“Best Hotel around”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Went to this Hotel for a tournament weekendm the staff was very sweet. The place was extremely neat and the suite we stayed in was beautiful...Would stay here anytime!

They were very helpful and the rooms were comfortable, spacious and very well organized.

Excellent choice!

Room Tip: suites are excellent!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Dear Clarion,

I stayed at your hotel on 1/9 and 1/10--I was very happy with the service. At check-in the staff was very helpful.

However, I must mention your night auditor, Cody Shattuck, he was extremely helpful getting us an extra chair and explaining the heat and getting extra towels for us.

I commend your staff!

Gorman John Ruggiero

Room Tip: Ask for Cody
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Gorman R
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My wife and 2 kids just spent the night this past Saturday on our way from NJ to Vermont. The hotel was perfect! The room was very clean (which is the first thing we look for); the beds were comfortable with great pillows and sheets. The room also had a fridge and small microwave. The hotel's free breakfast was just right (hard boiled eggs, waffle maker, yogurt, muffins, cereal, juice, coffee, etc). The staff were very pleasant. The hotel's location is right off the highway, but not on it so that you you don't hear the noise. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank A M
Reviewed 22 January 2012

I hesitate to write a review for another of my favorite hotels because it seems that every time I do, the place gets mobbed and I can't make an inexpensive reservation. That being said, let me tell you a bit about the Clarion on Rt 9 in Lake George. The hotel is centrally located for businesses and hotels along the strip. The rooms are clean and the service is VERY friendly. My husband and I always get the 2 bedroom unit which is quite spacious, thinking we might invite other people. It is close to the pool and very far from the front desk. Our visits there have been in the fall and winter months, not during the busy summer. The outlets are literally next door and across the street. The fabulous Log Jam restaurant is nearby as well. (Be sure to call ahead to make a reservation as the wait can be long.) Our room was very clean but a bit on the older side. Everything worked well. The breakfast is not that great but there is a restaurant on the street that's attached to the hotel. We enjoyed everything we had there. The Sunday brunch was very good. My husband XC skis and daughter downhills. There are places within 30 minutes of the hotel. I always shop the outlets which are adjacent to the hotel.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom unit could accommodate 6 people if the hotel allows.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My family just returned from our skiing vacation over the Christmas & New Year Holiday from Gore Mountain near Lake George. The Clarion had a ski & stay package that was unbeliveable reasonable and fantastic. The location of the hotel was only 35 minutes to the mountain. The rooms were spacious and very clean. We stayed in a 2 room suite that was only $40.00 more than a standard room which had enough space for the whole family including all our skiing gear. They offered a continental breakfast every morning with waffles,cereal and much more. The perfect way to start the skiing day. The indoor pool was great, always towels and after a long day of skiing, it was great to got back and relax. The staff were friendly and kind. I would recommend this to all families or anyone traveling to Lake George area.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Deana D
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We booked a 2 room suite in July for a New Years Weekend Ski Trip. I was apprehensive that I was actually going to get the type of room advertised and was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The front desk staff was very friendly and quick. We were able to check in early. Our room is spotless. The beds clean, down comforters, lots of pillows. The temperature is just right, the carpets spotless. It is very roomy-two bedrooms, one king bed, one queen. French doors that close away from the large sitting room. Fridge, micro and coffeemaker. Three flat screen TV's. Throw rug spotless in large bath. No signs of any aging in this room (other than myself) that is). I have stayed at the best of the best. Resorts that cost me $500 a night and this one is at the top for a fraction of the cost. We are here with a large group. The staff gave us the dining room to hang out in late at night so we can sit together and chat, ordered pizza and planned for our next day of skiing at Gorge.
The hotel is also on the property of the outlets and several pubs. I will plan to stay here whenever I am in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank tbbl
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Ok location, but the hotel itself is nothing to write home about. The room we were in needed some updating. Staff were friendly and helpfull. There is allot better places in Lake George for the price.

• Stayed: September 2011