“Great Stay”

Econo Lodge Downtown
Ranked #31 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My sister and I and our families stayed here a few weeks ago. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean. Also, the breakfast gave us a great start to the day. I look forward to staying there again in the very near future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Room was very clean. Kids loved the pool, and the continental breakfast. Great location next to everything. Price was very reasonable. My hudband loved the free parking included and the room rate. Every staff we came in contact with at the hotel was very nice and accomadating. I liked how clean the room was, extra towels, and the location in downtown Lake George. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Very clean and great location. Kids loved the pool and we loved the location. Right in the heart of the action of lake George. We will be back for sure next summer. Oh almost forgot, the continental breakfast is a bonus because it helped us saved money being in a tourist area.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I visited the Econo Lodge earlier this summer based on a friend's suggestion, and it surpassed my expectations.
It had the continental breakfast, the pool and all the modern conveniences as expected, but it also had a timeless quality that I really loved. I got the feeling that the whole place was transported straight from the eisenhower era. The vintage beach town feel and in such gorgeous shape. The rooms felt clean and new but gave me the impression that the cute young couple in the room next door just might be my parents (or grandparents) on their honeymoon, just town to see Gaslight Village, or rent a boat and some wooden water-skis! I could tell that this whole place is a passion project; immaculate flower beds, freshly painted rooms, clean hallways and parking lots.
Check in was a breeze and they had suggestions for dinner and even a few great suggestions for Wedding Venues, which is why I was in town. In fact I might point out that my fiance and I were there with both of our mothers, and they both really enjoyed their stay as well. (Possibly the only thing they agreed on the whole trip!).
In summation, I would say that this is a GREAT place to stay, it really gives you the classic Lake George Village experience!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have a better lake view, and have tables and chairs on the porch area that are a gre...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Benjamin M
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We exited Rt. 87 and came into the north end of Lake George Village. We were attracted by Econo Loge on the right because of the hanging flowers, clean white paint and black railings. Parking was available in front and check-in was quick and efficient. An elevator made getting our bags up to our room easy. The room was clean and neat with no odors! Downtown Lake George was easily accessible and we had both an indoor and outdoor pool available.In the morning we had light breakfast fare downstairs. There is no restaurant, but many are available within short walking distance. A good place to stay and reasonable in price.

Desk personnel were very pleasant to deal with.

Room Tip: We think the upper floors are nicer because a balcony walkway has chairs available to sit outside
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James C
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We booked a room at first floor to check our motorcycle. The smell was there wen we went in but thought that is was only beacause the AC wasn't working. Went for Dinner and the smell was still there. Tried to call front desk to ask questions but the phone didn't work! The WiFi didn't work eather. We thougt that all the rooms in the hotel were like that and it was really late, so we slept over the beds (I was scared there was insect or something else)! That room should be condemned. I do not understand why the front desk gave us such a disgusting room at this rate. This was the most expensive room of our trip! I ask to talk to the manager (called 2 times), left my phone number and they told me she will call back but I never had news.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
EconoLodgeDowntown, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for your evaluation of your stay with us. We are sorry you were disappointed! We assure you that we take all comments seriously. We have passed your concerns on to our Maintenance and Technology Departments.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

OK. This is an Econo Lodge. It SHOULD be just so-so. Before you skip forward, let me say that it is just THAT,

BUT.. it is reasonably clean, close to everything, reasonably priced (for Lake George) and has a great balcony where you can sit and watch the world go by. Pool, continental breakfast, bla bla bla. You didn't come here for that.

Keep your expectations reasonable and you will be fine with this so-so stop.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
EconoLodgeDowntown, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding our hotel. Yes, we are an Econo Lodge, not a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn. We are quite proud to be in the top 15% of all Econo Lodges in the United States, based upon guest satisfaction. The staff is committed to providing all of our guests with the best vacation experiences possible. We hope that you will consider staying with us again.