“Good wifi”

Ranked #6 of 19 Lalibela B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Good wifi”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed near and used the hotel for coffee and wifi. Wifi is locked and is super fast. The rooms looked lovely and have an amazing view over the mountains and is stunning for sun set. Restaurant is nice but overpriced, like everywhere in lalibela!

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank kyle P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

We came here to see the churches but were a little underwhelmed being far more blown away by the staggering natural beauty of this part of the world. The hotel is fine - functional and very well managed. In fact we were extremely impressed by the management of Moges. Food wasn't up to much, there wasn't anywhere nice to sit to relax etc. But I suspect you do as well to stay here as anywhere in this town. This is a place you come to sightsee. The experience could be enhanced by where you stay but as yet I don't think Lalibela offers that standard of hotel. However, the Jerusalem certainly didn't negatively affect our enjoyment of exploring Lalibela and the organisation by the hotel of guide and transport was very efficient. Many thanks to Rose Hipwood (africarosetravel.com) for arranging this so well.

• Stayed November 2013
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Just this is the place you need to stay in Lalibela, No words to express this place.The staff are friendly and gives you better service, they organize my tour and every thing was excellent at Jerusalem hotel was.The food, the rooms are great with extensive, even the guide which the hotel provides was knowledgeable.
I recommend this hotel for your staying in Lalibela.

Room Tip: Get the rooms on the top floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have travelled extensively and usually choose low budget hotels that get good reviews. Most of the time I am very content with the overall quality and my expectations are never set high, especially when travelling in countries such as Ethiopia. On first glance this hotel looks very decent and the staff seem very friendly, however be warned, all is not as it first appears. The staff are very clever in the way they work, especially if you don't take the offers suggested for their guided tours. They seem to go out of their way to make it difficult for you if you find a cheaper option. This happened countlessly and the icing on the cake was our transfer back to the airport. We had made an agreement with the man who brought us from the airport to also take us back at the end of the trip. The office staff found out about this and had told him to leave when he arrived a few minutes before we came to reception with our bags (we found this out as we had his mobile phone number and I got hold of him later). The staff first said that they had not seen him and there were no other taxis or any way of getting to the airport. We waited and waited and got increasingly worried as we couldn't get hold of our driver, then after questioning the staff again they said "Oh yes, he was here" followed by some other lies. They then said that they had a friend with a van and the price would TRIPLE the normal. We had our hands tied and they were very pleased with themselves as there was not any other way of getting to the airport. I have been ripped off many times in all sorts of countries but after staying a few nights with this hotel and getting food poisoning from their restaurant, this time it made me so angry that I wanted to share my thoughts and warn other travellers. Take my advice and stay somewhere else, it will be much more pleasant. By the way Lalibela is beautiful and the people are generally great and friendly just not in this place.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
hong kong
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Hi, I unfortunately booked this through Expedia and knew little about the town of Lalibella and it was advertised as the last room and the rate was $120. I stupidly booked this only to arrive at the airport and talk to their staff and they said they had plenty of rooms for $40 a night.... I find it extremely poor taste and robbery for them to trick people into paying 3x the proper rate. The manager is fully aware of this and makes no excuses what so ever...

Room nice enough but shower room poor with no wifi in the room and roosters wake you at 4:30am. Not impressed

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Tagajo-shi, Miyagi, Japan
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Although a view from the veranda was splendid, I would not recommend this hotel, especially for solo travellers, because it is hugely overpriced. For couples/groups it might be a more reasonable choice, but hotels with the same level of service/cleanness/comfort would easily be found at half the price. The room I stayed was spacious but dusky, and I was annoyed by mosquitoes all the night. I felt their service not particularly attentive and sometimes pushy, but your mileage may vary.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Rooms are spacious with nice views from the balconies (top floor). Hot water at all hours.
Staff is friendly and speaks very good English.
Breakfast is a little modest - no juice or fruits.
Note: Jerusalem is in the lower side of town - it's a trek to get up to the churches, esp. if you're carrying equipment.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank marc_nbo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lalibela
Panoramic View Hotel
#1 of 12 in Lalibela
Red Rock Lalibela Hotel
Red Rock Lalibela Hotel
#5 of 19 in Lalibela

Been to Jerusalem Hotel? Share your experiences!