“Stay away”
Review of Tahoe Resort

Tahoe Resort
Ranked #70 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I booked a two night stay for the Tahoe resort for $109 per night and requested to be notified if a lake front room became available. I recieved a call prior to checking in and was asked if I wanted the lake front for $20 extra per night and said yes. I arrived to check in and was then told it was $40 extra per night. It took 25 minutes to check in. When I arrived at my lake front room I noticed the balcony was facing the woods and the view of the lake was blocked by a block wall. We complained to the manager who stated that it was listed as a lakeview room and they are working on re categorizing the rooms. I checked my credit card statement and noticed that I was charged over $300 dollars. We complained to the manager and found that the employee at the front desk did not add up the charges properly and needed assistance adding and subtracting to figure out how much it should have been. Our room was changed to a lakeview and upon entering the room we noticed stains on the sheets. Shortly after, the power went out and they only had a generator to power electric in the bathroom. We walked down to the "private beach" to find that the sand is crushed rocks that hurt your feet and the water depth barely touches your waste. We spend the night (no power, no AC, no cable or lights) and were given a two hour estimated time for the problem to be corrected. We go out in the town and arrive back at 5pm to find that the pool is closed and still no power, AC, lights or cable. We complained to the manager about the poor conditions and his response was that he was "irritable too" and made no attempt to accommodate us. We ended up leaving the hotel for a place down the road and am currently awaiting a refund that I was told would take ten days. Moral of the story, don't waste your money.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Lgvaca
Richard D, General Manager at Tahoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

While I can understand the frustration of this guest, the review is VERY unfair and for the first time as a General Manager I take issue with the comments, given the fact that a powerful tornadic thunderstorm and "act of God" rendered most of lake George, particularly those on the West-Side without power on Tuesday evening, which was the first night of this guests stay. Power at the Tahoe was not restored until Thursday morning at 9 but from 9:00 pm on Tuesday through Thursday morning we relayed power restoration information as it was relayed to us from National Grid. I personally called National Grid 7 times. As a guest you were reimbursed for the error in the upgrade calculation and I personally apologized to you for this mistake---errors do occur, particularly with new staff in training which was what had happened. Additional compensations were also provided to you and all guests affected. Your review is one of anger over the power outage---I am sorry. Richard D. General Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Loud obnoxious music until past 11 pm at the pool. Kids couldn't sleep. Foul-mouthed 20-something's spewing offensive language. Horrible experience. Felt like we were trapped at a spring break party hotel in FL rather than a family oriented get-away in the adirondacks which is what we were looking for.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank MariaConchitaLuis
Richard D, Manager at Tahoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I appreciate your review and accept responsibility for the behavior of the guests you referred to. Front desk staff brought to my attention immediately the issue guests were experiencing with these individuals . After contacting them by phone and warning them I found it necessary to return to the Tahoe (I was at my home) and remove them from the property. In addition they were charged for damages and placed on our Persona Non Grata list--They will NEVER be back. The Tahoe is family friendly and as the new General Manager I welcome families with children; you should have had a better experience and I am sorry that you did not. Please call the Tahoe directly and ask for me if you would ever care to give us another chance.
Thank you, Richard D. General Manager

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I enjoyed staying in this resort for its scenic views, so nice and peacefull, wake up and have coffee or tea on the lake , and I like the tile floors so clean,,, I just felt in peace there , I would recommend , they have muffins and coffee tea hot chocolate in the morn complimentary. ,,,Nice heated pool my daughter really liked.. I loved the Lake George area it has many things that Orlando has , It has six flags, water parks , minature golf courses , But it also has the beautiful lake that you can swim in .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Richard D, General Manager at Tahoe Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for such a positive review! This is my first year as General Manager at the Tahoe and we are working very hard to improve our level of customer service, implementing room upgrades, and freshen our appearance as we are an older property but conveniently located close to Lake George Village. Come back again and I think you will be even more pleased with what we have done to the property since your last visit.
Richard, General manager

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Spent 4 days here with my family for a quick end of summer vacation. Basic hotel, basic room, nothing special but fine for what it was. Room was clean, large and appropriately stocked.
View was wonderful as was the small beach.

1  Thank MaryJ33314
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed her August 2013. Ww reserved 2 rooms next to eachother on beachside. When we checked in we were told there were no room together. We were given cheaper rooms and told we could not get a price adjustment. We could not park by our room and had to carry bags down 2 flights of stairs. When I tried to park by my room to unpack my car I was told to move or I would be towed. The staff in the office was very rude. If we had not driven 5 hours and kids were looking forward to it I would have left, WIFI only works a little and sometimes not at all. The air conditioner did not work when we checked in and we had to clean the filter ourselves to get it to work.
The only good thing is the pool is heated and clean.

10  Thank RITA S
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed here in August of 2013. The rooms looked in clean and very plain. The hallways were filled with bugs including spiders, wasps, and ants. The place was just crappy. It had blemishes and other things that were wrong with it. It was was okay. The room was very sad looking. The pool was okay and the towels are tiny. It was about $200 per night and it was NOT WORTH IT!! Walls are very thin. Ceiling is chipping. Poor tv quality. Discusting windows. Okay beds. Small bathroom. DO NOT STAY HERE. Very unhappy with the service. Discusting looking cleaning lady that left hair everywhere and didn't even change the sheets 2 days in a row!!! I hate this place and I do not recommend this.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Indie_Prime
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed at the Tahoe 8/4 thru 8/8 of 2013 for a family vacation. We had 11 rooms and 30 family members. The desk staff was very nice and check in was great. They had put us all together as we had asked and our rooms were all ready when we arrived, about a 4 hr time period 2pm to 6pm. The rooms are larger then average with all the items listed on the web site, they were clean and the beds were comfortable. This is not a 5 star property so if your looking for that don't stay here. If you want a place that is maintained well, has good house keeping, maintenance personel who care (Tom was the best) and a staff that tries very hard to please thier guests, then this is your place. We are already talking about coming back next year.

Room Tip: ask for a patio access room, rear access rooms are a bit tight to get to.