“recommend highly! Comfortable,clean, affordable and well run. The girls who run it are the best!”

Econo Lodge Downtown
Ranked #30 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Lake George to celebrate our birthdays in June. At the time we made the reservation we didnt realize that it was firemans weekend. We had doubts how it would be after finding out but went anyway. We wound up at the Econo because the motel we had stayed at previously wouldnt book during this "big" business event. So glad!!!! We will be going to the Econo from now on!!! The girls in the office are now like extended family! Really nice! Helpful & accomodating. Continental breakfast was perfect. Walking distance to everything and far enough so the major traffic doesnt bother. And the fireman provided entertainment as well! Plenty of ha ha's!!!!! Saw fireworks from the balcony too. See you next June Ladies!! Thanks for making our B/days the best! Go here! You'll love it gauranteed!

Room Tip: All rooms are great! I have bad knees and wanted ground floor but went during a very busy time and h...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia H

Reviewed 10 July 2012

This was our first stay in Lake George and found the Econo Lodge online for our weekend getaway with the kids. The location makes it easy to avoid parking charges by parking at the hotel and walking a few blocks to the village restaurants and stores, or down to the lake. (You can see the lake from the hotel, but it is on the other side of the street.)

The room was clean and average sized. I would have appreciated a bit more space--with a family of 4 and all our stuff, it got crowded. The room did include a mini-fridge, which was nice to have. Bathroom fixtures were fairly new. The beds were standard, nothing special.

The kids enjoyed the indoor pool but the outdoor pool was too chilly for them. The included continental breakfast was disappointing (toast, donuts, oatmeal, cold cereal, juice) and the breakfast room is very dreary.

Overall, it was about what we expected for the price, and since we basically just used the room for sleeping and getting ready in the morning, it was fine.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed recently at the Econo Lodge in Lake George to get away from home and spend the day on Lake George. I was very surprised at how reasonable the rate was for Lake George in the summer season. The rate included breakfast as well. The room was a comfortable size and very clean.We stayed on the second floor, and it was great because we could sit out on the porch at night. The staff couldn't have been nicer to me and my partner. We will definitely stay again here if we need to get a quick getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room facing the main street.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wjl413
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We come down every year on father's day weekend, and when we came this year the staff apologized for the construction going on the roof and gave us a wonderful room that would keep our young kids safe. The staff made sure everything was in order and the hotel is very clean and great food. If I forgot to mention this year when we stayed the hotel has Hi-def televisions being a sports fan it felt like I was home. When you have a wonderful staff on deck, you know you are gonna have a very pleasant stay. I hope they will always be around so I can keep coming back.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time, and the staff will set you up with a very pleasant room and make sure you have e...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Randy W
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the econolodge for Americade. The rooms were very clean and it was very close to downtown. While there I had the misfortune of locking my medications in the safe and forgetting the combination. It was 2:00 in the morning and when I called the front desk the gentleman working came to our room immediately and opened it for me. Talk about a lifesaver !! I would recommend them to all of my friends and plan on returning there for all of my trips to the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mammaj510
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Nice rooms that were very clean each day. They are a bit on the small side, but we managed. There were 3 of us for Americade (Motorcycle Rally). I already submitted my reservation request for next year!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mbw16
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed there one night (May 20th) with our three young kids and we all loved it. The staff was very nice and helpful. We had a lousy experience the night before at a hotel next door and when we switched to the Econo Lodge we were thrilled. Pricing is great and it includes a small breakfast; with kids it's great! It has an indoor and outdoor pool. We got there before check in time so the rooms were not ready yet but we got to use the pool in the mean time. It's on the main street street close to everything. The look of the rooms may be outdated but it's very well maintained and clean. Even the towels smell nice. The parking is tight but everything else makes up for it. The front desk personnel, especially Mrs. Dorothy, were very helpful, welcoming and friendly. We will go back for sure!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family