Not a place I think I would like to visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank felipe258
TahoeLG, Owner at Tahoe Resort, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
I am sorry for your experience trying to make a reservation. Our reservations are primary taken by our central reservations office. If you called us directly, sometimes during our busy check-in times, the clerk should have taken a phone number to return the call later. This is something we will address with the front desk staff.
Beacon, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We checked in to the hotel on Thursday July 18, 2013, we got to the room and it was very hot , the AC was not working, so we asked for a fan and never got on. Than as the night went on the AC started to work. The next morning I woke up to a bug biting my back side. The hotel has bugs in the bed. I called the front desk and asked for a manager to let them know that a bug was in the the bed and it bided my back side. She told me that she had to call the owner to let him know about this. For the bug bite they want to give me ten dollars for that. I said to her you cant be serious and they was. The room was never cleaned on time.The bathrooms smelled like a dirty bar. They had two fat housekeepers that looked like they could not even walk so how could they clean. No towels where ever left in the room. I have stayed at that hotel before maybe three years ago, boy I can say it has changed. In the pool nothing but bugs in it it needs a good cleaning out. The place also needs to be painted. the place is very run down. If you want a bugs in the bed with you stay at the Tahoe. The manager there is very very NASTY. That hotel is not fit or a pig to sleep in. I asked for my money back and they would not give it to me. I still have the mark on my back side form the bug bite. Read the reviews before you stay at this hotel, spend a little more money and go some place better. I wish I could add the picture of the bug in the bed that I took.

OMG

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this hotel, they need to close this place down and fix it
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sexy2013
TahoeLG, Owner at Tahoe Resort, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
When these issues were reported to the Front Desk, maintenance was immediately notified to investigate and correct any issues. Maintenance reported that the Air Conditioning was set to heat and the "bed bug" was a beetle that probably flew in because the balcony door was observed left open.
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed 2 nights at Tahoe. Awesome location great view and clean. Outside of building a little run down but the rooms are nicer inside. Nice patios to sit outside and small beach area to soak up sun. Only negatives are AC sucks and the humidity makes the floors very wet. Overall we liked the resort.

2 Thank Jennifer M