“Great food great people”
Review of Fred's Place - CLOSED

Fred's Place
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great food great people”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This little out of the way place is well worth the trip off the beaten path. Over the years Fred's place has become one of my favorite places in the Kingston area, less then 5 min from the malls and 10 from city center. The food is always great my favorite is the eggroll of the week you never know what it will be except delicious, fresh seafood and steaks cooked perfect but don't eat to much cause as good as the food is your going to want to save room for desert mom and son team in the kitchen started out as master bakers and the desert case will call you throughout your meal. Fred's place is a must try for any foody.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great service, can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I have been to Fred's Place a few times and I definitely recommend it. I have enjoyed every dish that I have tried ranging from their special to the salmon. I am also a celiac and Joanna has taken special care to make sure my food was safe. I have brought many guests including business guests and all of them have enjoyed themselves as well. Joanna makes everyone feel welcome and is the most attentive server I have had in a long time. I always request her when I know I am going for dinner. I know I'll be going back soon!

1 Thank Christina B
New Paltz, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food & Fantastic Service!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have been wanting to dine at Fred's Place for a long time and the other day we finally went! The food was outstanding and the service was terrific! The restaurant offered a lovely ambience as well. We will be sure to visit again...hopefully sooner than later!

• Visited June 2014
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food and Excellent Service”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I had driven past Fred's Place several times and read about the restaurant in the Hudson Valley Magazine. We decided to give it a try on May 24, 2014 for dinner. We were immediately greeted upon entering. Joanna was our waitress and she was "amazing"! She was friendly, professional, sweet and super attentive. We both had the specials -prime rib(tasty and perfectly cooked medium) and swordfish( loved the pineapple salsa and potatoes). Both entrees were delicious. The meal - bread, salads, mango sorbet, entrees to the out of this world chocolate soufflé dessert were to die for. They had so many delicious desserts it was hard to choose. That evening several large parties were in attendance but Joanna and the rest of the staff were very attentive and worked so well together -checking on us, clearing dishes, getting beverages.
Overall, the experience was "off the hook" and a great dining experience. We will return again and definitely recommend to our friends.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Vinnie F
new york
“the best local restaurant yet!!!!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

For those of us who remember Cynfres Bakery and the wonderful food that was there, you will be happy to know that dining at Fred's Place continues with the tradition of the Wadnola's compassion of food and their service to the community. The manicotti was amazing with homemade pasta and a marinara which was rich and flavorful. The portions are generous and the menu unique. The wait staff, always with a smile was attentive to our needs. The atmosphere was relaxing and you could either be dressed up or casual. Cynthia and Fred's son Chef Chris' compassion of food is reflected his menu. As if that wasn't enough, they have a wonderful dessert menu as well as a dessert cooler of their amazing treats you can choose from. Still craving some excellent breads and desserts? They have a website www.cynfres.com where you can special order their baked goods as well as their www.fredsplace.us where they can cater your events and have the restaurant specials as well. We will definitely be back for more.

• Visited April 2014