“Great food, great service, can't wait to go back!”
Review of Fred's Place - CLOSED

Fred's Place
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great service, can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I have been to Fred's Place a few times and I definitely recommend it. I have enjoyed every dish that I have tried ranging from their special to the salmon. I am also a celiac and Joanna has taken special care to make sure my food was safe. I have brought many guests including business guests and all of them have enjoyed themselves as well. Joanna makes everyone feel welcome and is the most attentive server I have had in a long time. I always request her when I know I am going for dinner. I know I'll be going back soon!

1 Thank Christina B

New Paltz, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food & Fantastic Service!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have been wanting to dine at Fred's Place for a long time and the other day we finally went! The food was outstanding and the service was terrific! The restaurant offered a lovely ambience as well. We will be sure to visit again...hopefully sooner than later!

• Visited June 2014
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food and Excellent Service”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I had driven past Fred's Place several times and read about the restaurant in the Hudson Valley Magazine. We decided to give it a try on May 24, 2014 for dinner. We were immediately greeted upon entering. Joanna was our waitress and she was "amazing"! She was friendly, professional, sweet and super attentive. We both had the specials -prime rib(tasty and perfectly cooked medium) and swordfish( loved the pineapple salsa and potatoes). Both entrees were delicious. The meal - bread, salads, mango sorbet, entrees to the out of this world chocolate soufflé dessert were to die for. They had so many delicious desserts it was hard to choose. That evening several large parties were in attendance but Joanna and the rest of the staff were very attentive and worked so well together -checking on us, clearing dishes, getting beverages.
Overall, the experience was "off the hook" and a great dining experience. We will return again and definitely recommend to our friends.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Vinnie F
new york
“the best local restaurant yet!!!!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

For those of us who remember Cynfres Bakery and the wonderful food that was there, you will be happy to know that dining at Fred's Place continues with the tradition of the Wadnola's compassion of food and their service to the community. The manicotti was amazing with homemade pasta and a marinara which was rich and flavorful. The portions are generous and the menu unique. The wait staff, always with a smile was attentive to our needs. The atmosphere was relaxing and you could either be dressed up or casual. Cynthia and Fred's son Chef Chris' compassion of food is reflected his menu. As if that wasn't enough, they have a wonderful dessert menu as well as a dessert cooler of their amazing treats you can choose from. Still craving some excellent breads and desserts? They have a website www.cynfres.com where you can special order their baked goods as well as their www.fredsplace.us where they can cater your events and have the restaurant specials as well. We will definitely be back for more.

• Visited April 2014
Rhinebeck, New York
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had driven by this place a hundred times and we decided to check out the reviews here on Tripadvisor. After reading the reviews we decided to try it. We called for a reservation because it's Valentines Day, but were told nothing until 8. However, if there was room at the bar, we could get served. So we decided to give it a try since our original plans had gotten cancelled because of the weather. The bar area is lovely. Very clean, modern, very nice. We sat down and were greeted and given menus. I noticed that everyone who sat at the bar got a bowl of popcorn, we did not...not sure why. Anyway, ordered the house Merlot. Excellent glass of wine. We looked over the menu and decided to go with the Burgers that sounded excellent. We both upgraded to the Kobe Beef for $3 more. Prior to the Burgers we had the onion soup. The soup was good. They make there own bread and the soup came with a small basket of the bread which was very good. There was a long wait for the burgers, but we figured they were busy, although I didn't really see a crowd. The burgers came and the entire order was wrong. I had said, Med, No Bun, side salad, My husband said Med Rare. I got the Fries, He didn't, they both had buns. Ok no big deal, we swapped plates and I took off the bun. Well, the burger was well done at best and so was my husbands. Really dry, almost too hard to swallow. The salad was good, my husband said the fries were just ok. The server asked if I wanted to send it back...I said no, we had waited so long, I just ate a little of it, ate the salad and enjoyed my wine and the company of the nice couple sitting with us at the bar. They realized that we were not happy with the meal and they offered us complimentary dessert. We brought that home, haven't tried it yet but we will. The couple next to us said, give this place another chance, we love the food, but next time don't order the burgers! So...we will give it one more chance...we will not order the burger...then I'll review it again. Still had a nice night, felt good to get out..the prices are reasonable, which is good and the people are nice....I guess we should have eaten something else.

• Visited February 2014