“Good stay, comfy beds, clean, close to shopping”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Booked this hotel through the Choice Hotels site and got a discount for paying upfront. I am so glad we found a two bedroom suite option in Lake George. As we were coming from tiny rooms in NYC it was a wonderful to be able to stretch out. And the rate was $50 less than our tiny 2 double bed room in NYC. King bed in one room and queen bed in another room, separate living room with couch, one flat panel tv in each room and in living room. Large bathroom with doors opening up from the king bedroom and the living room. You could close off the sink area from the toilet and bath area. Separate shower and bathtub with jets. I did not have any issues with room cleanliness, well kept, cleaned well each day and stocked with towels and sheets. There is a mini fridge and kitchenette with sink, microwave and coffee maker. Staff pretty good, some more friendly and welcoming than others. Overall a good stay, except for a few things - either guests are super loud or walls super thin as I could hear the late nighters walking up and done on the second floor and a whole bunch of what seemed like unruly kids making a whole bunch if noise. I wish guests could be more considerate of each other and not make so much noise. View from the room wasn't particularly great - we saw in to a construction site of the next outlet plaza. Nice to be near the shopping though so we didn't mind that much. Breakfast offerings were a bit limited - cereal, toast, bread, waffles, no eggs or bacon that usually comes with comp breakfast that I get in similar chain hotels. Loved Lake George and had a good time. I would recommend this hotel to families as there is a room option to that you can spread out in.

Room Tip: We were a family of four and the main reason I chose this hotel was for the two bedroom suite option...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

12-15 minutes from the fields. Seconds from Great Escape. CLEAN!!!! We had a one bedroom suite with plenty for all if us (4 ). Minor error...double charged us. But quickly reversed. Slight inconvenience. A definate "return to" upon our next visit to Lake George area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shawn P
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Hotel and locale are excellent!! Good Wi-Fi, breakfast, and very helpful staff. Town of Lake George has a shuttle bus/trolley looking that only costs $1 each way to travel. You will have to wait ~30 min in-between for the next bus. Very close proximity to Six Flags in Lake George.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank mejo1
NY420AB, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for the positive feedback. The staff works extremely hard to provide each guest with an enjoyable experience and they certainly appreciate the recognition. We hope to accommodate you again when you are in the Lake George region!

The staff at the Clarion Inn & Suites of lake George

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night here as I passed through. Perfect spot , enjoyed the accessibility to the outlets, then walked to dinner at the Log Jam.
Friendly, hard working staff!
Easy breakfast feature; great for families.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Cynthia N
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights in room 115. This room is directly across from door "b", which is conveniently located steps from the parking lot. The only negative about that is the noise at night when people return. The room was a Suite, 1 queen and 1 king with a living room with couch, bathroom with a shower and a tub. I was pleased with the extra space. The televisions are mounted way too high the walls though.

Breakfast was acceptable, nothing special but it serves it's purpose.

The pool was average as was the hottub.

Th front desk and breakfast employees were all very friendly.

The only negative I have is the noise. Kids constantly running up and down the halls. This seemed to stop after the pool closed at 10pm. Our second floor neighbors could also be heard dancing around in their clogs or whatever they were doing until around 10pm. To avoid this I would ask for a second floor room at the end opposite the pool (left side). Beware there are no elevators though. Shutting the doors to the living room and putting the air condition fan on (instead of auto) helped drown out some of the noise.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ed B
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We have been staying at the Clarion for the last few visits and although it's not walking distance to the town of Lake George, it is central to the outlet mall. We've stayed in summer and fall and both were quiet and peaceful stays. We've had the 1 & 2 bedroom suites both downstairs & upstairs. The rooms are huge compared to other local suite hotels which we've stayed at as well. Also, I look for cleanliness & run a cleansing wipe on all surfaces and floors...spotless!! Even the floor! There's no elevator but it's only one flight of stairs and the large room more than makes up for the climb. The pool area adequate and spa clean, including a walk out deck! Staff the nicest around and breakfast loaded with all kinds of choices (no meat but we're fine with that). Also, breakfast is a full 3 hours! We'll definitely be returning again!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here for work and was very pleased with it. It is conveniently close to the outlet stores and a short drive from Lake George and Saratoga. Also within driving distance of historical sites like the Saratoga battlefield, and the border with Vermont.

I was impressed with the front desk staff, who were very helpful and friendly, and the restaurant in from of the hotel was absolutely killer. (Ubu + pulled pork sandwich makes me one happy lady.)

My room was very comfortable and always clean, and I had a nice little balcony with a good view. I found the beds very comfortable, and there were plenty of soft comfy pillows to build a nice little nest for watching netflix at the end of a long day.

Location was great, service was great, room was fab, but the continental breakfast was pretty average. If I ever get back through this area, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014