“Hopefully the new owners will improve things..a lot”

Lake George NY Travelodge
Ranked #73 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I chose this hotel because of the view and it did have a nice view...however, it was a terrible experience. Several weeks later, I still can't get the smell of the room out of my belongings. It was the second worse hotel I have every stayed in, in my life. (I am 54) Not only was everything old and worn out, they didn't even have a grab bar in the shower. (Is that legal?) Our friends had a faucet that swayed to a fro. There was some sort of dripping noise in the ceiling that woke me up all night, the carpet was badly stained and the breakfast area was really "beat." It was like stepping back in time, but not in a good way. They say it is going to be redone this fall...I sure hope so. I did the booking for two couples, and I was VERY embarrassed as to the quality of our stay. I will NEVER stay there again....even if you paid me a thousand dollars. This is the first negative review I have ever made...but is was REALLY BAD.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Celeste C

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Brittney B, Front Office Manager at Lake George NY Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

1  Thank Donna C

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We haven't been to the Lake George area for several years, and had been disappointed the last time with our hotel and beach area, but we were very ahppy at the Travelodge last week. It is obvious that this hotel is being kept up and held to a high standard in all areas. The room was spotless, the bathroom was large and bright, the beds were probably the most comfortable I have slept in a long time, and the staff were friendly and very helpful. Since it was cool out, we didn't visit the beach, but the grounds we saw were beautiful. There are lots of child-friendly places for the kids, and the view here was breathtaking. Oh, by the way, don't miss their continental breakfast, it was great!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Lisa,
Thank you for advising other TripAdvisor patrons of your stay with us. I would like to thank you for your kind words about our motel. Our staff strives daily to deliver a product that exceeds our guests’ expectations. It is always nice to hear that our efforts are noticed and appreciated.
We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thank you for this feedback!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Room had a odd smell to it. The beds were hard as a rock and the bedding was old (needs an update). When I turned on the TV it was all fuzzy, the connector on the end of the cable was not even crimped on properly, I had to craft a way for the cable to get a good connection. The morning breakfast was good, plenty to choose from. The staff was also friendly and kind. This hotel just needs to get with the current times.

Dear Miles 2241,
Let me start by thanking you for your strong comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and would like to let you know we are now under new management and hope to only improve for future stays. Also I'd like to thank you for your kind words about our breakfast and staff. We do plan to implement some updates to bedding this winter so hopefully your future stay shall be more pleasant.

Sincerely