“Great Hotel and Wonderful Staff!”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
long island, new york
“Great Hotel and Wonderful Staff!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This hotel saved our vacation. On Friday night my boyfriend and I stayed at a different hotel that we had found online. We had a very bad experience in the first hotel (manipulative staff, smelly room, overall unpleasant). On Saturday morning we started driving, hoping that we would find a nicer hotel with an available room. This proved to be an incredibly difficult task, as we were right in the middle of the tourist season.

We pulled up to the Clarion and automatically smiled when we walked inside. Joanne, at the front desk was an incredibly kind, happy and lovely woman. She worked as hard as she could to try to secure a room for us. The GM on shift, Amanda, was also extremely nice and accommodating. We were absolutely elated when they offered us the last room that they had. They even gave us great advice for a day hike, including talk of wild blueberry pie!

My boyfriend and I left for the day and went on our hike, where he proposed on top of Buck Mountain!! I was completely shocked and overjoyed! We came back to the hotel to check in and I (of course) could not keep it in. Unfortunately shifts had changed, so I was unable to tell Amanda and Joanne – but when we went to check out the following morning, they had already heard the news!

The Clarion is clean, comfortable, and a great hotel. To top it off, the staff are incredibly personable, they go out of their way for you, and they even felt like close friends, even though we only spoke for moments at a time. My fiancé and I highly recommend this hotel and will certainly go back the next time we are in Lake George!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank doctorkt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Lowville, New York
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We got an upgrade because we were members of their reward program. The breakfast was very good with homemade waffles and many other selections.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank shar417
walden, ny
Reviewed 3 September 2013

It was an absolutely wonderful place to stay, wonderful breakfast, great staff, pool area clean, rooms immaculate, would recommend to anyone and plan on making a third stay. The Clarion is convenitently located between the Great Escape and the Premium outlets. Their outside area with picnic tables is an added treat, along with the chairs. I have always been accomodated with a ground floor room due to my asthma and copd. Checking in and out is fast, no problems. they always inquire if there is anything else that is needed. I really would not stay anyplace else.

New York
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed at the hotel Labor Day weekend. Great hotel with great service. Very reasonable. As for the Housekeeping staff, they are The BEST. Recommend a stay here, when you're in Lake George. As for the free continental breakfast, well don't count on it. The eating area is small and there are teenagers who maintain it. They work hard, but can't keep up. You may have to bring the eats back to you're room. Otherwise, it still is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Another fine stay at the Clarion Inn at Lake George. Rooms are large, clean and well maintained by staff. The breakfast which is included is superior to other places in the area. We have been coming to this hotel for years to enjoy the peaceful surroundings and to take advantage of the discount shopping at the factory outlets that are all around the hotel.

The summer rates may be higher than many hotels in the area but well worth it.

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I booked a two room suite at the Clarion Inn Hotel for the same amount of money as a regular room by the lake. This hotel is a few miles out but worth the short trip. The room was very clean and well appointed. The desk staff were wonderful, my sister in law forgot her toothbrush and a member of the hotel staff delivered a toothbrush right to our room at 11pm. The on site restaurant is good. We had food delivered directly to our room and it was averagely priced. Great value. Clean and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed August 2013
Pottstown
Reviewed 26 August 2013

As I pulled into the parking lot I was a bit concerned. But our 2 bedroom suite was a nice surprise for the price. The location was very convenient to Lake George and Saratoga and the surrounding sites. Lots of good restaurants and attractions and staff was very friendly. I will say just pass on breakfast, either stock your mini fridge or dunkin donuts is a 1/2 mile away. I know Lake George is a kid haven and I brought my kids.....but my goodness do parents know or care to control their kids? Sorry......had to throw that in.....anyway a nice place to stay, clean and would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suite is a must if you have kids. Bar restaurant out front is very good. Avoid the free...