“needs an upgrade”

IHOP
Ranked #14 of 44 Restaurants in Lake Grove
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 April 2014

food is good but the place is tired/worn and not always that clean. Wish they would refurbish it. the ones on motor parkway or portion road are both much nicer

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Love getting pancakes and eggs after a really stressful day. Prices are good; service is good.. You can't miss.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

this place always serves good food. Sat & Sunday its very crowded and waits can be long, but take-out is quick and on other days no wait at all.

good food at a good price

Reviewed 23 June 2013

This is a simple restaurant catering to families, seniors and shoppers. It is located on Rt 347, a major shopping area. IHOP has moved beyond pancakes and now offers a wide selection of menu choices. They are generally good but not gourmet. I recently had one of the 55+ selections. It was a well prepared omelet with my two choices of filling (spinach and tomato in my case). It was not as large as local diners offer but it was far more tasty and fresh looking. It came with two pancakes that were very good. We were a group of five ranging from an eight year old to two seniors and we all enjoyed our choices. The hamburgers are especially good and the kids menu offers a side of fruit with it. My husband liked his harvest grain pancakes with blueberries and the waitress offered to put extra blueberries on top. He was very surprised that the berries were fresh and delicious not the compote that he anticipated. Our waitress was wonderful - friendly, efficient and helpful. She checked in regularly but never made us feel rushed. The hostess also came by to check if all was OK. We have been to many restaurants which are more expensive but few offered such good service.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

Eat there occasionally but each time I resent the butter blend I am served to go with pancakes. In about 10 visits (due to convenience) I have never had an egg that wasn't either overdone or underdone.