“Not the same”
Review of Good Steer

Good Steer
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Lake Grove
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It’s a shame this place has really gone in the toilet! I’ve been going since I was a kid and over the past few years it’s gotten real bad. They raised all the prices which is expected over time of coarse, but $21 for chicken fingers? Went today and got some what they call “BBQ”, “smoked for 13 hours”. Ribs, pulled pork and shredded brisket.....all inedible. Probably cooked in a crock pot or steamer. Sent it back and got a burger, it came out raw. Blood soaked bun turned to mush, charred on the outside and red mushy meat on the inside. This is not the first, or second time we got raw burgers from here. The quality of the meat they use now is garbage! This is not the Good Steer we all grew up with!!

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Nice menu and good quality food. I love the mushroom a room. Make sure you try the onion rings. This place has been around forever and has a loyal following.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

I have been going to the Good steer every since I was little and can I say it is the best dinner I have ever been to . I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

This place has been around for as long as I can remember. The burgers are tasty and fresh. The restaurant looked clean. The service was good.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

My wife and I decided to take a week and head back to LI, doing a "Nostalgia Tour" of where we each grew up, homes we lived in, places we visited while dating, etc. Our visit just wouldn't be complete without getting a meal of "The Original Burger Supreme". When we lived in Holbrook, visiting Good Steer was a weekly event for us and our kids, other family members and friends. There's and old saying which states, "You can never go back", well, as soon as we walked through the doors of Good Steer, it was like thirty years had simply melted away. Oh, and that was definitely true of our meals. Of course we each had the Burger Supreme, and enjoyed every delicious mouthful of it. The Good Steer has been around for so many, many years, and the reasons for that are the people who work there and the wonderful food they serve. Keep it up, and maybe we'll see you again in another thirty years!!

1  Thank RetiredBeachers29526