All reviews room was clean heated pool picnic tables tile ny refrigerator summer
Reviewed 17 September 2016

We visited a couple of days after the car show and the entire town was getting ready to close up shop. The property had 10 or fewer guests, parts of the place were off limits and the rest of it seemed as if it were in a state of semi-closure. We were on the top level and the only working ice machine was on the bottom level; our tub drain was s-l-o-w and you showered standing in ankle deep water (yuck); the lights in the bathroom sometimes worked and sometimes didn't. We reported the tub drain and light problems immediately, but neither was fixed. I was really put off when I spilled some water on the floor and the paper towel I used to wipe up the water came up black.... not reassuring! All of the other remarks about the difficulty in walking around this property are true - you'd have to be part mountain goat to climb from the top to the bottom and back without getting winded. I would have been really upset if I had paid in season prices for this room, but at about $100 a night it was tolerable. We would not stay here again.....

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IsabellasGrandma
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

Have been to lake George before and wanted a lake view hotel. Very deceiving on the outside because it need some updating on the outside but the inside very nice. Comfy beds. Decent Rooms and most important what a BEAUTIFUL view. It's also a short walk to the lake to take a swim and a heated pool. Yes it's on a hill but u can drive ur car to the lake if need to and if u want a nice lake view then one has to be on a hill. Free breakfast muffin Danish tea coffee. Can't beat that for an affordable hotel just 1 mile away from the village. Highly recommend and would stay again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Cthedream
Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel is located on Lake George. All rooms have at least a partial view of the lake. This could be a good place for families with children to stay because there is a swing set, volleyball net, small lake swimming area, paddle boats for rent, picnic tables and grills. The bedding was clean. The tile floors were clean. The walls, not so much. Our bathroom had missing tile, a chunk out of the wall, and rusty pipes below the sink. The tub and enclosure appeared to be new. If updated, the hotel could be a much nicer "resort". There are refrigerators and microwaves in the room. The pool looked clean. All rooms have a balcony or sitting area outside of the room. The hall ways between some of the rooms were kind of grungy. This might be partially due to the sand from people swimming in the lake rather than pool.
If you like to watch the sun rise, which I do; you can get an amazing view from the bottom of the hill at the lake! The best part of the day!!! = )

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank spearhead12
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I stayed here with my family. the room was nice bed was comfy. Only thing I didn't like was hill but nothing can be done. They upgraded us from partial to lake view which was very nice. Staff was friendly. Laurie at front desk was very outgoing and tried to do everyhting she could to make sure we were happy,. Great asset to the hotel. Will be back.

Room Tip: beachfront
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank poohsboy
Reviewed 6 September 2016

My 16 year old son liked this motel, but he is capable of easily walking up and down stairs. There are stairs and hills everywhere. Told the front desk about spider webs in room when we arrived. No carpet so you will have sandy feet if you don't have a broom. Parking is on such a hill that my mother thought we were going to tip over. If you are in great physical shape and can get up and down stairs well, this isn't too bad. NOT HANDI CAP FRIENDLY AT ALL. Need Trolly to take you in to town if you don't have a vehicle.

Room Tip: Ask to be placed where you would like to be closest to, ie pool or beach. Lots and lots of stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family