“Not what was expected”

Econo Lodge Downtown
Ranked #30 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We checked into the Econo Lodge in Lake George and the staff was not very friendly , acted like we were an annoyance by just checking in. When walking to our room, there was garbage all over the deck. The night was ok for sleeping, rooms were semi-quiet. As i dried my hair after my shower i noticed that there were several brown spots on the towel and when i looked at another towel it had black spots on it !! these towels were brought to the attention of the front desk and they acted like this is a common experience. Very disappointed with the stay.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
EconoLodgeDowntown, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

We are sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. The condition that you described does not meet our standards. We have shared your review with the appropriate staff members, and your concerns have been addressed.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Great location, near all the shops and restaurants in the Village. Price was right. Had a nice day trip in Lake George and came back to a nice clean room for the night. Staff was friendly and breakfast hit the spot as we checked out the following morning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and our convenient location to downtown Lake George. We hope to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The staff was very pleasant, the rooms were adequate, wish there were microwaves in room, but, they have one in other part of hotel. Everything clean in rooms. The gazebo could have used cleaning, but, pool was nice and clean, towels available. Enjoyed being able to sit outside the room , also had table and chairs for eating outside some rooms. Was able to walk back and forth to village. My only complaint is there wasnt much food in the breakfast room. I told the housekeeper and before that my friend told the front office person. But, it was too late for me, so hopefully the other people got some food. I would definitely stay there again. We even saw a beautiful rainbow across the road.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mary m
EconoLodgeDowntown, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

We are pleased that you enjoyed our pools and sitting on our verandas. The appropriate staff has been notified to ensure that the gazebo is kept clean. Also, we will ensure that there will be adequate breakfast food on your next visit. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I've been to Lake George several times over the years but this year we decided to change hotels and to my delight I hit upon a gem in the ruff, the room while excellent in decor was on the small side but that was the only thing that was small, the staff was cheerful and very helpful, Dorothy is a wonderful hostess. The grounds were very clean and the staff were very mindful about children swimming without adult supervision, the breakfast buffet was ample and well displayed. I will be going back soon and I'm making this my home away from home. Bob Michaud

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
EconoLodgeDowntown, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

We are pleased to know that we are your home away from home! Our front desk service team enjoy treating our guests like family. We look forward to seeing you on a future stay!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this reasonable Econo Lodge. Room kinda small ,bed very comfortable,refrig handy. Indoor pool very good (warm) and a welcome hot tub as well. Breakfast plenty ,waffles,juice cereal danish,muffins etc. Staff friendly and helpful. Short walk to most active part of town.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
EconoLodgeDowntown, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your nice review regarding your stay. We hope to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The staff and accomodations were excellent and the management treat you better than family We have been going back for approximately 7 years and every year they call to see if we are coming same time before booking our room out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
EconoLodgeDowntown, Manager at Econo Lodge Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words! We always treat our guests like family, and do everything possible to make their stay an enjoyable one. We truly hope to see you for next June's convention!

Patricia Moore

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I wrote a review a few years ago. I've went there once a year since and I will say I am more than pleased every time. I enjoy being there so much. Such a refresher for people. I have two jobs that stress me out 99.9 percent. I don't want to leave once I get there. Clean sheets, bathrooms, nice continental breakfast, great staff, what more could you ask for! Cindy H

Room Tip: If you go during firemans weekend, it gets quite loud. If this bothers you, you should pick a room o...