“unfortunate stay”

Ranked #62 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“unfortunate stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I planned a last minute trip over the july 4 th holiday and this was the only hotel w availability. I
should have stayed home. room had a horrible smell upon arrival, bathroom left a lot to be desired, rotten molding on floor and around doors, we repeadly recieved keys that did not work and had to return to office multiple times for new keys, continental breakfast was carb overload, not a protein in sight, I set my plate w coffee on table and decided to get some juice and when I turned around my plate was gone, speedy clean up but had not touched my food, we were told shuttle into town was on the hour beginning at 10:00 am so rushed to be ready and were then told it was 11:00 am on weekends, check in and out time were different on web site that what was allowed upon arrival, this was overall a pittiful place to stay in a beautiful towjn.Do your self a favor and do not stay at this hotel

Room Tip: rooms at front of building have nice view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank carol r
Erica B, Front Office Manager at Lake George NY Travelodge, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Carol,

Thank you for your strong opinions regarding your recent stay at our motel. I have noted the issues you had with your room and have addressed them with the appropriate departments. I appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and would have addressed them immediately if you had advised us during your actual stay. I apologize on behalf of the staff that you did not enjoy your holiday weekend.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Pulaski, New York
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I would NOT go back to this motel ever! There was an overwhelming odor of urine in the room and bathroom. Thankfully I always travel with candles and Lysol which I made good use of. The motel was booked as was most every other accommodation in Lake George over the July 4th holiday so we were stuck. The mattresses were SO hard my hips hurt in the morning after the 1st night. I went to Walmart and bought a $12 foam pad which alleviated the problem for the remaining 2 nights. While taking showers each morning, the water alternated between burning hot and freezing cold. On a positive note, the breakfast room was large and the food was above average for a continental breakfast. The staff throughout our stay was more than accommodating, friendly and helpful. On the afternoon that we arrived the pool was being repaired so we were sent over to a sister property which happened to be a resort on the lake, with beach, pool and hot tub. Also, the motel is in a convenient location which made it easy to explore the area. We enjoyed the nearby rodeo in Lake Luzerne as well as the Tubby Tubes tube sliding. Lake George is great but try another motel - there are plenty in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sherry L
Dear Edward,

Thank you for advising us of the maintenance issues you had with your room during your recent stay. I have passed them on to the correct departments for completion. If you would have made us aware during your actual stay I could have addressed the issues at hand immediately so that your stay would have been more enjoyable. On behalf of the staff I apologize that you were not happy with your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Lake George hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The hotel is a little frayed and dated, but the service was way better than I expected. It was also very quiet, but there was an invasion due the next day by July 4th revellers. I'd visit the place again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank RonBlorcras
Dear Ron,

Thank you for your kind review of our motel. We strive to make each guest stay as pleasant as possible. We hope you choose to stay with us during your next visit to Lake George.
Myerstown, PA
Reviewed 9 June 2014

For Americade my wife and I just needed a "decent" place to sleep close to town. We really didn't expect much from Travelodge. We were wrong! The room was nice and clean, the staff were excellent and helpful in every way (they even provided a bike wash station). The motel is easy to find and convenient to the highways. Breakfast was tasty (and free), and its close to Lake George. The one day we took the trolley (only a buck and it stops right at the Travelodge) to avoid parking and traffic. Even the view from the motel is super. Didn't get to use the pool since the water was still too cold. I recommend booking early. We booked 4 months in advance and saved about $70 a night. Closeby is the Barnsider BBQ, suuuper goood! If you feel like driving to Lake Luzerne stop at the Waterhouse Restaurant, you won't be sorry.

Room Tip: Book in advance if possible to save $$.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gary H
Erica B, Front Office Manager at Lake George NY Travelodge, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
We want to thank you for choosing Travelodge and we are glad that you had an excellent stay with us. We hope you come back to visit us so you can use the pool.

Thank you again for the comments. Please contact us for your future accommodation at Lake George.