“Comfortable stay at Clarion Inn”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Bengaluru, India
“Comfortable stay at Clarion Inn”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Clarion Inn in August. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and it was a pretty comfortable stay. The hotel is in the same complex as the outlet malls and was less than a 5 miles drive to the lake. Free breakfast was good and filling.

On the negatives, the stairs leading to the first floor were very narrow and highly unsuitable for seniors. I am reducing one star just for this

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I have stayed here several years before and recalled the clean, updated room. My wife and children enjoyed the pool. However, the stay was ruined for me when my six year old son fell down the external stairs (one of two external stairs, the only way to our 2nd floor room) and as a result sustained minor abrasions and bruises to his back and arm. The stairs are not sturdy and the handrail is loaded with splinters. Additionally, it is not possible for small children to properly reach over the entire handrail and grip it from the outside. We informed management about the incident and received what I considered a rather cold response.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank L N
NY420AB, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
First I would like to say thank you for returning to our property. I was upset to hear that your son had fallen and that it had impacted your stay. I'm not sure of the manager addressed but my apologies if we seemed to have taken this situation lightly. I have followed up with maintenance and all measures have been taken place to ensure the safety of our guests occupying the exterior rooms.
Please feel free to reach out to me personally to accommodate you the next time you are in the Lake George region.

Amanda Berrigan
Front Desk Manager
Wayne, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

This is a lovely property. The staff is helpful and pleasant. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Close access to the outlets and restaurants. Nice pool and a great restaurant in front of the property. The lake is just a 5 minute drive away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Penny R
NY
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I just came back from my trip to Lake George. I stood at this hotel for the first time and was very happy with my stay!

Pros:

Amazing location to attractions in the Lake George Area - Six Flags is right down the street and the hotel is actually situated in the Outlet Center (a shopper's dream!) The Lake George Strip is a quick drive away!

Very clean - the cleaning crew did a great job straightening up our room and the hotel's space

Quiet rooms - Even with lots of kids staying at this hotel, we had a good night's rest with very little noises from other rooms. The beds were also comfortable.

Free Continental Breakfast (6:30 AM to 9:30 AM) - Hard Boiled Eggs, Waffles (2 Machines - Wait-in-Line Popular), Bagels, Cereal, Coffee/Tea, Juices, Yogurt, Donuts, etc. Breakfast area and tables get crowded so try to get there early and claim a seat!

Indoor Pool and Jacuzzi

Microwave and Fridge

Cons:

The first floor rooms have a terrace that put you in the parking lot - not necessarily a bad thing (it's great for taking items to the car) but it is good to know that is what you will be looking at when you open your window. You also share this terrace with your neighbor.

No elevators - but very easy access to your room

Overall, I would definitely come back to this hotel! My family and I had a comfortable stay. Check-in and check-out went smoothly as well. I would recommend this hotel to other visitors.

Room Tip: This hotel has two floors of rooms. The first floor is located a little below the lobby floor. The...
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Room was ok!! The young lady that check us out didn't ask me nothing not my name or how my stay was I had to ask her for my bill!!!! Also at check in had the same young girl never told me about the breakfast what time it started nothing!! Our room key never worked always give us a hard time for room 261! But the kids enjoyed the pool and yhe outlets.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
NY420AB, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for commenting on your experience here at the Clarion. We strive to have a consistent check in/check out process, providing the guest with all the necessary information for an enjoyable stay. I apologize if it was somehow overlooked. Again, that is definitely not how we handle customer service at our property.

I wish you and your family an enjoyable remainder of the summer season and thank you for visiting the Clarion Inn & Suites of Lake George..

Amanda Berrigan
Front Desk Manager
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

- Stayed at Clarion for 4 nights in a standard room

PROS:
- Service was very friendly
- Rooms were clean and comfortable.
- Each room has a microwave and good size refrigerator
- Very quiet and peaceful.
- Located in Queensbury, so very close to Outlets, Great Escape and 5 minute drive from Canada street.
- They offer a very simple continental breakfast. Nothing fancy.

CONS:
- No outdoor pool. They have an indoor one that comes in handy if a rainy day, but I always enjoyed being outside poolside on a beautiful day.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
All of us at the Clarion would like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review! We love hearing that people had an enjoyable stay and look forward to a return visit.

The Staff at the Clarion Inn & Suites of Lake George
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Jennifer, at the desk, was very welcoming and gave us an upgrade due to our elite status! We had a room with a jacuzzi and used it every night! Since we arrived early and our room wasn't ready yet, she was kind enough to ask for my cell phone number and call us when it would be ready. We enjoyed the outlet shopping and in an hour Jennifer called to tell us that our room was ready. Also, Amanda gave me a great place to get my hair color retouch, Regis Salon in the Aviation Mall. The room was spotless and Brenda, our housekeeper, kept it that way for our 3 night stay. The continental breakfast was fine with waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, breads, pastries, granola bars, bananas, apples,coffee and tea. The breakfast room staff was always pleasant and kept everything filled. We enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: No elevator, we requested first floor when we made our reservation. Indoor corridors connects you t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple