“Wonderful”
Review of The Tiki Resort

The Tiki Resort
Ranked #45 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great hotel...very clean (other than the stairwells) had a great time. Indoor and outdoor pools are great..breakfast was fantastic...great staff, both at check in and in the cafe....if you stay - ENJOY!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mary M

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

rooms are clean .. indoor and outdoor pool. Charcoals and pic-nic tables are available beside the playground wich is a plus if you have kids and if you want to save on restaurants
10 min walk to the beach and all the attractions.
we could even see the fireworks from the playgroud.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank lovedeals
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had the worst room location at #325. We were told (on multiple occasions) that people who book with Expedia get the worst rooms. #325 is also very insecure, located behind a large visual barrier.

The room fridge was not running when we arrived. Unless AC was cranked, room smelled musty. The walls are paper thin as we heard everything that was occurring outside AND inside the hotel. If you happen to be looking to do a couples getaway, be prepared for the pitter-patter of kids' feet galore. The room's floors were ice cold ceramic tile, and the grout was filthy. There were cobwebs in every corner. The walls had stains and holes. The outlet behind the dresser was overloaded, probably because the other outlets on that wall were dead. I don't think the bed sheets had been changed, because there was evidence of "biologicals" in both beds.

The bathroom tile floor was installed over an existing floor. Looks like a middle school shop class installed it -- definitely not professional grade. The area behind the toilet was disgusting, and the shower/tub drained slowly.

Worst lodging ever!

3  Thank Mark N
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. Very close to town and beach. We were in the main hotel bldg which I would recommend as the rooms are carpeted not tile and you don't hear a lot of noise from outside. Rooms were good sized, nicely decorated & beds were comfy. Staff was excellent. Manager resolved room issue when we checked in and Heather, one of the waitresses was terrific. Polynesian show was really good and a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Take the main bldg if you want carpeted room. Motel side by the pool has tiled rooms.
2  Thank redshoes64
Reviewed 28 July 2014

About a mile down the road from Lake George; some rooms even have a lake view. Decently priced, clean, with a nice outdoor bar/patio area where you can eat or drink. Very convenient to local attractions.

1  Thank RRA03
Reviewed 27 July 2014

So me and my boyfriend decided to go up to lake goeorge last week we booked our hotel room 7 weeks ago and we requested a room more towards the back of the hotel over looking the parking lot we got a mini suite with kitchenette and and faced the road no so good but air conditioner worked well and two tvs In room and we we pleased with that bed is comfortable pools indoor and outdoor Re great rooms need updating I mean the curtains didn't match the sofa or the chairs , I wish we had forte a room on second floor but we were in and. Out so much didn't matter , we could walk to the beach and shops and restaurants we didn't have to pay for parking I will visit lake george again

Room Tip: Get a room on second floor with. Window that opens and u don't hear kids running up and down hal...
1  Thank Andrea L
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Fifty years ago my wife and I honeymooned here and had a great time. I sent my youngest daughter and her new husband there on their honeymoon last week all expenses paid in advance or so I was told. After the diner show on the first night, the restaurant manager embarrassed my daughter, in the dining room, by telling her my credit card had been declined and she would have to pay $110.00. THE JERK HAD HER IN TEARS. My wife and I were at the theater that evening so it was a couple of hours later before we received her call. It took a whopping two minutes on the phone with the manager before they magically found my information and corrected the problem. They had lied to my daughter and had never run the charges in the first place. No apology, no complementary bottle to make up for their mistake - shame on the restaurant management. We have sent many, many friends to the Tiki over the years, however, the Holiday Inn is much newer and would not EVER consider trying to bill you twice.

4  Thank RonHuther